Check your account email address ×

Anyone know of a decent auto transport company?

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Quit being a faggot and show us the car

Dealing on two cause another one popped up. One is grey and the other white. One is a coupe and the other a 4 door. Patience, mother fucker. Leaning towards the coupe. Tough to find a transport 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

• Gold Member

Daughter shipped her Jetta from NC to CA a couple weeks ago.  It was like $900 give or take.  She just used google and typed “auto shipping” and clicked on what ever came up and got quotes.  Pretty simple for the 24 year old girl to accomplish.

• Haha 2

Just now, BOHICA said:

Daughter shipped her Jetta from NC to CA a couple weeks ago.  It was like $900 give or take.  She just used google and typed “auto shipping” and clicked on what ever came up and got quotes.  Pretty simple for the 24 year old girl to accomplish.

Yeah that’s pretty easy to do. I guess I never thought about that. 

I was looking at renting a U-haul car trailer but they don't have one at the moment anywhere near me. I checked with a local that runs from Nova Scotia to Ont on a weekly basis and was quoted $2K and another guy was $3K. I said to the wife fk that and I'm going to buy a car hauler and do it myself when were ready to head home. With my own hauler I can move the car as many times as needed and when I'm done I can sell the trailer

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Quit being a faggot and show us the car

Stoppppp, you know he needs the attention, prolly another 2-3 threads about a clapped out old ass benz and this will all be over.. Patience

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Florida to Wisconsin and possibly eastern Michigan to Wisconsin. Reputable of course. 

Been trying to get a car from Michigan to Florida for the last month.  Finally found someone to do it.   They are talking  around  $ 1400.  

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Been trying to get a car from Michigan to Florida for the last month.  Finally found someone to do it.   They are talking  around  $ 1400.  

Yep. It’s pretty tight right now. The guy that I’ve used in the past is booked out 5 months. Can’t find drivers. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

North of 300k each what do you think 

Not sure if they work a deal cuz like 4 guys in my parts all ship multiple cars down for the event .

A lot of high dollar cars are wrapped. When I worked auctions it was usually the preferred method. 

I want to get this baby home in about 4 weeks. It hasn't ran in at least 14 yrs and i don't want to try and fire it up just yet. It'll go straight to my buddies shop to get the interior cleaned and detailed then I'll borrow his hoist to drop the fuel tank, change the fuel lines then go through everything before I fire it up. 

20210120_131529.jpg

20210120_131457.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Looks like a decent company. All company owned transports. No brokers. Thanks.

They are at the exit of the Clearwater Travel Plaza.  Their equipment is always clean, looks well maintained, etc.  They have soft-sided enclosed and your standard enclosed trailers.  

here’s the one I’m leaning toward. “83 turbo diesel. 120k on the clock. Nappa leather interior. 2 owner. The dead granny car is a 4 door. Less than 2000 of the coupes were built in the TD. All available options including the billet wheels. That would look nice next to the Beemer 

033C12FA-6293-4B79-B587-6D5C57305292.jpeg

89D92CE9-B75F-40D8-94A6-096C3B23F626.jpeg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I want to get this baby home in about 4 weeks. It hasn't ran in at least 14 yrs and i don't want to try and fire it up just yet. It'll go straight to my buddies shop to get the interior cleaned and detailed then I'll borrow his hoist to drop the fuel tank, change the fuel lines then go through everything before I fire it up. 

20210120_131529.jpg

20210120_131457.jpg

73 and 74 were odd ducks when it came to bumpers.

10 hours ago, smokin george said:

I was looking at renting a U-haul car trailer but they don't have one at the moment anywhere near me. I checked with a local that runs from Nova Scotia to Ont on a weekly basis and was quoted $2K and another guy was $3K. I said to the wife fk that and I'm going to buy a car hauler and do it myself when were ready to head home. With my own hauler I can move the car as many times as needed and when I'm done I can sell the trailer

Yep. My 7k car hauler cost $3,100. Brand new.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Cold War said:

USA Tire out of Utica, MI. $895 one way from Macomb county down to Fort Myers   :thumb: 

Edited by Skidooski
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cold War said:

coworker shipped his wifes to FL for the winter,  $1250 i think NH to Tampa.  

when you search online you end up with big players.  If you call a local dealer they usualy have a local company who will do it as well quicker.  I ended up flying to texas to bring a car back because i could not get anyone to pin my an exact date.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

coworker shipped his wifes to FL for the winter,  $1250 i think NH to Tampa.  

Train ? Alot of people south florida ship cars thru setvice that puts them on trains and drop somewhere in MA.