Check your account email address ×

H.R. 127

Snake

Federal registration of all firearms.

A national gun registry.

Limitations on types of firearms.

Federally mandated insurance, expensive, and managed by the FedGov (some $800 per year).

Psychological evaluations by state-approved psychologists for approval to purchase firearms.

Those evaluations are extended to family members (including former spouses).

Prohibition of person-to-person transfers.

Prohibition of standard capacity magazines.

From the FPC.

Summary: Establishes a nationwide gun registry that is searchable by the general public, mandates licensing to own or possess a firearm and requires a psychological evaluation prior to obtaining such a license, and institutes magazine & gun bans. 

The bill text is finally out and HR 127 is worse than we were even speculating.

HR 127 establishes a federal firearms registration system that will be accessible by federal, state, and local governments, including the military – even the GENERAL PUBLIC! The system will track the make, model, and serial number of all firearms, their owners, the dates they were acquired, and where they are being stored.

You read that right. HR 127 would make public your most private information to anti-gunners who can then dox, harass or even attack you while knowing full well every intimate detail of your self-defense systems. 

The system will also track firearms loans, including the ID of the loan recipient and for how long it is being loaned. This bill applies retroactively, so current firearms owners will have three months to supply their gun information to the federal government from the bill’s effective date.

HR 127 also establishes a federal licensing requirement. Applicants will have to be at least 21, undergo a NICS check, complete a psychological evaluation, complete 24 hours of firearms training, and pay $800 for firearms insurance from the government.

TRANSLATION: You not only have to PAY the government for the privilege of owning guns already in your possession; you also have to convince an anti-gunner that you deserve to keep your rights!

For the psychological evaluation, a licensed psychologist will interview individuals’ spouses and at least two other family members or associates to “further determine the state of the mental emotional, and relational stability of the individual in relation to firearms.” Licenses will be denied to individuals hospitalized for issues such as depressive episodes; no duration for license disability is specified, and it does not matter whether the individual sought help voluntarily.

And who gets the say in whether you can exercise your fundamental rights: the Attorney General, who will in all likelihood be Merrick Garland – an anti-gun extremist previously nominated to the Supreme Court by Barack Obama.

HR 127 will also establish licensing requirements for the display of antique firearms and for the right to possess “military-style weapons.” To display an antique, applicants have to prove they own an antique firearm, describe how they will display it, and demonstrate that they have “safe” storage for it. To possess a “military-style weapon”, applicants will have to undergo 24 hours of safety and live fire training. It is unclear whether this training is in addition to the base 24 hours of training required to possess firearms and ammunition. “Military-style weapons” are defined as they are under assault weapons bans like those in California and New Jersey – weapons are identified by name or because they possess two or more features found on commonly owned, modern semiautomatic firearms such as an adjustable stock, pistol grip, etc.

Finally, HR 127 also criminalizes the possession of “large-capacity magazines” (those carrying greater than 10 rounds) and “ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater.”

Presently, there is no grandfathering clause in this legislation. Meaning you will have to choose between keeping your magazines and being fined and sent to prison.. potentially for decades!

Importantly, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to comply with this legislation. The bill doesn’t even specify how any of these measures will be implemented. Instead, it tasks the Attorney General with creating systems for enforcement while still holding gun owners to ironclad compliance dates.

Reddit/Firearms is discussing this here, here, here, here and here.

I suspect one of the intended consequences of this legislation is that there would be massive noncompliance.  Larger manufacturers like Daniel Defense and Aero Precision would undergo large layoffs and cutbacks, while smaller manufacturers would simply go out of business.

Merely purchasing a firearm from an FFL would involve FedGov paperwork, and noncompliance will involve not purchasing from an FFL.  This would have a large effect on the firearms market – again, all intended.

https://www.captainsjournal.com/2021/01/31/h-r-127/

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There should be a fed license to carry anywhere with a extensive safety course required and a refresher every year.

JMO

Why? 99% of crimes are committed by those who cannot legaly posess a firearm now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There should be a fed license to carry anywhere with a extensive safety course required and a refresher every year.

JMO

My fed license is the second amendment and I taught the most extensive safety course you will ever see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Why? 99% of crimes are committed by those who cannot legaly posess a firearm now.

Lying to buy a gun? Don’t worry about the feds.

If you lied to buy a firearm, fear not the feds.

Your chances of being prosecuted by the Justice Department for falsifying information to illegally buy a gun are almost zero.

Reviews by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System in fiscal 2017 led to 112,000 gun-purchase denials because people were in forbidden categories, according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO). The Justice Department’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) investigated 12,700 of those cases.

How many of the investigated cases resulted in prosecutions?

Twelve.

That’s 0.09 percent of the cases ATF investigated

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Lying to buy a gun? Don’t worry about the feds.

If you lied to buy a firearm, fear not the feds.

Your chances of being prosecuted by the Justice Department for falsifying information to illegally buy a gun are almost zero.

Reviews by the National Instant Criminal Background Check System in fiscal 2017 led to 112,000 gun-purchase denials because people were in forbidden categories, according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO). The Justice Department’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) investigated 12,700 of those cases.

How many of the investigated cases resulted in prosecutions?

Twelve.

That’s 0.09 percent of the cases ATF investigated

More laws and restrictions on law abiding gun owners will work though.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

JMO

You should have to go thru Driving school ("extensive safety course required and a refresher every year") too as you're more likely to kill someone with your vehicle than any firearm

• Like 2

I dont think you should dismiss this as "going nowhere" There will be a give and take here and there will be some permanent effects from this. especially all of you racist domestic terrorists... 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Trump wanted red flag laws ....

And I disagreed with him on that and bump stocks.    He did actually backtrack on the red flag laws and in the end did not support them.  

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

JMO

Said a guy in a state that longer requires a LTC for a resident 

Edited by Doomxz600

The Trump White House is quietly reaching out to Second Amendment organizations and high-level supporters to let them know that the president is no longer backing any form of “red flag” firearms legislation or changes to the current background check laws, according to sources familiar with the conversations.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Wait what? I want a hunting license and I need to take a safety course BUT as long as I’m not hunting I don’t need a gun safety course. WTF?

You need a federal safety course to hunt?

2 hours ago, Anler said:

I dont think you should dismiss this as "going nowhere" There will be a give and take here and there will be some permanent effects from this. especially all of you racist domestic terrorists... 

your unfortunately correct.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Trump wanted red flag laws ....

He was far from perfect but at least he wasn’t Shrillery.

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Wait what? I want a hunting license and I need to take a safety course BUT as long as I’m not hunting I don’t need a gun safety course. WTF?

The second amendment says nothing about hunting.

34 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Hunting is different than personal protection.

55 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Your State requires a Hunting safety course? I've been hunting since the 1950s and never needed one.