You didn’t tip me enough I’m taking your food back

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

never understand how waitresses at those cheap breakfast or lunch joints survive probably get so many dickheads leaving a 15% tip on a $8 breakfast thinking that is acceptable. 

wife worked a job like that when we were dating SMH i made twice what she was making 6 years earlier busing tables.  

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah lets be clear.  The lady was a fucking asshole.  You don't like the tips, don't take the job.  That was theft.

Maybe so when things are business as usual. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Pre-covid, I was always at least a 20% tipper at a restaurant.  Now I even tip at least 20% if I drive and pick up the food myself and someone merely hands me a bag.

We finally went out to dinner on New years eve for the first time since the "pandemic" started. These places are struggling with a 25 percent capacity limit. The waitress was super nice and attentive and it was so nice just to be out again. I left 50% tip on an $80 bill without hesitation. Waitress thanked me profusely.These people need all they can get at this point.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Doomxz600 said:

Our tipped min wage is 5.55 an hr and its going to 6.75 next year, why would anyone take a job that pays that little and hope tips cover the rest and at best must equal 13.50 and be taxed as such.

My wife use to work as a waitress at a convention center back in the day and was taking home 3 to 400 dollars a night in tips..she didn't care about the wage.

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Pre-covid, I was always at least a 20% tipper at a restaurant.  Now I even tip at least 20% if I drive and pick up the food myself and someone merely hands me a bag.

We finally went out to dinner on New years eve for the first time since the "pandemic" started. These places are struggling with a 25 percent capacity limit. The waitress was super nice and attentive and it was so nice just to be out again. I left 50% tip on an $80 bill without hesitation. Waitress thanked me profusely.These people need all they can get at this point.

:bc:

Just now, Dave said:

My wife use to work as a waitress at a convention center back in the day and was taking home 3 to 400 dollars a night in tips..she didn't care about the wage.

A friend of mine said his wife could do that up until they started to tax the tips and required then to be shared with other staff members

8 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

A friend of mine said his wife could do that up until they started to tax the tips and required then to be shared with other staff members

that's why I always tip in cash even if I use my CC for good/great service....

Edited by frenchy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Doomxz600 said:

Ya This was 25 yrs ago

4 minutes ago, frenchy said:

that's why I always tip in cash even if I use my CC for good/great service....

This...

12 hours ago, Dave said:

Who were the cheap bastards that gave here 3, and were they all quarters ?

Edited by Frostynuts
  • Haha 1

I remember when you used to base a tip off the level of service you received. When being a server meant more than carrying your food to the table.  

Last night, we ate outside to support local restaurant, paid $25 fee just for table.   Had to walk inside twice to find waitress.  missing drinks, missing appetizer . Wife ordered a simple nacho.  She puts it down in front of us and everyone at the table is like wtf???   so burnt, the chips were actually black.   Back to go look for waitress.  

Excuse me misss,  this nacho is gross.  

Yeah, I know.  He is burning everything tonight. heavy sigh...........let me get another one.

No one really gives a shit anymore.  She basically did nothing for us, was rude, pissy, and still she got a big fat tip.  

13 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

Our tipped min wage is 5.55 an hr and its going to 6.75 next year, why would anyone take a job that pays that little and hope tips cover the rest and at best must equal 13.50 and be taxed as such.

waiting tables is most peoples first commissioned sales job.  Good at it you can make 50-75k a year with no skills outside personality and hard work.   work at the wrong place or suck at it you might starve.  Good waitstaff would lose money in a non tipping model and only the incompetent would win.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

waiting tables is most peoples first commissioned sales job.  Good at it you can make 50-75k a year with no skills outside personality and hard work.   work at the wrong place or suck at it you might starve.  Good waitstaff would lose money in a non tipping model and only the incompetent would win.  

yep, in my single days  about once a month I would make it to Boston's north end ( Italian section ) 

Was a dude there who was nice, polite and professional. Guy was making 500-600 a night on weekends and prolly 350 on weeknights