Check your account email address ×

04-07 cat snopro sled restoring posers

These guys are a cult and it's retarded.

Different strokes for folks and all sure.  But there's a ton of guys that are super into restoring these sleds.  Down to nothing and back.  End of the day these guys are not actually into riding them, they just like the sleds and want to restore them to be mint and absolutely perfect.  But to me to see an un used sled, a race sled at that, is just such a waste.  If not a little poser'esque.  They were made to be thrashed on.  It's like they're missing the point.  Not that I'd want to thrash on that old shitty firecat chassis.

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

These guys are a cult and it's retarded.

Different strokes for folks and all sure.  But there's a ton of guys that are super into restoring these sleds.  Down to nothing and back.  End of the day these guys are not actually into riding them, they just like the sleds and want to restore them to be mint and absolutely perfect.  But to me to see an un used sled, a race sled at that, is just such a waste.  If not a little poser'esque.  They were made to be thrashed on.  It's like they're missing the point.  Not that I'd want to thrash on that old shitty firecat chassis.

Agreed on all of it.  “Trailer queen” motorsports vehicles.  LOL.

Are you referring to a particular FB group?

If so, I disagree.

There's a lot of people in this world that collect, restore and show off their prizes.

Should vintage stamp collectors put rare stamps on their utility bills?   Coin collectors pay for their food at a taco bell with rare coins? 

Gun collectors, car collectors, motorcycle collectors... it's just the same but with these particular sleds.  I'd rather see those guys have and properly restore them than some 20 year old dipshit who might install a 10" bar riser and slap a monster decal collection on them.  Those tards can stick to F7'S.

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Are you referring to a particular FB group?

If so, I disagree.

There's a lot of people in this world that collect, restore and show off their prizes.

Should vintage stamp collectors put rare stamps on their utility bills?   Coin collectors pay for their food at a taco bell with rare coins? 

Gun collectors, car collectors, motorcycle collectors... it's just the same but with these particular sleds.  I'd rather see those guys have and properly restore them than some 20 year old dipshit who might install a 10" bar riser and slap a monster decal collection on them.  Those tards can stick to F7'S.

This is kinda correlation nonsense to me but, collectors are collectors so I get that part.  I’m just not one.  All my belongings are bought for a purpose and are used as such.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

This is kinda correlation nonsense to me but, collectors are collectors so I get that part.  I’m just not one.  All my belongings are bought for a purpose and are used as such.

He's talking about 04-07 RACE sleds (I believe) which to most twits out there are completely fucking useless for most people to trail ride.  The rare mod sleds even more so.  How many vintage SX races can they use them at?

I'd love to have an old Lancia group B rally car, that I couldn't drive on a public street.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He's talking about 04-07 RACE sleds (I believe) which to most twits out there are completely fucking useless for most people to trail ride.  The rare mod sleds even more so.  How many vintage SX races can they use them at?

I'd love to have an old Lancia group B rally car, that I couldn't drive on a public street.

Hell, I think most old sx or xc race sleds can be used…..with some caution and discretion.  

…..and some aspirin and a heating pad or two the next day.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Hell, I think most old sx or xc race sleds can be used…..with some caution and discretion.  

…..and some aspirin and a heating pad or two the next day.  :lol:

This, coming from you and I who both burnt down a race sled and a mod sled in the past few winters proves the point why most trail tards who don't know or can't afford to fix or maintain them correctly probably shouldn't have them.

The guys Stang is likely speaking of spend countless hours and real money to properly restore them to as raced condition.  Calling them posers is petty and childish, and it reiks of jealousy.

I've gotten to know one of them extremely well, and consider him a friend 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

This, coming from you and I who both burnt down a race sled and a mod sled in the past few winters proves the point why most trail tards who don't know or can't afford to fix or maintain them correctly probably shouldn't have them.

The guys Stang is likely speaking of spend countless hours and real money to properly restore them to as raced condition.  Calling them posers is petty and childish, and it reiks of jealousy.

I've gotten to know one of them extremely well, and consider him a friend 

Don’t get me wrong, I can admire the time, money and effort it takes to restore these machines.  I would just rather restore and ride them.  But, like I said, you’d better damn well know what to expect with these sleds and be ready for it.  The vast majority do not want to be ready for it and are not.  I don’t blame them.  This is also why race teams are hesitant to sell their sleds to the average consumer.

