States giving incentives for GOING BACK TO WORK

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

If lower is better why not $0 derrrr

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Agreed

:lmao:

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think the burger flipper is probably worth 50% of what you are....

On Friday personal income dropped by 13%, this is the problem of the day and what needs addressing.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:

I don’t see anyone advocating for eliminating the min wage....I thinks that would be fine as it’s an idiotic idea. If there’s going to be a min wage though it needs to be indexed to inflation. That’s pretty simple if you aren’t a retard

I don’t see anyone advocating for eliminating the min wage....I thinks that would be fine as it’s an idiotic idea. If there’s going to be a min wage though it needs to be indexed to inflation. That’s pretty simple if you aren’t a retard

So now you are back to thinking it needs to be $24/hr or just index it going forward?  :lol:  

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The biggest drop in reporting history.  Announced Friday, Biden is not your friend.

Wages need to rise....that’s a fact. 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Quit being obtuse....

I'm not.   I simply don't trust the govt when telling us what the inflation rate is.   There are also other inputs that play a role that is not part of normal free market activity. 

Which index do you think should be followed?   CPI?   Well its up 247% in 3 months.   How do you index wages accordingly? 

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/peterreagan/federal-reserve-wealth/2021/05/31/id/1023343/

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/peterreagan/retirement-inflation-savings-silver/2021/05/13/id/1021267/

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not.   I simply don't trust the govt when telling us what the inflation rate is.   There are also other inputs that play a role that is not part of normal free market activity. 

Which index do you think should be followed?   CPI?   Well its up 247% in 3 months.   How do you index wages accordingly? 

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/peterreagan/federal-reserve-wealth/2021/05/31/id/1023343/

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/peterreagan/retirement-inflation-savings-silver/2021/05/13/id/1021267/

Well one thing is clear. We are experiencing massive inflation and poor people are getting poorer fast. If wages don’t rise significantly the american ideal and the American middle class continue being crushed so rich people can get richer

Well one thing is clear. We are experiencing massive inflation and poor people are getting poorer fast. If wages don’t rise significantly the american ideal and the American middle class continue being crushed so rich people can get richer

I'm not in disagreement with that however increasing wages by indexing them to inflation may just contribute to the cycle dramatically.  Retail and food (restaurants) already have wages that run 40-50% of sales.   Massive increases in labor will significantly raise prices to a point where nobody will be buying or going out to eat.  

Decades of poor monetary policy and massive govt spending is coming home to roost and it isn't going to be pretty. 

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm not in disagreement with that however increasing wages by indexing them to inflation may just contribute to the cycle dramatically.  Retail and food (restaurants) already have wages that run 40-50% of sales.   Massive increases in labor will significantly raise prices to a point where nobody will be buying or going out to eat.  

Decades of poor monetary policy and massive govt spending is coming home to roost and it isn't going to be pretty. 

Yup....3 decades of wage stagnation and monetary policy crafted to keep rich people rich is going to destroy us. Couple that with massive government debt that can’t be serviced if rates rise and it’s all over. Capitalism failed

Edited by f7ben

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup....3 decades of wage stagnation and monetary policy crafted to keep rich people rich is going to destroy us. Couple that with massive government debt that can’t be serviced if rates rise and it’s all over. Capitalism failed

Capitalism didn't fail.....govt and its manipulation of it did.     

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Capitalism didn't fail.....govt and its manipulation of it did.     

That’s the folly of capitalism ....it’s inherent ability to be hijacked by government

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That’s the folly of capitalism ....it’s inherent ability to be hijacked by government

What isn't?   Any other form of an economy is even more if not totally controlled by govt. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What isn't?   

Nothing I guess....there has to be rules. As soon as you make rules you have a controlled market. As soon as you have a controlled market you don’t have capitalism. What we have now is the worst possible system....the false premise of a free market which is really nothing more than a trough for the rich to feed at via their unfettered power and unchecked influence 

Edited by f7ben

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What isn't?   Any other form of an economy is even more if not totally controlled by govt. 

So we are in agreement that the fucking government is the issue....... any government. 

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

So we are in agreement that the fucking government is the issue....... any government. 

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Shifty said:

Of course....but government can serve logical and benevolent function also when the right checks are in place. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yes.

If we had a strong 4th amendment there would be zero issue with govt run healthcare aside from inefficiencies of anything organized on that scale.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Nothing I guess....there has to be rules. As soon as you make rules you have a controlled market. As soon as you have a controlled market you don’t have capitalism. What we have now is the worst possible system....the false premise of a free market which is really nothing more than a trough for the rich to feed at via their unfettered power and unchecked influence 

Even with our system's failings there is plenty good that has come from it.   Plenty here seem to have a very nice life....including yourself. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Even with our system's failings there is plenty good that has come from it.   Plenty here seem to have a very nice life....including yourself. 

I wouldn’t argue with that....it’s served it’s purpose and we need to evolve beyond it. Technology has antiquated capitalism through efficiency. It was the only logical progression. We can do better. I just will never understand the reaction by most when you tell them we can do better than capitalism. It’s like you kicked their pregnant wife in the belly. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

If we had a strong 4th amendment there would be zero issue with govt run healthcare aside from inefficiencies of anything organized on that scale.

The larger govt gets the weaker the Constitution and bill of rights become.   Simply no way around that.   It must in order for govt to maintain its control and continue to grow.  Doubling the size of govt by instituting full NHC would only make it worse.   

Govt's are like large corps.   The larger they get the more they do to protect themselves at all costs.  

I wouldn’t argue with that....it’s served it’s purpose and we need to evolve beyond it. Technology has antiquated capitalism through efficiency. It was the only logical progression. We can do better. I just will never understand the reaction by most when you tell them we can do better than capitalism. It’s like you kicked their pregnant wife in the belly. 

Please elaborate.  Fascism?   Communism?  

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

The dems are proposing $2000 a month stimulus checks per adult and $1000 per child. :lol:  

Family of 5 would get $7000 a month or $84,000 per year.  :lol:  

You know that’s wrong