Check your account email address ×

Reason's why Chauvin's might get another trial.

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:   Personally I don't think he will because for reason's other than the law but they have an excellent argument.

1. Prosecutors office leaked that Chauvin wanted to plead guilty to 3rd degree murder.   This puts guilt in the mind of anyone who heard this.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/officials-chauvin-ready-plead-3rd-degree-murder-75829603

2. Judge told prosecutors office to not introduce evidence that they hid from the defense and if they did he would immediately rule a mistrial.   They introduced it and he backed out on his mistrial claim.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/548445-judge-warns-of-mistrial-in-chauvin-case-if-prosecution-witness-even

3. Maxine Waters and Joe Biden (way more Waters) making statements that may have influenced the outcome.

9 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

get over it retarded pure white american faggot. you're wrong and lost

Hey ladyboy I've said he was guilty from the beginning.   Go creep on someone else. 

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:news:   Personally I don't think he will because for reason's other than the law but they have an excellent argument.

1. Prosecutors office leaked that Chauvin wanted to plead guilty to 3rd degree murder.   This puts guilt in the mind of anyone who heard this.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/officials-chauvin-ready-plead-3rd-degree-murder-75829603

2. Judge told prosecutors office to not introduce evidence that they hid from the defense and if they did he would immediately rule a mistrial.   They introduced it and he backed out on his mistrial claim.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/548445-judge-warns-of-mistrial-in-chauvin-case-if-prosecution-witness-even

3. Maxine Waters and Joe Biden (way more Waters) making statements that may have influenced the outcome.

Forgot about the first one.  Throw in the City of Minneapolis settling the civil case for $27M while the jury was being selected.

Chauvin will never get a new trial.  It's too political for that.

• Like 1

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Forgot about the first one.  Throw in the City of Minneapolis settling the civil case for $27M while the jury was being selected.

Chauvin will never get a new trial.  It's too political for that.

The first one might be the most important for a new trial to be ordered.   The civil suit is a big one I forgot about.   Agreed on him not getting a new trial. 

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The first one might be the most important for a new trial to be ordered.   The civil suit is a big one I forgot about.   Agreed on him not getting a new trial. 

One thing is for sure, if I were a cop being charged with murder, Hennepin County would be one of the last places on Earth I would want the trial to take place.

Murder 2 is just human sacrifice 

manslaughter would have been suiting. One thing that always bugged me though was how the pig chauvin and that fat chink cop kept staring at the bystanders like they’re some kind of all powerful gods looking down on pieces of shit who should all be shot for questioning them 

it’s clear they never meant to kill Floyd. But they didn’t give any regard for his well-being either 

Both sides, the defense and the prosecution had long questionnaires for potential jury members and both sides agreed to each jury member that was selected for the trial. each jury member was also questioned by the judge, so JMO I don't see a retrial coming or this being dismissed or over turned on appeal. 

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

One thing is for sure, if I were a cop being charged with murder, Hennepin County would be one of the last places on Earth I would want the trial to take place.

The seven county metro area, really.

• Like 1

Based on the video evidence alone these guys were fucked from the start and their attitudes during the arrest and complete unwillingness to change course when floyd went unconscious  means I have little sympathy for the fact they will all spend some long days and nights in prison.

Chauvin will appeal but that process is far from simple and unwinnable unless there is some new evidence that was not presented in the original trial.  Even if he get's another trial it's pretty hard to see how he ever stands a chance of being found not guilty.  The next jury will be filled with even more people that likely want him gone while wasting even more taxpayer dollars and encouraging more shit show rioting and looting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

The seven county metro area, really.

This is a much different trial if it takes place in say, Moorhead or another outstate city.  One that won't burn down based on the decisions of the jury.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

This is a much different trial if it takes place in say, Moorhead or another outstate city.  One that won't burn down based on the decisions of the jury.

Should have sent it to someplace where you'd have to drive 60-70-80 miles to get to the nearest hotel.

10 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

after work, having coffee and an old coworker showed up. got things caught up. he then said 'what about he shit in minny. i stopped him and said' i dont give one fuck about a roid cop and a crooked nigger. should have seen his face. 

well said.  :lol: 

Good for the Biden Administration for committing to ferreting out the racism in the Democratic Party!

The whole “City X last had a Republican mayor in [year]” thing has become kind of an all-purpose giggle line for righties (myself included). But seriously here: Except for a weird one-day thing, Minneapolis has had nothing but Democratic mayors dating back to the early sixties. The City Council (per Wiki), which governs the PD, has 12 Democrats and one Green (and that’s it). The Chief (nominated by the mayor, approved by the City Council) is a Black man who has held the post since 2017, and whom you’d have to guess is not a Republican (not because he’s Black, but because he got the job). And I’d guess you’d have to go way back in time to find a Chief who wasn’t Democrat-leaning. So who hires these cops? Who trains them? Who disciplines them? Who provides their rules of engagement? It’s Democrats all the way down.

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

Good for the Biden Administration for committing to ferreting out the racism in the Democratic Party!

The whole “City X last had a Republican mayor in [year]” thing has become kind of an all-purpose giggle line for righties (myself included). But seriously here: Except for a weird one-day thing, Minneapolis has had nothing but Democratic mayors dating back to the early sixties. The City Council (per Wiki), which governs the PD, has 12 Democrats and one Green (and that’s it). The Chief (nominated by the mayor, approved by the City Council) is a Black man who has held the post since 2017, and whom you’d have to guess is not a Republican (not because he’s Black, but because he got the job). And I’d guess you’d have to go way back in time to find a Chief who wasn’t Democrat-leaning. So who hires these cops? Who trains them? Who disciplines them? Who provides their rules of engagement? It’s Democrats all the way down.

