Check your account email address ×

Christmas shopping

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Lol,. Same here ,  but I got her a high dollar vacuum.  25 years later it is still brought up every year.   I'm the same way I like getting practical gifts, like tools, work boots, gloves.  I have a hard time spending money on jewelry and I am done trying to buy her any kind of clothing.

x's 2, waste of money, the guys who buy their wives jewelry are usually the ones deprived of a sex life :lol:

I've bought her jewelry off and on over the years and she knocked everything to jesus pieces, now it all lays in a heap who knows where in a drawer.  Two years ago I figured well, i'll buy her some nice clothes that she looks good in and I enjoy looking at.  Tight shirts, tight sweaters, etc.   Yup, all got taken back and exchanged just as I expected.  "it's just not my style".:lol:

Yeah I give up now.

Edited by hayward

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Good for you guys.  Family first!  :thumb:

My wife and I usually just buy what we want then wrap it for something to give ourselves.  She's "giving me" some new tools.  Not sure what I'm "giving her".  I'm sure I'll find it stupid and expensive though.  

It's pretty much been all about our daughter since she was born.  Just about done with her list. Spoiled brat!  Gotta pick up some extra goodies for our pups this week and a prime rib roast for us and that should do it!  Damn cats have pretty much made our tree look like haggard ass so can't wait to get rid of that shrub after Christmas.

We use to do our gift giving like that too ,but this year is different lol. For some reason our cat could care less about the tree.  He probably knows it's fake. :lol:

18 hours ago, bussman said:

Only thing left I need to grab is some crying towels for Slinger and his flunkies. 

I did buy silly putty and play dough and safety pins for 4 people I know made a nice little gift basket out of it .

44 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

x's 2, waste of money, the guys who buy their wives jewelry are usually the ones deprived of a sex life :lol:

my wife buys enough of that shit her self I would have no idea what to by and it would make me sick spending the money I know she spends on that shit. she loves coins so I do buy her gold and silver coins for gifts from time to time when the market is good fore it then give them to her when the holiday arrives. I have no prob spending cash on coins and bars

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

Jewellery.... always the right colour, except for rings always the right size, ..always appreciated by the wife / girlfriend.. and if times get tough you can always sell it and put a meal on the table.

Also, always goes over much much better than a hedge trimmer.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Jewellery.... always the right colour, except for rings always the right size, ..always appreciated by the wife / girlfriend.. and if times get tough you can always sell it and put a meal on the table.

Something you're not telling us?

Lol 

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

I assume u told her if she had better grooming practices gifts like that would not be needed

I used to buy the wife these miniature clocks and now she has a whole collection. I buy her a nice pair of earrings now and the occasional bottle of perfume. We buy things throughout the year so something simple for the thought is good enough

I used to buy the wife these miniature clocks and now she has a whole collection. I buy her a nice pair of earrings now and the occasional bottle of perfume. We buy things throughout the year so something simple for the thought is good enough