Check your account email address ×

Chauvin verdict in.

Still think the reasonable doubt bar was not met in the murder charge... but as I said earlier, the jurors just wanted to be left the fuck alone.  Only way to really do that was go guilty across the board and GTFOH.  Manslaughter charge, certainly.

• Like 1

So I'll demonstrate why I'm not a lawyer here.

Why is someone allowed to be tried for murder 2, murder 3, and manslaughter, and be found guilty on all 3 charges.

Never understood that.  In my warped mind, in this instance, you are guilty of one and not the other two.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Why is someone allowed to be tried for murder 2, murder 3, and manslaughter, and be found guilty on all 3 charges.

Never understood that.  In my warped mind, in this instance, you are guilty of one and not the other two.  

No kidding 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Only time will be served for the top crime, in this case 40 years. If on appeal the greater charge is reversed you still can be guilty of the lesser charges. Different burdens of proof.

19 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Only time will be served for the top crime, in this case 40 years. If on appeal the greater charge is reversed you still can be guilty of the lesser charges. Different burdens of proof.

And he will probably do half that time or less. 

21 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No no, I understand all of that part, but I don't get the guilty on 3 similar ("similar") charges.  In my mind, it is all about the plea bargain.  You are facing alllllll these charges, but if you plea, we'll only charge you with "X" instead of "X, Y, and Z".

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Still think the reasonable doubt bar was not met in the murder charge... but as I said earlier, the jurors just wanted to be left the fuck alone.  Only way to really do that was go guilty across the board and GTFOH.  Manslaughter charge, certainly.

agreed

35 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Remember this..

If this hadnt been videoed, the cops would’ve made up some cock and bull story and chauvin would’ve walked. It’s what these bastards do. The murder 2 conviction is warranted. When Floyd’s bladder let go and the cop kept his knee in place without even flinching, that showed any thinking person everything that they needed to see to draw the proper conclusion. The cop had zero regard for Floyd’s life. He didn’t act as though Floyd’s life had any meaning. He’s one cold mother fucker. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If this hadnt been videoed, the cops would’ve made up some cock and bull story and chauvin would’ve walked. It’s what these bastards do. The murder 2 conviction is warranted. When Floyd’s bladder let go and the cop kept his knee in place without even flinching, that showed any thinking person everything that they needed to see to draw the proper conclusion. The cop had zero regard for Floyd’s life. He didn’t act as though Floyd’s life had any meaning. He’s one cold mother fucker. 

:lol:

3 hours ago, F3600 said:

Not unexpected, so much coverage that no one could not have a predetermined decision.  I can only imagine the exodus of law enforcement will be massive.  Anyone even close to pension collection should move on.

They already are . A fuck load pulled tge ptsd card after riots most were aporoved. 

If the chick gets found guilty there will be a real hard time finding people to take the job. But that is what they think they want 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I was asking my self the same thing how can it be premeditated and non intentional at the same time ? 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Many need to. But basically the message is, act like that and be taken out of society. 

Like I said this one was a given if the convict tge chick there will be mass exits and no one will take the job 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Like I said this one was a given if the convict tge chick there will be mass exits and no one will take the job 

In other words, to keep employing cops, society needs to allow them to kill people in their custody. Cool logic. :lol: 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

No no, I understand all of that part, but I don't get the guilty on 3 similar ("similar") charges.  In my mind, it is all about the plea bargain.  You are facing alllllll these charges, but if you plea, we'll only charge you with "X" instead of "X, Y, and Z".

That is to avoid what just happened, a long drawn out trial.