Check your account email address ×

Christmas shopping

25 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Who's done and who's still thinking of what to buy lol. I told the wife it's a low key year after spending 10K on the boiler system for the house. I bought her gift 3wks ago so I'm off the hook lol

You're a good man. My wife is the only one I have left to buy for. Always a difficult task.

My wife always tells me she does not want anything, so I don't buy her anything.  Then she complains after that I did not get her anything.  This year once again don't buy me anything, I don't need anything.  This time I think she really means it. 

26 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My wife always tells me she does not want anything, so I don't buy her anything.  Then she complains after that I did not get her anything.  This year once again don't buy me anything, I don't need anything.  This time I think she really means it. 

My wifes the same....we usually just go together and look for deals after Christmas.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They never mean it

Bought my wife a washing machine for Christmas a while after we moved in together out of school before we were married.  I felt bad because she was carrying everything 300 ft. to the neighbor's house all the time using their's, so thought it was a great idea.  Man that didn't go over good at all, specially since she thought she was really getting an engagement ring that year.  

Yeah I'm not the shopping type.....way too practical.  

5 minutes ago, hayward said:

Bought my wife a washing machine for Christmas a while after we moved in together out of school before we were married.  I felt bad because she was carrying everything 300 ft. to the neighbor's house all the time using their's, so thought it was a great idea.  Man that didn't go over good at all, specially since she thought she was really getting an engagement ring that year.  

Bad idea dude.:lol:

22 minutes ago, hayward said:

Before our first Christmas my wife said don't ever buy me a appliance for Christmas or birthday! She meant it. We have been married for almost 37 years.

its always jewelry or Coach bags and never gift certificates.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Before our first Christmas my wife said don't ever buy me a appliance for Christmas or birthday! She meant it. We have been married for almost 37 years.

The first year I was dating the ol lady I bought her a tool set....

... and she loved it actually. :lol:

We aren't doing presents for each other this year. Instead putting money towards our trip to Mt Valin snowmobiling. I actually have to stay at nice lodging with her instead of a seedy motel so it's gonna cost more. :lol:

10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You'd make a good woman,  Oh wait . . . .

10 hours ago, xcr700 said:

We're spending our xmas money on our dog. needs surgery so that's that 

Good for you guys.  Family first!  :thumb:

My wife and I usually just buy what we want then wrap it for something to give ourselves.  She's "giving me" some new tools.  Not sure what I'm "giving her".  I'm sure I'll find it stupid and expensive though.  

It's pretty much been all about our daughter since she was born.  Just about done with her list. Spoiled brat!  Gotta pick up some extra goodies for our pups this week and a prime rib roast for us and that should do it!  Damn cats have pretty much made our tree look like haggard ass so can't wait to get rid of that shrub after Christmas.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hayward said:

Lol,. Same here ,  but I got her a high dollar vacuum.  25 years later it is still brought up every year.   I'm the same way I like getting practical gifts, like tools, work boots, gloves.  I have a hard time spending money on jewelry and I am done trying to buy her any kind of clothing.