Worse than that we have a unelected board we call met council who make decisions about all of our 7 County aria  So trains bike paths even sewer. 

So let's say met council decides no town in Hennepin County can prosses its own sewage then every town even those a hr out if the city have to littealy pump there shit thrugh a evil pipeline to down town so they can filter it and dump it in the Mississippi.  I know it is sort of fitting yet just crazy . 

They decide everything from stadiums to airports watter resources transportation parks even developments everything . Talk about a body of far left wing wackos.  And zero accountability to the people 

Edited by Ez ryder

• 2 weeks later...
Happening Now Icon

Close

Derek Chauvin files for new trial after murder conviction

NBC Universal
DOHA MADANI AND TIM FITZSIMONS
May 4, 2021, 6:01 PM

LITERALLY -- I JUST 
 DIDNT WANT TO GO. 
 TO WATCH SOMEBODY IN 

6089f14cae808b38306d7b55_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin filed an appeal for a new trial Tuesday after being convicted last month of murdering George Floyd.

Chauvin’s attorney, Eric Nelson, filed the request alleging that Chauvin's ability to have a fair trial was affected by pretrial publicity.

The motion alleges that the court abused its discretion by denying the requests for a change in venue and a new trial.

Since the court failed to sequester the jury or "admonish them to avoid all media," Nelson's filing said, they were not only subjected to prejudicial publicity but also "jury intimidation or potential fear of retribution."

The motion alleges eight total abuses of discretion by the court.

Nelson's filing also accuses Minnesota state prosecutors of committing "pervasive, prejudicial prosecutorial misconduct" that also allegedly affected Chauvin's right to receive a fair trial.

The filing also requested an order “to impeach the verdict” on “the grounds that the jury committed misconduct, felt threatened or intimidated, felt race-based pressure during the proceedings, and/or failed to adhere to instructions during deliberations.”

Nelson, said he had no comment on his motion for a new trial.

A jury found Chauvin guilty of second- and third-degree murder, as well as second-degree manslaughter in Floyd's May 2020 death.

This is a developing story; check back for updates.

Happening Now Icon

Close

Chauvin juror defends participation in Washington protest

AOL Associated Press

May 4, 2021, 8:17 AM

0:26

1:28

Chauvin juror: After trial, verdict was easy part

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — One of the jurors who convicted Derek Chauvin in the murder of George Floyd on Monday defended his participation in a protest last summer in Washington, D.C., following online speculation about his motives for serving on the jury and whether it might be grounds for appeal.

A photo, posted on social media, shows Brandon Mitchell, who is Black, attending the Aug. 28 event to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech during the 1963 March on Washington. Floyd’s brother and sister, Philonise and Bridgett Floyd, and relatives of others who have been shot by police addressed the crowd.

That photo recently recirculated online, the Star Tribune reported.

It shows Mitchell standing with two cousins and wearing a T-shirt with a picture of King and the words, “GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS” and “BLM,” for Black Lives Matter. Chauvin knelt on Floyd’s neck for 9 minutes, 29 seconds last May as Floyd said repeatedly that he couldn’t breathe.

Mitchell, 31, acknowledged being at the event and that his uncle posted the photo, but said he doesn’t recall wearing or owning the shirt. 

Mitchell was one of 12 jurors who convicted Chauvin of second- and third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter. Mitchell, the first juror to go public, spoke to several media outlets last week, including The Associated Press.

“I’d never been to D.C.,” Mitchell said of his reasons for attending the event. “The opportunity to go to D.C., the opportunity to be around thousands and thousands of Black people; I just thought it was a good opportunity to be a part of something.”

Mitchell and Chauvin’s attorney, Eric Nelson, have not returned messages from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Mike Brandt, a Minneapolis defense attorney not involved in the case, told the AP the revelation alone wasn’t nearly enough to overturn Chauvin's conviction, but it could be combined with other issues — the announcement of a massive civil settlement to Floyd’s family during jury selection, the shooting of Daunte Wright, the judge’s refusal to move the trial — in an appeal to say Chauvin was denied a fair trial.

Ted Sampsell-Jones, a professor at the Mitchell Hamline School of Law, told the AP that the photo of Mitchell was “evidence that Chauvin can point to in order to establish that his right to an impartial jury was denied.”

He added: “Speaking frankly, Chauvin did not have a fully impartial jury in the sense we usually give criminal defendants. That wasn’t the fault of the judge or the prosecutors, it was simply a function of the incredible publicity and public pressure” surrounding the trial.

Mitchell said he answered “no” to two questions about demonstrations on the questionnaire sent out before jury selection.

The first question asked: “Did you, or someone close to you, participate in any of the demonstrations or marches against police brutality that took place in Minneapolis after George Floyd’s death?” The second asked: “Other than what you have already described above, have you, or anyone close to you, participated in protests about police use of force or police brutality?”

Mitchell told Nelson during jury selection that he had a “very favorable” opinion of Black Lives Matter, that he knew some police officers at his gym who are “great guys,” and that he felt neutral about Blue Lives Matter, a pro-police group. He also said he had watched clips of bystander video of Floyd being pinned and had wondered why three other officers at the scene didn’t intervene.

He said he could be neutral at trial.

Mitchell told the Star Tribune that last summer’s protest was “100% not” a march for Floyd.

“It was directly related to MLK’s March on Washington from the ’60s … The date of the March on Washington is the date … It was literally called the anniversary of the March on Washington,” he said.