Check your account email address ×

Sooooo, crazy day!!

• Platinum Contributing Member

Daughter's (new the her) car had an electrical fire in the dash on her way to her first day at work of her first job..😞😞😞 ugghhh

IMG_20210520_161009454.jpg

IMG_20210520_162841085.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

She is 💯 health wise, happened as she was just pulling out of the driveway, but mentally was a lot for her..😞

Full coverage, but not sure I'll toss it at insurance just yet..

2000 vw beetle is Kelly Book'n at $2600

38 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Damn!   Vw bug? 

Fuckin volkswagen.  Bought my daughter a 99 Beetle with about 90 on it, probably 15 years ago now.  Ran great, but burned oil like a mother.  1.8 non turbo motor.  One day she calls me and says, "dad my car just stalled and made some really weird noises.  Now there's a big puddle of oil underneath it."   "l'll be right down, tow truck is on its way".  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

She is 💯 health wise, happened as she was just pulling out of the driveway, but mentally was a lot for her..😞

Good to hear! :bc:

Hopefully her new employer was understanding? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yeah fucked up deal when they are at that point in value 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Fuckin volkswagen.  Bought my daughter a 99 Beetle with about 90 on it, probably 15 years ago now.  Ran great, but burned oil like a mother.  1.8 non turbo motor.  One day she calls me and says, "dad my car just stalled and made some really weird noises.  Now there's a big puddle of oil underneath it."   "l'll be right down, tow truck is on its way".  :lol: 

Lol in the late 80s like 4 of us had just dropped acid and just as it was kicking in someone says hey Eric your bug is on fire . We all just sat in the driveway for about a hr and watched it burn 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Shit, glad she’s ok, bro.  Prolly shook her up good but, this too shall pass.

:bc:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Glad she’s OK! :bc:

When I was a kid, my dad’s Peterbilt semi had an electrical fire while it was parked and not running. Entire inside of the cab and sleeper was burnt to a crisp. He happened to be home eating lunch on that weekday. Could have killed him if it happened any other time as he spent 5-6 nights a week in that sleeper. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, irv said:

Good to hear! :bc:

Hopefully her new employer was understanding? 

Yes, it's was meat market/grocery I frequent, I'm good friends with the owner, All good, will be starting on Friday/today

• Like 1

• Gold Member

You already put her through enough pain and embarrassment buying her that pos so please don’t fix it belongs in a junkyard along with the rest of VWs lineup :lol2:. Thankfully she is ok and will live another day in a better car.

7 hours ago, SSFB said:

Glad she’s OK! :bc:

When I was a kid, my dad’s Peterbilt semi had an electrical fire while it was parked and not running. Entire inside of the cab and sleeper was burnt to a crisp. He happened to be home eating lunch on that weekday. Could have killed him if it happened any other time as he spent 5-6 nights a week in that sleeper. 

One of the guys on here had his big rig burn down in the last yr or so