Check your account email address ×

How you spendin your stimulus dollars

Just now, steve from amherst said:

When I remodeled my kitchen I went with a Bertazoni. Thing has absoluty no electronis on it. Power out, light it with a match. Has been flawless.

MAST365GASXE Bertazzoni 36" Master Series Free Standing 5 Burner All Gas Range with Counter Deep Main Top and Extra Large High Power Infrared Boiler - Stainless Steel (us-appliance.com)

Could be the best oven in the world but the wife forbids gas appliances (outside survival situations). Pisses me off, but her brother died from a faulty stove so I really just suck it up and nod.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

This worked... well actually. Just never felt comfortable. I prefer a little overkill if I have to err at all...

20200603_152846.thumb.jpg.658803148e7dcfb77dbfbd57932f6f3a.jpg

We never encountered a gate we couldn't get through, but this was real Maine, not Southern Maine. Thing is 64"...

they take that trailer in trade.  I could make mine work by reversing the sides so they go out and trim around the fender but i think it's jsut better to go a 6x12.  Mine will be a 2 seater so no weight issue.  My trailers actually got a 5k lb mobile home axle on it so the weight would help it ride better 

I guess the sanford up to sebago trails have some narrow gates and thats the closest riding for me and where these guys go 2-3 weekends a month  

Edited by Angry ginger

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, steve from amherst said:

When I remodeled my kitchen I went with a Bertazoni. Thing has absoluty no electronis on it. Power out, light it with a match. Has been flawless.

MAST365GASXE Bertazzoni 36" Master Series Free Standing 5 Burner All Gas Range with Counter Deep Main Top and Extra Large High Power Infrared Boiler - Stainless Steel (us-appliance.com)

Yeah, that's a little out of my price range..:lol:

I need an electric stove/oven set up, and a double oven is a must..thinking about this one..

Screenshot_20210101-131604.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yeah, that's a little out of my price range..:lol:

I need an electric stove/oven set up, and a double oven is a must..thinking about this one..

Screenshot_20210101-131604.png

Glass tops are the worst. It’s always gonna have something that needs to be cleaned off. It’s like cooking on a mirror. I know we have had 2. One we bought in our old home....big mistake. Our new place had one....not for 2 long. Switched to a Bosch dual duel.

Dark glass is fine.  Positives outweigh the negatives.  Ours is easy to clean.  Had one with white top - that was not good.  

I asked the wife when we remodeled if she wanted gas and she chose not to - wish we would have.  But I like our separate double oven set-up with separate smooth top electric cook top.  Like the top oven - which is used most of the time - being at eye level. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Thinking about a new oven, mine is 12-ish years old. Starting to take a while to boil water and both ovens are off by 25*..I love cooking so I figured it's about time

Check you owners manual there should be a way to recalibrate the temp setting for the oven I think you can bump the temp up to 50* on some ovens, not sure about the cooktop settings. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Glass tops are the worst. It’s always gonna have something that needs to be cleaned off. It’s like cooking on a mirror. I know we have had 2. One we bought in our old home....big mistake. Our new place had one....not for 2 long. Switched to a Bosch dual duel.

I have a glass top now and I don't mind it, easy clean up with some soft scrub and a scrubby, but thanks..

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

Cooking with electric is awful

Ehh, I cook a lot, it has its advantages and disadvantages as they all would..it's not like I'm cooking steaks on it, that's what the kettle is for. What I use it for, it works good for us..Was definitely good for my kids learning how to cook when they were young

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Could be the best oven in the world but the wife forbids gas appliances (outside survival situations). Pisses me off, but her brother died from a faulty stove so I really just suck it up and nod.

understandable

2 hours ago, Snake said:

This worked... well actually. Just never felt comfortable. I prefer a little overkill if I have to err at all...

20200603_152846.thumb.jpg.658803148e7dcfb77dbfbd57932f6f3a.jpg

We never encountered a gate we couldn't get through, but this was real Maine, not Southern Maine. Thing is 64"...

What is the old trailer size wise........I may need one of those.

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

I have a glass top now and I don't mind it, easy clean up with some soft scrub and a scrubby, but thanks..

Exactly we used to use a scotch brite pad and it worked awesome on a glass top. Anybody who thinks cleaning a glass top is a PIA is doing it wrong. My wife and I just switched to gas and although gas is nicer to cook with it is a far bigger PIA to clean than the glass top was.

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

amazing that only 15%+- of people don't qualify for the check yet most here claim to not get it.   Ballers? Liars?     

Agree...

We only get it because of our age and fixed lower income in retirement. Christ not going out to eat a few times a week now saves us about 500.00 a month.