Jump to content

You didn’t tip me enough I’m taking your food back


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The wealthy are notorious for being poor tippers. 

 

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

ANd cheap motherfuckers all around. 

no doubt about that

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pre-covid, I was always at least a 20% tipper at a restaurant.  Now I even tip at least 20% if I drive and pick up the food myself and someone merely hands me a bag.  We finally went out to dinne

But teachers and nurses are usually nimpho's

LOL!  Actually, good for her.  And wtf?  Why are they speaking to her from behind a door cam?  Losers.  It's simple, if you can't afford to tip properly, you can't afford to eat out (or order in).

Just now, steve from amherst said:

They coming to your house ya need to drop at least a fin. Hell new yrs eve I picked up the pizza and salad and still left em $8 and change

Yup $5 minimum even if your just ordering a $10 pizza for yourself.  

I tip min of  25-30% or so when we are out since most restaurant workers have not had a great year.  We tip the takeoutguys driver 25%+ every day to bring us lunch,  guy does alright for 3-4 hours a day but the rest of the day he's making squat so he works 6-7 days a week to make a living.   

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Yup $5 minimum even if your just ordering a $10 pizza for yourself.  

I tip min of  25-30% or so when we are out since most restaurant workers have not had a great year.  We tip the takeoutguys driver 25%+ every day to bring us lunch,  guy does alright for 3-4 hours a day but the rest of the day he's making squat so he works 6-7 days a week to make a living.   

 

 

Same here.  Always tip over 25% - a lot of times over 30%.  I like $5 increments so depends on what the bill is. 

20 years ago I was on site for a project in Eureka SD @SSFB @NaturallyAspiratedand took some guys down to the local diner for lunch.  Food was so cheap I’m not sure how they made any money but I gave the waitress $30 and told her to keep the change.  I used the can before we left and as I was walking by she was telling another waitress ‘That guy gave me almost a $10 tip’ and she repeated it 2-3 times.  Made me smile but also think how often they got stiffed or were use to the 25 cent coffee tip. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Same here.  Always tip over 25% - a lot of times over 30%.  I like $5 increments so depends on what the bill is. 

20 years ago I was on site for a project in Eureka SD @SSFB @NaturallyAspiratedand took some guys down to the local diner for lunch.  Food was so cheap I’m not sure how they made any money but I gave the waitress $30 and told her to keep the change.  I used the can before we left and as I was walking by she was telling another waitress ‘That guy gave me almost a $10 tip’ and she repeated it 2-3 times.  Made me smile but also think how often they got stiffed or were use to the 25 cent coffee tip. 

Lots of small town country folk around here are cheap as fuck and have no concept of tipping. :lol:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frenchy said:

good for her. cheap cunts guaranteed that is his parents house. Fucking weasel too afraid too speak to her face. 

how do these losers honestly think these drivers make their $$? 

This is a good question, as tips are truly that, tips.  These delivery services get paid for delivery, Uber eats etc.  Yes, the others are paid min, plus tips.  But let's do some quick math, it was a small bag, so not pizza.  So if the tab was $32-$40, an $8 tip is 20-25%.  

I would say I am a frugal guy, but not cheap. 20-25% is not out of line Covid or not. So unless we knew what the tab was, we can't make that call on if it was an appropriate amount or not.  On the flip side, assuming she is going to get 20-25%, she should have done the math before accepting the delivery.  12 miles in our neck of the woods takes you 10-15 min to drive.  Since she said it took 45 minutes to drive 12, she should have reconsidered accepting the delivery if 20-25% tip was unacceptable.  (worst case of course)

And again, if it was a food delivery service, they are paid for the delivery tip or not.  The distance should not effect the amount tip that would have been factored into the cost of the actual delivery, unless someone went out of their way to get it there in record time.  In my mind, if it took a delivery driver 45 minutes to deliver food from 12 miles away, don't expect 20% tip at all.  (but I don't live in an urban area, and that timing is unacceptable in this region)

maybe I'm missing something

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Lots of small town country folk around here are cheap as fuck and have no concept of tipping. :lol:

 

I’ll always remember that town - Supt at the time was Dr. Sherlock Herning and the locals reminded me of my paternal grandpa who was born in 1903 and spoke German with his siblings.  Many locals looked very similar to him - stout Germans and still had a noticeable German dialect.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Same here.  Always tip over 25% - a lot of times over 30%.  I like $5 increments so depends on what the bill is. 

20 years ago I was on site for a project in Eureka SD @SSFB @NaturallyAspiratedand took some guys down to the local diner for lunch.  Food was so cheap I’m not sure how they made any money but I gave the waitress $30 and told her to keep the change.  I used the can before we left and as I was walking by she was telling another waitress ‘That guy gave me almost a $10 tip’ and she repeated it 2-3 times.  Made me smile but also think how often they got stiffed or were use to the 25 cent coffee tip. 

never understand how waitresses at those cheap breakfast or lunch joints survive probably get so many dickheads leaving a 15% tip on a $8 breakfast thinking that is acceptable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frenchy said:

never understand how waitresses at those cheap breakfast or lunch joints survive probably get so many dickheads leaving a 15% tip on a $8 breakfast thinking that is acceptable. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frenchy said:

never understand how waitresses at those cheap breakfast or lunch joints survive probably get so many dickheads leaving a 15% tip on a $8 breakfast thinking that is acceptable. 

