Check your account email address ×

Predictions on future corvette C8 pricing.

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

They got a good engine and trans. I personally like the c6 z06 the best out of the new vettes. Z06 is a very fun car and they can be had for reasonable money now. I think it’s gonna be a while before the c8s become affordable for the everyday joe that wants to modify and have fun with it. Right now and probably next 10yrs it’s just gonna be a typical geriatric owned car. Sits in garage 360 days a year and doesn’t go above 30mph.

Some tuner company just broke the code in the ecu. Allegedly got 1k hp out of it. Sure they'll be some old guys styling but this is supercar territory and you'll see the 30-45 demo buying lots of these.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Nope, but I'm keeping it in a comparable range.  Gallardo, GT3, F430, etc are all better vehicles.

You’ve driven/owned/worked on all of these for this accurate comparison, I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Not really the modern aarp club hold magnum in high regard and have always wanted a mid motor sports car and a plush dickbroom to match that Tommy Bahama shirt collection 

Point to the place where the Corvette touched/hurt you. 

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Go to any car show every freakin vette is owned by a old fart that doesn’t drive it past 30mph. I do see some kids around here driving the c5/c6 cars but it’s because they are fast and affordable. Very few young kids can afford a 40-50-60k car 

But they can afford $70k trucks? Bullshit. Plenty of younger people driving pricy fast cars. 

59 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Still doing high 80's for 1LT's and high 90's for 2-3 LT's. Anyone here driven a 03-04 Z06? Young or old that is a helluva car. Younger drivers don't buy them because of the Vette stigma. Still a world class car especially for the money.

Eh. The C5 was an ok car. I wouldn’t turn a C5 or C6 Z car down for the right money. It would be strictly a track car though. 

46 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I know of a breathed on LT-5 crate motor that’s either going into a salvaged C7 or Camaro. Should be done by the end of summer. I want to drive it. 

You don’t have the sack. 

9 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

They got a good engine and trans. I personally like the c6 z06 the best out of the new vettes. Z06 is a very fun car and they can be had for reasonable money now. I think it’s gonna be a while before the c8s become affordable for the everyday joe that wants to modify and have fun with it. Right now and probably next 10yrs it’s just gonna be a typical geriatric owned car. Sits in garage 360 days a year and doesn’t go above 30mph.

The C6 Z were nice cars but cannot hold a candle to the current car. I’ve worked and driven all of them at the limit. Actually, daily these days but I digress. The new car is a REALLY good car. Really good. 

10 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Some tuner company just broke the code in the ecu. Allegedly got 1k hp out of it. Sure they'll be some old guys styling but this is supercar territory and you'll see the 30-45 demo buying lots of these.

No, they didn’t crack shit. They are using a complete stand alone system to run the stand alone fuel system and to control the boost on the twin turbos they put on it. It’s the owner of Fueltech fuel systems car. 

I would bet that unless he puts pistons in it, he will scatter it soon anyway. He doesn’t launch it hard either to keep the trans and axles together, as well. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

• Gold Member
Just now, J. Jackson said:

Nice 1khp now we’re talking. I’ve only seen a handful at shows and it’s always 60+ guys. The only young guys I’ve seen in c8s are YouTubers like cleetus etc

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:But they can afford $70k trucks? Bullshit. Plenty of younger people driving pricy fast cars. 

The C6 Z were nice cars but cannot hold a candle to the current car. I’ve worked and driven all of them at the limit. Actually, daily these days but I digress. The new car is a REALLY good car. Really good. 

I don’t see many kids in 70k trucks around here. Maybe definition of kid is different a kid to me is early to mid 20s you know before most guys priorities change.

c8s obviously a better car in almost every way but I still personally prefer the c6. It’s probably more nostalgia than anything as it was the car to have in my high school days the cobra and z06.

13 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Garret sold his. He’s at least semi-smart with his money and saw the writing on the wall. 

Any truth to the rumor the C9 going back to front engine due to cooling issues?

