Check your account email address ×

Who said Asians can't drive

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Spot on.  on all of it! 
It is hard dirty work.  Goes back to the insurance companies having too much control over what happens in your business.  We are a small shop. We don’t buy work from insurance companies.  We don’t make deals with them. We are 100% there for the customer.  No one feeds us. They actively try and steal  work out of my shop and send them to their “preferred” 

It would be so nice if the shops just all said fuck you we work for xxx and that’s that everyone would make a lot better living. My boss caters to basically two insurance companies that keep us pretty busy. Luckily I think they are two of the better/easier companies to deal with. The others he doesn’t really care and we are constantly fighting with them over labor hours, paint cost, a/m to oem parts, rentals he could care less about what they say or what we say to the adjusters lol long as the customers leave happy. It shouldn’t have to be like that but that’s how the insurance has made it so we play the game like everyone else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yes.  
Things are pretty slow around here.  Every one is fighting for work.  No one is driving ,coming off a mild winter.  Talking to an adjuster, he said claims are half of what they were last year..  

One of my customers has a law firm and they do all American family cases.  They have been real slow I guess because no one was driving and getting hurt.  

6 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yep,  worst part about the business.  I still enjoy the work, but the bullshit games with the insurance companies is too much.  It has gotten a lot worse. Adjusters used to be old body guys, but now they are young girls & guys who have never had a hammer in their hand.  Telling you how much something is worth. I just had State Farm adjuster shave off 400 on a 1,700. Supplement.  Now I gotta do battle with this asshole,  instead of him just paying us on a fair claim. 
How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?  

I got to say I am 90% of the time more than happy with what the adjusters want to lay for home damage and if we find other issues a few pics with a estimate and they ok it almost always.  

My old man had a body shop my whole life I was taping cars for paint and washing booths in grade school  . Even when he started fishing full time he kept the shop because it just made to much money to sell.  But again those were the old days sold the shop prob 15 yrs ago .