Check your account email address ×

States giving incentives for GOING BACK TO WORK

1 minute ago, CFM said:

Southern NH is not like central snd northern. And you can guess why. So, think about how many other parts of the country that are like this.

central and northern are also a far lower cost for housing which is most peoples #1 expense so I would not expect the same wage there.   What is funny is the government knows the cost of living differences,  they use it daily paying their own employees as well as the military.  So apply that if we need to have a Federal min wage which FTR would be the only way I support it more than doubling.  $15/hr is fair for an entry level learning job in a high cost area but it's too much in a low cost area for a business to have their numbers work.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

central and northern are also a far lower cost for housing which is most peoples #1 expense so I would not expect the same wage there.   What is funny is the government knows the cost of living differences,  they use it daily paying their own employees as well as the military.  So apply that if we need to have a Federal min wage which FTR would be the only way I support it more than doubling.  $15/hr is fair for an entry level learning job in a high cost area but it's too much in a low cost area for a business to have their numbers work.  

Businesses that pay shit wages don't have a right to exist. 

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

TBH i am not sure how anyone lives here in southern NH on 77k a year household income.  

Probably real hard to get by on 77k especially east of rt.3 for a family of 4. That’s part of the reason I live out here and commute to work out that way. You get more for your money out here but get the pay of working out that way.

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, racer254 said:

Do you know what a nursing home assistants make?

I know a few and they make in the 30 per hour range.

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

A good question with this is why such a discrepancy with CNA's 

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Oh but you do?  Just like you know the market.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Did you look up a plumber?  Is he making 10x that.  How about you ben, look up a plumber?  Seems like you are way off from what this says.  Facts only matter when it helps your argument. 

You made  a stupid statement about wages that you pulled out of your ass and clearly you are wrong and I never said shit about plumbers you halfwit.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, CFM said:

Southern NH is not like central snd northern. And you can guess why. So, think about how many other parts of the country that are like this.

Southern NH makes more because of the Boston market. We also pay a lot more for housing than northern or even the lakes region. I’ve said it before if I bought my place near where I work(commuting distance to Boston)I’d easily be paying 200k more for the exact same house.

46 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Exactly. 

Being near the lake our commercial properties aren’t worth shit as commercial but a ton more for housing. This is starting to push our companies out of ‘downtown’ areas. SadBeing near the lake our commercial properties aren’t worth shit as commercial but a ton more for housing. This is starting to push out businesses also in / near downtown areas. Sad.

Edited by CFM

3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Southern NH makes more because of the Boston market. We also pay a lot more for housing than northern or even the lakes region. I’ve said it before if I bought my place near where I work(commuting distance to Boston)I’d easily be paying 200k more for the exact same house.

I’m in Moultonborough. 03254.  Our housing even off the lake just about doubled in price this year. We will see if the next couple years makes a Correction or not.

Edited by CFM
  • Like 1

Minimum wage jobs are just that - minimum jobs.  You have to start somewhere and have some sort of work ethic.  That is hard to find these days.  My old man didn't want us wasting our time flipping burgers, he would rather have us "working" for him.  When the price of fuel started to rise he, with a good paying welders job, had hours cut and times got tough.  He built a wood stove for heating the house and we started cutting firewood.  By the time I graduated high school I had hundreds of chords of OAK firewood lined up for sales for years.  Worked my butt off but paid my way through college to get a computer/desk job.  Now I would rather wrench on sleds and do wood working projects, but that is about 5-7 years away from being a full time retirement gig.  Can't come soon enough.

If you aren't making enough, get off your ass and find something better.  The opportunity is all yours.

29 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Businesses that pay shit wages don't have a right to exist. 

:lol:   

whose the decider of what business succeeds and fails.  Let the market decide that IMO but don't let the government put a wrench in it by paying people to stay home.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You made  a stupid statement about wages that you pulled out of your ass and clearly you are wrong and I never said shit about plumbers you halfwit.

Bullshit, I said that I knew a CNA making over 50k per year.  And you come on with a link saying they average 29k.  Great.   And it shows that this guy must be making over average or he may be exaggerating a bit.   benny came on saying plumbers make 135/hr and 10 times what a CNA makes.  Holy fuck, Using your link I proved that to be WAY OFF, but I am not saying it is impossible.  Why didin't you do the same?  No, you only attack the people that are against the dem agenda.  That's called being a hack.  And you have been proven to be a dem hack constantly, but those people are slowly leaving the forum.  No one likes people like that. 