Places like this and where I grew up it was normal for old fucks to spend half the morning at the local diner drinking coffee and leave a 25 cent tip.  Only silver lining was most of the time the waiter/waitress was also the owner.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Hahaha that’s great. I wonder what they ordered. Probably speaking to her from behind the door because there so embarrassed about the shit tip they left her. It would have been even better if she ate there order infront of them

Covid cowards.

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Because. COVID. Duh. 

Beat me to it.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Prove it, send every member $150

Start with me.  Let’s see how rich he is.  :lol:

52 minutes ago, Dave said:

I only send money to people I like.

:lol:

Right.  Like I said above.  Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

never understand how waitresses at those cheap breakfast or lunch joints survive probably get so many dickheads leaving a 15% tip on a $8 breakfast thinking that is acceptable. 

Minimum tip is $5 for any meal.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, biff.org said:

This is a good question, as tips are truly that, tips.  These delivery services get paid for delivery, Uber eats etc.  Yes, the others are paid min, plus tips.  But let's do some quick math, it was a small bag, so not pizza.  So if the tab was $32-$40, an $8 tip is 20-25%.  

I would say I am a frugal guy, but not cheap. 20-25% is not out of line Covid or not. So unless we knew what the tab was, we can't make that call on if it was an appropriate amount or not.  On the flip side, assuming she is going to get 20-25%, she should have done the math before accepting the delivery.  12 miles in our neck of the woods takes you 10-15 min to drive.  Since she said it took 45 minutes to drive 12, she should have reconsidered accepting the delivery if 20-25% tip was unacceptable.  (worst case of course)

And again, if it was a food delivery service, they are paid for the delivery tip or not.  The distance should not effect the amount tip that would have been factored into the cost of the actual delivery, unless someone went out of their way to get it there in record time.  In my mind, if it took a delivery driver 45 minutes to deliver food from 12 miles away, don't expect 20% tip at all.  (but I don't live in an urban area, and that timing is unacceptable in this region)

maybe I'm missing something

if it takes 40 mins it's a populated urban area so prices would be higher I would think. Also assume it's from an actual restaurant so guessing probably $45-50 bag. 

But even still part of what you are paying for is to save the hassle of driving there, grabbing, and driving home. Even if it was 30 mins each way that's an hour out of your life. What is that hour worth? Certainly more than 8 bucks IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CFM said:

No delivery out here. No such problems. :)

Yeah only pizza here, and we just always drive there and pick it up.  What is the expected % tip for a person driving food 12 miles?  I'd think it's a lot higher than sitting at a table and tipping a waitress, no?

I hate snowmachining with weak tippers, or worse yet no tippers.  $8-10 grand plus invested in the sled sitting outside and the cheap fuckers only want to leave a dollar or less.  Many a time i've walked over to pretend to use the bathroom as everyone got up to leave, just so I could sneak back past the table to lay money down to cover their low-life asses and not leave feeling guilty.  That still pisses me off to this day, and it was 15 fucking years ago.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, frenchy said:

never understand how waitresses at those cheap breakfast or lunch joints survive probably get so many dickheads leaving a 15% tip on a $8 breakfast thinking that is acceptable. 

 

54 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Places like this and where I grew up it was normal for old fucks to spend half the morning at the local diner drinking coffee and leave a 25 cent tip.  Only silver lining was most of the time the waiter/waitress was also the owner.  

Local diner in town used to have the best breakfast, bacon, 2 eggs, hash browns, and toast for under $5.00. Even in high school I always left the waitress a $10.00 cause I know all the cheap old fucks would leave her less than a dollar on a $5.00 bill... 

I didn't usually tip for takeout prior to COVID but now I try to leave at least $5.00 no matter what cause I know way less people are eating in and that income stream has dried up for the waitresses still working.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CFM said:

No delivery out here. No such problems. :)

Skip the dishes is the worst place to order through right now....they take a 30% chunk off the top and that hurts when there's no dine in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GGNHL said:

 

Local diner in town used to have the best breakfast, bacon, 2 eggs, hash browns, and toast for under $5.00. Even in high school I always left the waitress a $10.00 cause I know all the cheap old fucks would leave her less than a dollar on a $5.00 bill... 

I didn't usually tip for takeout prior to COVID but now I try to leave at least $5.00 no matter what cause I know way less people are eating in and that income stream has dried up for the waitresses still working.

Try to do the same here, with all the takeout now.  i know alotta the local mom and pops have been really hurting, so always try to take care of them with at least 25-30+%.  Normal circumstances, i just do at least 20% of the total bill.  I feel very fortunate to not be one of those people who's income has gotten crunched recently, cuz i've been there and it sucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold Member

Watching the vid the lady was upset with an $8 tip?  Did I hear that right?  Even on a $32 meal that is 25%.  Hope that meal was at least $32 

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Watching the vid the lady was upset with an $8 tip?  Did I hear that right?  Even on a $32 meal that is 25%.  Hope that meal was at least $32 

Yeah lets be clear.  The lady was a fucking asshole.  You don't like the tips, don't take the job.  That was theft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol




×
×
  • Create New...