37 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I see the entire market coming unraveled. Everything is way overpriced. It’s like the Harley scene of a few years back. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

M5’s are pigs. The only new BMW worth owning is the M2 or M2 comp 

Hmmm, really..... :thumbdown2:

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Everything is way overpriced right now.

Yes it is. And in for a massive revaluation. Sites like Bring Your Own Trailer has served to jack prices. When the old farts with their giant investment portfolios get tired of their childhood dream cars they’ll dump em on the market. Boom. There goes the bottom. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t really know the ins and outs too much on BMW.  It was sharp for sure though.  Just a typical expensive luxury car trying really hard to be in the true performance category.  At least it was a stick so, credit for that.

Hitting play will start it at a 0-60 time...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You’ve driven/owned/worked on all of these for this accurate comparison, I’m sure. 

Point to the place where the Corvette touched/hurt you. 

But they can afford $70k trucks? Bullshit. Plenty of younger people driving pricy fast cars. 

Eh. The C5 was an ok car. I wouldn’t turn a C5 or C6 Z car down for the right money. It would be strictly a track car though. 

You don’t have the sack. 

I'll take a $120k Gallardo or F430 or GT3 over $120k M5 every time.

Every.

Single.

Time.

11 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Any truth to the rumor the C9 going back to front engine due to cooling issues?

C7 Z cars had cooling issues. I have yet to see that on a C8. Matter of fact, even while flogging the shit out of an 8 in desert heat I haven’t seen one with an “issue” so I’m not sure I could believe that rumor at this point. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Snake said:

190 plus...

Damn I miss my 750 after watching these videos.  I've never driven such a big car that pulled like that thing did.....and that was a lowly 4.2 0-60.  The M5 is just silly fast  :bc: 

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Damn I miss my 750 after watching these videos.  I've never driven such a big car that pulled like that thing did.....and that was a lowly 4.2 0-60.  The M5 is just silly fast  :bc: 

It even pipes in fake exhaust noise through the sound system. :lol: 

30 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It even pipes in fake exhaust noise through the sound system. :lol: 

Car was really just silly in multiple ways.  Gesture control was the dumbest gimmick I've ever seen.  You have a knob on the radio and on the steering wheel to adjust the volume.  But no......lets add an electric eye that only saw the gesture about 50% of the time, when all you had to do is press one of your thumbs on the steering wheel.  All the suspension adjustments, owning that thing out of warranty still gives me the shivers.  :lol:  4000 buck radiator grill flap replacement at 40,000 miles a month before the warranty expired made me decide to send it down the road, but I'd get another one some day.  They're not kidding when they say "ultimate driving experience".    Nephew worked at the dealership, so gave me a couple nice demos to drive too, M340 was just an awesome ride.  Their inline 6s are just glorious.

12 hours ago, Snake said:

Hitting play will start it at a 0-60 time...

Respectable for sure.  It was a sharp fucking car I saw too...2 door too which was rare.  I just see it being real spendy for the performance but, when I stack everything up against the top vettes, it’s hard to find competition.

I loved the way our 540 and x5 rode for what they were.  Heavy, planted and solid performance attributes.  They were just two of the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever owned which is sad because, I still like them.  There’s a 2017 white/tan X5 that’s got my eye right now.....and about a half dozen sharp 5 series.  We may go with Audi instead though.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Respectable for sure.  It was a sharp fucking car I saw too...2 door too which was rare.  I just see it being real spendy for the performance but, when I stack everything up against the top vettes, it’s hard to find competition.

I loved the way our 540 and x5 rode for what they were.  Heavy, planted and solid performance attributes.  They were just two of the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever owned which is sad because, I still like them.  There’s a 2017 white/tan X5 that’s got my eye right now.....and about a half dozen sharp 5 series.  We may go with Audi instead though.

I wish I had more experience with the 5 series, without all the gimmicks of the 7 series I have to believe they're not as troublesome.  And I know some guys who've really miled them up.  I'd love a newer X5.