Check your account email address ×

Who said Asians can't drive

It would be one heck of a drift.  It certainly makes you wonder how.  I get a kick how the driver never knows how it happened.  These same drivers want to get on the road and haul around at speed with the rest of the world.

Gotta love the mattress filled dumpster.  Must be some sort of rule with rentals.  Fill the dumpster with mattresses.

Got a Japanese guy down by me that owns a body shop and has a drag racing team. Dude has some pretty sick cars. His name is Dave (as is mine) so I call him Tokyo Dave. Not sure if he likes that or not. LOL

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Got a Japanese guy down by me that owns a body shop and has a drag racing team. Dude has some pretty sick cars. His name is Dave (as is mine) so I call him Tokyo Dave. Not sure if he likes that or not. LOL

Why would he?

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Good job.   I wouldn’t let it get away. 

I use to be like that when it got slow in the summer try and save the older easy hits from the yard. It isn’t worth it to me something better always comes in. I’d personally rather go home (or sit here on freedomsledder:lol:)  than discount my repair times to save a job. 

Edited by 800renegaderider

11 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’d personally rather go home (or sit here on freedomsledder:lol:)  than discount my repair times to save a job. 

I don’t have that option.   I have to keep the doors  open.  Just delivered a Chrysler 200 the insurance company wanted to total.  Customer took payout and I still made 8 grand on it.  Easy job, no bags, all superficial damage.  Going to make payroll this week.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I don’t have that option.   I have to keep the doors  open.  Just delivered a Chrysler 200 the insurance company wanted to total.  Customer took payout and I still made 8 grand on it.  Easy job, no bags, all superficial damage.  Going to make payroll this week.  

Nice, little different from the owners perspective. Your guys hourly I take it?

23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice, little different from the owners perspective. Your guys hourly I take it?

Yes.  
Things are pretty slow around here.  Every one is fighting for work.  No one is driving ,coming off a mild winter.  Talking to an adjuster, he said claims are half of what they were last year..  

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yes.  
Things are pretty slow around here.  Every one is fighting for work.  No one is driving ,coming off a mild winter.  Talking to an adjuster, he said claims are half of what they were last year..  

It’ll pick up hail and summer vacation drivers coming soon. Feast or famine as my boss always says. We been real busy but past two weeks going on third now have been pretty slow. Adjusters are saying the same for this area too just kinda died out. You can tell too those fuckers call every day to do virtual inspections looking for time to cut. Got into it last week with the progressive scum bags trying there usual sleaziness.

18 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’ll pick up hail and summer vacation drivers coming soon. Feast or famine as my boss always says. We been real busy but past two weeks going on third now have been pretty slow. Adjusters are saying the same for this area too just kinda died out. You can tell too those fuckers call every day to do virtual inspections looking for time to cut. Got into it last week with the progressive scum bags trying there usual sleaziness.

Yep,  worst part about the business.  I still enjoy the work, but the bullshit games with the insurance companies is too much.  It has gotten a lot worse. Adjusters used to be old body guys, but now they are young girls & guys who have never had a hammer in their hand.  Telling you how much something is worth. I just had State Farm adjuster shave off 400 on a 1,700. Supplement.  Now I gotta do battle with this asshole,  instead of him just paying us on a fair claim. 
How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?  

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Yep,  worst part about the business.  I still enjoy the work, but the bullshit games with the insurance companies is too much.  It has gotten a lot worse. Adjusters used to be old body guys, but now they are young girls & guys who have never had a hammer in their hand.  Telling you how much something is worth. I just had State Farm adjuster shave off 400 on a 1,700. Supplement.  Now I gotta do battle with this asshole,  instead of him just paying us on a fair claim. 
How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?  

34 been doing it professionally since 18. Started in school at 16.

I hear ya dealing with the insurance is a freakin nightmare and the worst part of the job. I only deal with the repair times end nothing to do with billing that’s a whole different cluster as I’m sure you know. Some are decent guys but I’ve been dealing with them for years and most are ex body guys or been doing it so long there sick of the bs themselves. Progressive is the absolute worst. I had one girl tell me once after I asked her what makes her think the dent in question was lower time than I wanted for time. “Well we take a two week intensive course on estimating” we still crack up about that one.

17 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

34 been doing it professionally since 18. Started in school at 16.

I hear ya dealing with the insurance is a freakin nightmare and the worst part of the job. I only deal with the repair times end nothing to do with billing that’s a whole different cluster as I’m sure you know. Some are decent guys but I’ve been dealing with them for years and most are ex body guys or been doing it so long there sick of the bs themselves. Progressive is the absolute worst. I had one girl tell me once after I asked her what makes her think the dent in question was lower time than I wanted for time. “Well we take a two week intensive course on estimating” we still crack up about that one.

You’re still pretty young.  The average age is about 45.  I grew up in the trade. Been at it since I was 14.  Body has had it, doing heavy frame takes it toll, along with all the repetitive motion. Haven’t had any young people come in years about a job. Dying trade. 

yeah, that’s hilarious. A whole two week course!!!!  With all that experience you should of had her come in show you how it is done. :lol:

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, Cold War said:

You’re still pretty young.  The average age is about 45.  I grew up in the trade. Been at it since I was 14.  Body has had it, doing heavy frame takes it toll, along with all the repetitive motion. Haven’t had any young people come in years about a job. Dying trade. 

yeah, that’s hilarious. A whole two week course!!!!  With all that experience you should of had her come in show you how it is done. :lol:

I don’t feel young :lol2:but I guess it comes with the trade. I don’t think you will see many young kids getting into it until the insurance starts paying shops a decent rates so the shops can pay the newbies a decent hourly wage. How can a shop keep good talent when you can make for folding clothes at target. Insurance pays 44-50hr shop rate out here that’s nothing. What’s a great tech gonna make hourly 25hr newbies getting 10-15hr ya I’d go fold clothes too lol. I make decent money but I’m flat rate busting my ass and the experience to be making at least 2 for 1 most weeks 3 for 1. It takes a good 4-5yrs to get good enough to do that most newbies won’t wait that long.

15 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I don’t feel young :lol2:but I guess it comes with the trade. I don’t think you will see many young kids getting into it until the insurance starts paying shops a decent rates so the shops can pay the newbies a decent hourly wage. How can a shop keep good talent when you can make for folding clothes at target. Insurance pays 44-50hr shop rate out here that’s nothing. What’s a great tech gonna make hourly 25hr newbies getting 10-15hr ya I’d go fold clothes too lol. I make decent money but I’m flat rate busting my ass and the experience to be making at least 2 for 1 most weeks 3 for 1. It takes a good 4-5yrs to get good enough to do that most newbies won’t wait that long.

Spot on.  on all of it! 
It is hard dirty work.  Goes back to the insurance companies having too much control over what happens in your business.  We are a small shop. We don’t buy work from insurance companies.  We don’t make deals with them. We are 100% there for the customer.  No one feeds us. They actively try and steal  work out of my shop and send them to their “preferred”