Check your account email address ×

States giving incentives for GOING BACK TO WORK

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

A good question with this is why such a discrepancy with CNA's 

There isnt....you just don’t know what you’re babbling about 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh but you do?  Just like you know the market.

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/What-Is-the-Average-Nursing-Home-CNA-Salary-by-State

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

He’s probably worth that if he can spin a wrench. A fucking plumber is $135 an hr here with 8 hr minimum

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

So a fucking plumber is worth 10x what the gal at the nursing home wiping asses gets??? 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Did you look up a plumber?  Is he making 10x that.  How about you ben, look up a plumber?  Seems like you are way off from what this says.  Facts only matter when it helps your argument. 

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

53% of American households make less than 75k a year. I personally think 85k a year is pretty good pay but it probably depends on the area you live also.

even in a high cost state like ours it's a good wage.  Certainly better than average.  

My daughter is a relatively new CNA and I'm pretty sure her hourly wage is $15 ... maybe $16/hour at most right now.  But there's such a shortage of help she typically picks up shifts for anywhere from $50 to $150 per shift bonus (and that can range from 4 hours in the evening to a full 8-hour shift).  So the money can add up, especially on holidays like this past weekend.  Not bad coin for a kid.

Ben is still dumb as ever I see ... go back to your sawmill you idiot.  Claiming $85K/year is slave labor?  You're a moron

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bontz said:

My daughter is a relatively new CNA and I'm pretty sure her hourly wage is $15 ... maybe $16/hour at most right now.  But there's such a shortage of help she typically picks up shifts for anywhere from $50 to $150 per shift bonus (and that can range from 4 hours in the evening to a full 8-hour shift).  So the money can add up, especially on holidays like this past weekend.  Not bad coin for a kid.

Ben is still dumb as ever I see ... go back to your sawmill you idiot.  Claiming $85K/year is slave labor?  You're a moron

85k is a slaves wage. 

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

How do they even fill those positions when an ER nurse can walk thru the door and make $45 ?

These are CNA positions. 

Edited by Big Crappie

• Gold Member
43 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

even in a high cost state like ours it's a good wage.  Certainly better than average.  

Yup NH is a high cost state but I’d say we get paid better than most areas of the USA especially southern NH. Median per capita income for NH is 40,003yr. Median NH household income is 76,768yr. If you alone are making 85k not including your spouses income your doing pretty good in NH. Saying 85k is slave labor wage is retarded. 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Always surprises me how theft by taxation never comes up when talking about wages.

We are very well conditioned. 

well those making a household income of 85k aren't paying much in federal taxes at least.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

well those making a household income of 85k aren't paying much in federal taxes at least.  

Exactly.....because it’s near fucking poverty wages as I said 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Always surprises me how theft by taxation never comes up when talking about wages.

We are very well conditioned. 

We had the opportunity to really show people this.  But you even had dipshits here against a temporary moratorium on income taxes. 

30 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup NH is a high cost state but I’d say we get paid better than most areas of the USA especially southern NH. Median per capita income for NH is 40,003yr. Median NH household income is 76,768yr. If you alone are making 85k not including your spouses income your doing pretty good in NH. Saying 85k is slave labor wage is retarded. 

TBH i am not sure how anyone lives here in southern NH on 77k a year household income.  

Edited by Angry ginger

Just now, f7ben said:

Exactly.....because it’s near fucking poverty wages as I said 

:lol:   so dumb as i said.  

In any non high cost area 7k a month pay lives a solid middle class lifestyle,  the envy of most of the world.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

This is exactly the argument pushed by politicians.  Add the car registrations, wheel taxes, gas taxes, sales taxes, inheritance taxes and income taxes and it adds up to a hell of a lot more than the government should get.

Edited by racer254

19 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Guess I got lucky 🤷‍♂️. All the entry jobs I had when I was younger in my teens non paid min. wage. Always made at least 10hr

I think it’s 7.25 but most states are over that by a good amount. NH is not one of those but I don’t know any job that pays under 12 in s.nh 

Southern NH is not like central snd northern. And you can guess why. So, think about how many other parts of the country that are like this.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This is exactly the argument pushed by politicians.  Add the car registrations, wheel taxes, gas taxes, sales taxes, inheritance taxes and income taxes and it adds up to a hell of a lot more than the government should get.

running the infrastructure Americans have come to expect is expensive.  I honestly have no issues with auto registrations, gas taxes and a lot of the other user taxes.  they are the only contribution many Americans actually make to what services they recieve.  

Don't get me wrong we need to cut spending but that should not result in reduced taxes for at least a generation while we pay back what the boomers spent.