Check your account email address ×

********Offical FreedomSledder Weather Thread*********

ckf

Saying a high of 16c today with sun...so far they are right about sun...but it needs to warm up a bunch.

Edited by Dave

hope this weather changes for the better 14 miles north of me the lake shore is taking a pounding and bad coastal flooding some villages are half flooded now

• Platinum Contributing Member

The GF's family is coming over to our tiny house this Saturday so it better not rain. If we all have to stay inside if the weather sucks, the first person to fart will clear the party.

Next weekend taking her to Mackinaw Island for a few days. She's never been to the Yoop, seen the bridge or the Island. Hoping for decent weather then too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

The GF's family is coming over to our tiny house this Saturday so it better not rain. If we all have to stay inside if the weather sucks, the first person to fart will clear the party.

Next weekend taking her to Mackinaw Island for a few days. She's never been to the Yoop, seen the bridge or the Island. Hoping for decent weather then too.

Long range forecast isn't looking that good. This time of year we should be sitting on patios in t-shirts and shorts. Still wearing sweatshirts and jackets.

For the island

Capture1.JPG.8fb58cdf58a23245da68e8bda0f5f2c0.JPG

Haven't been there in a long time but it's a great place.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Long range forecast isn't looking that good. This time of year we should be sitting on patios in t-shirts and shorts. Still wearing sweatshirts and jackets.

For the island

Capture1.JPG.8fb58cdf58a23245da68e8bda0f5f2c0.JPG

Haven't been there in a long time but it's a great place.

Thanks :bc: We are driving up as soon as her daughter gets on the bus which should put us on the island before lunch. As long as Friday afternoon thru Sunday afternoon stays dry and around 60's degrees it'll be OK I think. Just getting tired of the cold and rain all the time

57 minutes ago, ckf said:

Currently 53F with a few glimpses of sun :bc: 

Its about the same temp here...but not a cloud in the sky....getting some much needed yardwork done.

Edited by Dave
  • Like 1

Low 60"s here in the lower great white north. (2 hrs n of toronto).We've had a reprieve from the rain the past couple days and now the blackflies are out in force. Bring on the heat to get rid of them little fkrs

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, Skidooski said:

Never did make it up there to ride this past winter, eh?   Hopefully next year is a bazillion times better 

37 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Never did make it up there to ride this past winter, eh?   Hopefully next year is a bazillion times better 

Made it up to Strongs again for a quick trip with some friends. Other then thst it was mostly on my lske. She just started riding, little leary about having her on the trails just yet. 

Yeah a bazilion times better! I spent some cash this year upgrading the trail sleds and trailer. But i think you spent more then i did. :happy:

Edited by Skidooski

46 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Made it up to Strongs again for a quick trip with some friends. Other then thst it was mostly on my lske. She just started riding, little leary about having her on the trails just yet. 

Yeah a bazilion times better! I spent some cash this year upgrading the trail sleds and trailer. But i think you spent more then i did. :happy:

I only made it up 3 times and all 3 times were during thaws.  Sucked , but it is what it is. Sometimes it's hard to plan trips and have the weather cooperate. Better than sitting at home. Had to cut first trip short after first day when dad had to be rushed to the hospital.   Rode 5 1/2 days (with a rookie) and did just under 800 miles.  Not great, but not horrible considering the winter we had. 

Get her up to the UP during the week :bc:

Ya think? :lol:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

I ended up going to NH this morning to visit my grandmother. I was shocked to find it snowing with 3-4 inches of new snow in Crawford Notch. It was bad enough going down the notch, but not as bad as it was for the new generation Camaro stuck in the middle of the road trying to climb the notch :lol:

Here's a few pics of the snow at the bottom of the notch.

20170514-untitled.jpg

20170514-untitled-3.jpg

• Like 1