Check your account email address ×

Texas covid cases fall to record low after mandates lifted

You think Texas is running around maskless in and out of public stores which has lowered Covid numbers? Haha. I was just there for a week. You wouldn’t know there wasn’t a state mandate because every store you went into still requires a mask.

Edited by Crowder
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crowder said:

You think Texas is running around maskless in and out of public stores which has lowered Covid numbers? Haha. I was just there for a week. You wouldn’t know there wasn’t a state mandate because every store you went into still requires a mask.

Not according to one of my former employees who lives near Houston that I spoke to yesterday.

51 minutes ago, Crowder said:

Masks don't work sorry

52 minutes ago, Crowder said:

Where in Texas were you?

Just now, Mainecat said:

Why the dozens of mask hate threads?

Because Masks don't work. Take a look at a chart of cases in Michigan. Case dramatically increased after Whitmer mandated masks. Michigan currently has the highest number of new cases for all 50 states. We've had Mask mandates and Lockdowns for over a year. It's my opinion that Masks make it worse because people are constantly touching their face to adjust their mask 

If you think you need a mask, wear one.  I know at least 5 people who wore masks everywhere, who all got the Covid.  

Mask?  I'm sorry.  I have a mental disorder.  I think for myself.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

If you think you need a mask, wear one.  I know at least 5 people who wore masks everywhere, who all got the Covid.  

Mask?  I'm sorry.  I have a mental disorder.  I think for myself.

Per the CDC the vast majority of people who have gotten covid since they mandated masks all wore masks

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Because Masks don't work. Take a look at a chart of cases in Michigan. Case dramatically increased after Whitmer mandated masks. Michigan currently has the highest number of new cases for all 50 states. We've had Mask mandates and Lockdowns for over a year. It's my opinion that Masks make it worse because people are constantly touching their face to adjust their mask 

So scientific statistics don’t matter?

told one of my employees he could not come in the office this week.  he was down in FL running around mask less for the weekend  beyond the lip service they pay when going into a bar/restaurants by putting one on for a minute.  do i think he will spread it,  prob not but as a company we have policies in place to address employee safety 

FL and Texas are IMO doing the right thing in leaving comfort level to the individual.  Scared of the covid don't go out if your not scared live your life.  before masks were mandatory i did not mask up,  when it goes away I will stop wearing one unless the business requires it.  Once everywhere is into stage 2 vaccination we need to drop these mask mandates everywhere IMO and leave it to the individual/business. 

Friends in both Dallas and Houston areas said the bulk of people are still masking.  It's not like they've gone from 100 to 0.

It's the same here in AZ.  Businesses all still have their masking signs up and most people, except the types you'd expect, are cooperating.  Our mask mandates and capacity restrictions were all lifted last week and it's up to individuals and individual businesses to decide what they prefer.

Not hearing about less masks in the Dallas/Forth Worth metroplex.  Most business' still requiring them and all of our employees still wearing them into customer homes because they want them to.  I'm convinced any and all data being reported right now is just as bullshit as before.  One minute it's chinese flu cases and deaths going up, next minute it's chinese flu cases and death going down.  It's all a bunch of fucking lies to manipulate people into doing what they want them to do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Seems like a lot of selfish people here only caring about themselves.

I have contributed to every stimulus bill so far and I will be contributing to it for years to come.  Please tell me again how I am selfish.  Fucking hypocrite. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

You guys really should get on a medical forum and tell them all they're doing it wrong, your wisdom would go a long way. 

This is a medical forum....

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I have contributed to every stimulus bill so far and I will be contributing to it for years to come.  Please tell me again how I am selfish.  Fucking hypocrite. 

You didn’t have a choice FFS...the other measures you have control over.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Your thread is about masks.

It’s more than paying your taxes dumbass. Your reply speaks to your selfishness

On 4/1/2021 at 10:47 AM, jtssrx said:

Masks don't work sorry

Has nothing to do with it nor does lifting the ban. Thinking a few weeks with a lifted ban immediately improved the numbers is as dumb as believing a mask saves you from getting Covid.