Check your account email address ×

********Offical FreedomSledder Weather Thread*********

ckf

All the rain has made the bushes and flowers look real nice. Getting tired of cutting the grass every 4th or 5th day though. The boy sprained his ankle bad so I have to do it myself...D'oh. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, ckf said:

Currently 47F and cloudy. Forecast is for clouds with a few showers today with a high of 52F :(

Love days like that.

after a fairly dry week I managed to get half of the garden broke up and going to be able to plant a few plants, while this was going to be the year I set up a stand and started doing local farmers market the wet spring has post-poned that plan until next year:( but I will at least be able to do my canning and pickles anyways

13 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

after a fairly dry week I managed to get half of the garden broke up and going to be able to plant a few plants, while this was going to be the year I set up a stand and started doing local farmers market the wet spring has post-poned that plan until next year:( but I will at least be able to do my canning and pickles anyways

I'm getting tired of this damp, cool weather pattern we've been stuck in all spring. It doesn't really look like anything is going to change this week either :sad:

54 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm getting tired of this damp, cool weather pattern we've been stuck in all spring. It doesn't really look like anything is going to change this week either :sad:

only had enough garden space dried out enough for 4 heirloom tomatoes, 4 beefsteak, 1 grape tomato(for Sandy Sue) 4 bell peppers and 10 cucumbers 1/4 of what I normally plant:(

weekend was really nice until late day yesterday but this weeks weather sucks balls.  although hopefully all the new plantings we put in will sprout,  I ended up installing a new micro sprayer irrigation pipe with 5 heads yesterday to a spot where we have had issues with bush's not getting enough water as the lawn sprinklers don't cover the area and my drip system never came down that side of the house.  Last years water ban after July 4 pretty much put an end to 2 of the 6 bushes down that side and 2 are on life support.  

We had a wacky moment of weather even for an area known for extreme swings due to the "Big Lake"

In about 20 minutes mid day, we dropped from high 70's to low 50's.  I was outside and couldn't freaking believe it.  I think the weather officially said we went from 80 to 52 from 2;55 to 3.15 in the afternoon.

Wow.

Just now, Zambroski said:

We had a wacky moment of weather even for an area known for extreme swings due to the "Big Lake"

In about 20 minutes mid day, we dropped from high 70's to low 50's.  I was outside and couldn't freaking believe it.  I think the weather officially said we went from 80 to 52 from 2;55 to 3.15 in the afternoon.

Wow.

we have that happen a lot where I live,  I'm just about a mile from the ocean so there is days we will see that swing but drive 10 minutes inland and it's still 80.  Good sometimes and sucks at others to have the water right there.  

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we have that happen a lot where I live,  I'm just about a mile from the ocean so there is days we will see that swing but drive 10 minutes inland and it's still 80.  Good sometimes and sucks at others to have the water right there.  

It's always like that here.  I live "up on the hill" from the lake so temps are hotter in the summer and colder in the winter.  But we can get in a car all summer and it be 80, then get a few miles toward the lake and it can be in the 50's or 60's.  It still boggles my mind.  We used to have a jeep, and after a long winter, it was great to jump in and head out for a drive, once you topped the hill and the lake was in sight, temps could drop into the 40's easily.  Too funny.  It was enough to turn us back.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

That's what I always liked about the Bar Harbor area of Maine. Almost always cool in the summer when the rest of the northeast roasts.

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

Happy for the clouds, or high 60's :dunno:

Both...its been crazy hot and sunny...good day to cut the grass without getting sunburn.

15 minutes ago, Dave said:

Both...its been crazy hot and sunny...good day to cut the grass without getting sunburn.

That's the exact opposite of what we've been having. The extended forecast is calling for a warming trend for the end of the week/wknd. It would just be nice to have a few days in a row with some sun. I've been getting withdrawals from not being able to fly my drone  :bc:

• Like 1