If you don't ride them then it's lame.  If you want to throw the garage queen race sled guys in with stamp and coin collectors, I'd agree.  They are the same type of people.

Yes I'm jealous of not spending all my time on a sled to never use it.  I just wish I could do that.  Then I could sit around and look at it!  

17 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If you don't ride them then it's lame.  If you want to throw the garage queen race sled guys in with stamp and coin collectors, I'd agree.  They are the same type of people.

Yes I'm jealous of not spending all my time on a sled to never use it.  I just wish I could do that.  Then I could sit around and look at it!  

You should tell the guys in the group that, and provide us with a link.

😂

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

How much did my rant offend you on a 1-10?  One being nothing and 10 being how you feel about guns.

Guns are great.  There's just some folks in this world that shouldn't posses them, kindve like old race sleds... and Jag's.

Patiently waiting for that link.

:lmao:

A few weeks back an ill running 85 honda 250r trike brought 6400 bucks at a local auction.  Two days ago a guy I know traveled to Virginia to buy the Yamaha version of that (trx250?) for $7000.  

Man peoples gots some stimuli to spend I guess.:lol:  Motherhumper!

• Like 2

Those guys don't annoy me, much.

The needledicks who buy sno-x sleds, then ask all the questions about how they can make it a better trail mannered sled do.

They are the same ones who'd show up to buy my XC and RXC's and tell me "well I can get this one (pulls up SX FB/CL ad) for $1500 less."  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Those guys don't annoy me, much.

The needledicks who buy sno-x sleds, then ask all the questions about how they can make it a better trail mannered sled do.

They are the same ones who'd show up to buy my XC and RXC's and tell me "well I can get this one (pulls up SX FB/CL ad) for $1500 less."  

That's when I close the garage door and say goodbye.  

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, mnstang said:

I'm probably one of those guys.  I've got sleds I haven't ridden in 4-5 years.  On the other hand some sleds that I have restored and sold I've made very good money off of them and even better selling NOS parts to guys restoring sleds.  Still put on 3000 to 4000 miles a year.on current sleds,  have some limited built sleds I just like to have and a fun hobby when I want restoring sleds or searching and selling parts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doug said:

I'm probably one of those guys.  I've got sleds I haven't ridden in 4-5 years.  On the other hand some sleds that I have restored and sold I've made very good money off of them and even better selling NOS parts to guys restoring sleds.  Still put on 3000 to 4000 miles a year.on current sleds,  have some limited built sleds I just like to have and a fun hobby when I want restoring sleds or searching and selling parts.

How dare you not ride them Doug...  You 'poser'.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Doug said:

I lived next to a guy that helped Ski Doo from the 70's.  His shop was freggin' amazing!  He never made it more than a time or two around his yard on any of his machines a season.  Hard to believe.  I think we can all appreciate the old iron and the folks that keep them and restore them.  It's just not for everybody.  I like to ride/drive/use everything I own and I'm prolly never going to own anything I don't use.  This guy never made it more than a time or two around his yard on any of his machines a season.  Hard to believe.  Man...he had some minty shit I'd just love to take out and "giv'r".  

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I lived next to a guy that helped Ski Doo from the 70's.  His shop was freggin' amazing!  He never made it more than a time or two around his yard on any of his machines a season.  Hard to believe.  I think we can all appreciate the old iron and the folks that keep them and restore them.  It's just not for everybody.  I like to ride/drive/use everything I own and I'm prolly never going to own anything I don't use.  This guy never made it more than a time or two around his yard on any of his machines a season.  Hard to believe.  Man...he had some minty shit I'd just love to take out and "giv'r".  

Told this story before the last time I had one of these sleds out was a 1985 Indy 600 with and SLP RZ 700 motor.  Ran into some guys I ride with and put on just under 200 miles that day.  Sled ran great all day but I couldn't wait to get off of it.  I'll take the current sleds to ride any day over the old iron.

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

If you never use it, yeah.

Well, while i would personally drive the shit out of one and race it, considering that a ZL1 is worth more than you, i can somewhat understand a person not driving one.

Again, i personally would drive it, but i understand when they're that rare.