Check your account email address ×

draining the swamp

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Which of these appointees held positions under clinton, bush or obama?

:dunno:

Positions should be filled out like you are taking a picture for a college admission pamphlet.

sex, race, religion, should always be the first priority..

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Which of these appointees held positions under clinton, bush or obama?

They may be different individuals but they are cut from same cloth.

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

:dunno:

Positions should be filled out like you are taking a picture for a college admission pamphlet.

sex, race, religion, should always be the first priority..

Think Trump already has more women than anyone ever has had :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Think Trump already has more women than anyone ever has had :dunno: 

If they are most qualified than fine, but appointing women just for the sake of looks is nonsense.   We need to get back to the best person for the job, not filling quotas.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

If they are most qualified than fine, but appointing women just for the sake of looks is nonsense.   We need to get back to the best person for the job, not filling quotas.

I agree.  But....clearly you've never had a good looking woman in your place of business.  They bring up the bar and get everybody performing better.  Even if it is just in a bathroom stall.

I think I just made a sexist statement.  I don't know how to feel about that.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I agree.  But....clearly you've never had a good looking woman in your place of business.  They bring up the bar and get everybody performing better.  Even if it is just in a bathroom stall.

I think I just made a sexist statement.  I don't know how to feel about that.  :lol:

Actually, I have.   Kind of looking for trouble imo.  ;)

52 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Couldn't agree more. At one time the government here had a mandate to hire visible minorities and it was a bonus if the applicant was a woman. A friend of mine who was a director in government had it made clear he would be challenged if he hired an exceptionally qualified white male. If he hired a black, blind, deaf woman from Haiti that didn't have an education, no problem.

51 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Many years ago I was part of a team of all young guys. Our boss said if he hired a good looking woman we wouldn't get any work done. He was right. Just before he moved on to another job he hired a good looking woman as he put it. His parting gift. A bunch of the guys were ignoring their job and falling all over themselves to help her with her job. She was basically getting a free ride. Any time there was anything at all close to heavy you'd have one of the guys saying... let me get that for you.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Many years ago I was part of a team of all young guys. Our boss said if he hired a good looking woman we wouldn't get any work done. He was right. Just before he moved on to another job he hired a good looking woman as he put it. His parting gift. A bunch of the guys were ignoring their job and falling all over themselves to help her with her job. She was basically getting a free ride. Any time there was anything at all close to heavy you'd have one of the guys saying... let me get that for you.

Right on.

Before I was married I was banging our secretary. It ended well, we were young, but I would never do anything like that today, even if I was single.

Sexual Relationships have no place in a business, rarely ends well.  

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Couldn't agree more. At one time the government here had a mandate to hire visible minorities and it was a bonus if the applicant was a woman. A friend of mine who was a director in government had it made clear he would be challenged if he hired an exceptionally qualified white male. If he hired a black, blind, deaf woman from Haiti that didn't have an education, no problem.

A lot of the guys I know have retired out of a place they worked their whole life. started at ground zero, worked their way up.

Biggest complaint was new hires that fit a specific quota and having no clue how to do their job.