Edited by racer254

26 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I think he said 135/hour not 135 a year?  Either way it's fucking stupid.

Yep, correct, changed my post to reflect that.   And if you look it up on ziprecruiter it's way off.  But snacks would not show both, wonder why.

Edited by racer254

Yep, correct, changed my post to reflect that.   And if you look it up on ziprecruiter it's way off.  But snacks would not show both, wonder why.

I called a plumber this year to purge my boiler.....in fact I called 3

Only one returned my call and it was $135 an hr and 8hr minimum 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love how you base your facts off of a single personal experience :lol:It's awesome :bc:

8 minutes ago, HSR said:

I love how you base your facts off of a single personal experience :lol:It's awesome :bc:

and he's not putting 135 in his pocket either as their is cost to run the business if he's self employed or if he's a worker bee the owners taking his share.  

I've always said i'd rather my daughter marry a plumber or electrician over a doc or lawyer though as a motivated one can make good bank and earns for another 5-6-7-8 years over the doctor or lawyer without a few hundred K in loans.    

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I never doubted what you said regarding plumbers until jimmy said I was making false comments.  Fuck him.  I know what my buddy said.  I also know many plumbers that make more than what that zip recruiter site says as well.  I don't need a POS like him accusing me of making shit up.  Just texted another friend that manages a facility in town.  She said at her facility they are making 15 to 21/hr. 

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

and he's not putting 135 in his pocket either as their is cost to run the business if he's self employed or if he's a worker bee the owners taking his share.  

I've always said i'd rather my daughter marry a plumber or electrician over a doc or lawyer though as a motivated one can make good bank and earns for another 5-6-7-8 years over the doctor or lawyer without a few hundred K in loans.    

Comparing what they charge vs what they make.  OMG.  Why does anyone bother with discussions with him.  And jimmy says I am the one making stupid statements.  WOW.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

sounds about right

If you want to pick on people who make too much, start with Realtors........6% commission for being a babysitter selling a home? Talk about thievery.

47 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Bingo, amazing how stupid some people are. I have had to explain that to ignorant people so many times. 

Dude, be real, there is no plumber out banking a doctor or lawyer. :lmao:That plumber would be wreck at the end of his career if he did out bank them. :lmao:

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

sounds about right

If you want to pick on people who make too much, start with Realtors........6% commission for being a babysitter selling a home? Talk about thievery.

Bingo, amazing how stupid some people are. I have had to explain that to ignorant people so many times. 

Dude, be real, there is no plumber out banking a doctor or lawyer. :lmao:That plumber would be wreck at the end of his career if he did out bank them. :lmao:

He may not out earn them over their total life but they can make a good living without 10 years of school to pay for like a doc And the average lawyer does not do that well 

21 hours ago, racer254 said:

Do you know what a nursing home assistants make?

I know a few and they make in the 30 per hour range.

I never doubted what you said regarding plumbers until jimmy said I was making false comments.  Fuck him.  I know what my buddy said.  I also know many plumbers that make more than what that zip recruiter site says as well.  I don't need a POS like him accusing me of making shit up.  Just texted another friend that manages a facility in town.  She said at her facility they are making 15 to 21/hr. 

No fuck you Racer you halfwit motherfucker...CNAs don’t make 30 bucks an hour so you are wrong. Fuck you just admitted it.😂
This is a nursing home near me and they don’t even pay the RN’s 30 bucks an hour.

827880BF-1994-4243-8899-45AAC01F1176.thumb.png.63b95d5fba2d05a2bbbc53921d862571.png

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Of course he isnt. I charge $95 per man hr. If I actualy made $95 an hr from each tech I would be living large.

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:   

whose the decider of what business succeeds and fails.  Let the market decide that IMO but don't let the government put a wrench in it by paying people to stay home.  

Government has been skewing the economy through issuance of massive amounts of debt. You don't get to complain about government manipulating the price of labor after 40 years of manipulation of prices and suppression of labor.

21 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:   so dumb as i said.  

In any non high cost area 7k a month pay lives a solid middle class lifestyle,  the envy of most of the world.  

I honestly think he’s trolling.  It’s either that or he’s EXTREMELY disconnected.

Either way, ignorant comments.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I honestly think he’s trolling.  It’s either that or he’s EXTREMELY disconnected.

Either way, ignorant comments.

This is full of ignorant comments by the usual suspects.   snacks is still hung up on average salaries of CNA's who he claims never can make 30/hour, vs plumbers who make 135 bucks an hour.  it is all so that they can skew the narrative to reflect their ignorant beliefs.