Check your account email address ×

Who has used snowmobile truck ramps?

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'm not talking about a sled deck, all kinds of room for error at that angle.

My trucks on 33" tires and has a headache rack, I'm not worried about launching onto the cab.  I haul my RZR in my truck 2-3 times a year loaded with 2x12 ramps.

If I do this it will be for all winter so if it's going to suck, I'll just spend a little more and buy a used trailer.

https://fb.watch/2by5OU7m9k/ 

6 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'm not talking about a sled deck, all kinds of room for error at that angle.

My trucks on 33" tires and has a headache rack, I'm not worried about launching onto the cab.  I haul my RZR in my truck 2-3 times a year loaded with 2x12 ramps.

If I do this it will be for all winter so if it's going to suck, I'll just spend a little more and buy a used trailer.

Just be sure to strap them to yor truck securely so the don't slip out when you climb them. Bad things happen then.

• Like 3

I have the Rev arc and it's ok but with the 2" studs I have on my assault they grab the aluminum cross bars and gets stuck. I almost got fucked up loading up 2 years ago with it. Any ramp to use I need to make the center section a solid surface due to the studs. 

8 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

The last 2 times I dead lifted a sled I used my cherry picker in the garage, but that is only good in the garage.   I do have a 9000 lb winch mounted in the bed of my truck which was the best mod I've ever done, super back saver and I used it to pull my dock out of the lake this year worked fucking tits!

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about my tits, I'm talking about the two kids who showed up to buy the 2000 SXr I was selling.  I"m like, "jesus, lift you guys"  :lol: 

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have Ramps and have no real issues . Pretty steep climb up into the f2fiddy but still easy. I got the cheap version with no stud protectors and have punched a couple holes. Fuckin things got loose in the truck on a ride home last year and scratched up a side panel on the Indy. Cunts. 

Edited by Shifty

• 4 weeks later...

Big  Update!

I ordered the Caliber sled ramp on Dec 7 with shipping & tax it was just over $400.  It processed through the St. Paul, MN Fed Ex hub on Dec. 10th. 

That was it.  It never made it to me.

On Dec 18 I contacted the seller Chad at Mad Dog Products and he opened a claim with Fed Ex that day.  Fed Ex claimed they needed 3 days to find my ramp.  Today they said that the ramp was lost in transit.  Mad Dog Products shipped out a new ramp to me via Speedy Delivery.

Gotta say how happy I am with the seller here going all out for a customer!  That shit just doesn't happen any more....  like Fed Ex.  They lost a 8 foot long ramp that weighs 60 lbs.  WTF.

Edited by Fireball 440

17 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Big  Update!

I ordered the Caliber sled ramp on Dec 7 with shipping & tax it was just over $400.  It processed through the St. Paul, MN Fed Ex hub on Dec. 10th. 

On Dec 18 I contacted the seller Chad at Mad Dog Products and he opened a claim with Fed Ex that day.  Fed Ex claimed they needed 3 days to find my ramp.  Today they said that the ramp was lost in transit.  Mad Dog Products shipped out a new ramp to me via Speedy Delivery.

Gotta say how happy I am with the seller here going all out for a customer!  That shit just doesn't happen any more....  like Fed Ex.  They lost a 8 foot long ramp that weighs 60 lbs.  WTF.

Both Chad at mad dog and ernie at caliber are both syand up guys who give back to the sport every time they are called upon to do so 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Both Chad at mad dog and ernie at caliber are both syand up guys who give back to the sport every time they are called upon to do so 

First time it shipped from Indiana, this second time it's coming from Chanhassen, MN.   :dunno:

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

First time it shipped from Indiana, this second time it's coming from Chanhassen, MN.   :dunno:

Indiana? Wtf ? Mad dog is in Chan and caliber is in Burnsville.  And you are on the north shore if I am not mistaken lol .

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Big  Update!

Years ago 1983? FedEx lost a crate that I shipped to Montana overnight, 3 weeks later I drove the replacement order out and delivered it.

fedex found the lost crate and delivered it 9 weeks late and still tried to get me to pay overnight fees of 1200$ 

The judge made them pay for the product and my time and expenses to deliver the second shipment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Indiana? Wtf ? Mad dog is in Chan and caliber is in Burnsville.  And you are on the north shore if I am not mistaken lol .

I know that's why it's so fucked up and it got lost in St. Paul.  Idk maybe the shipping label was screwy or something but either way my info was correct.

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

I know that's why it's so fucked up and it got lost in St. Paul.  Idk maybe the shipping label was screwy or something but either way my info was correct.

It got lost in to the bed of a fed ex drivers pickup on his lunch break  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

The fact that they tried to get me to pay the shipping was what put us right into court, the worst part was the customer ordered a duplicate 3 months later, I should have kept the crate that they found. 

• Gold Member

Seems like these ramps would be a pain in the ass after awhile lifting in and out of the truck, strapping them down to the bed so they don’t slip out etc etc. Plus $400 I’d just get a cheap open trailer. I paid $500 bucks for my 10ft yacht club single open trailer. Pull the pin, Tilt it down, load up, throw the pin back in and your off. I’m lazy though I don’t wanna be lifting some ramp lol.

3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Seems like these ramps would be a pain in the ass after awhile lifting in and out of the truck, strapping them down to the bed so they don’t slip out etc etc. Plus $400 I’d just get a cheap open trailer. I paid $500 bucks for my 10ft yacht club single open trailer. Pull the pin, Tilt it down, load up, throw the pin back in and your off. I’m lazy though I don’t wanna be lifting some ramp lol.

I don't have room at my house for a trailer this year too many vehicles. I hear ya though it's gonna suck :lol2:

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I think they try to give the sale to one of their dealers and the dealer ships it. I've ordered from a couple of manufacturers websites and got the item from a dealer.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nop i use my ramp way way more than the trailer . Trailing is a fucking pita imho .

Load sled in 1 strap to hold it in and hold ramp at same time slid in next to sled .

No fucking around at drive thrugh no crawling around sleds in a trailer to get gas . Extra weight in bed never hurts and you can make real time with out a trailer .if just dropping in the woods no real parking issues on side of road . Not to mention no worry if the road you are on that you think is going to where you want to go is a dead end . 

Ramp with sled in bed #1

Sled on sled deck #2

Sled in trailer distant 3rd 

Open trailer only a option in a emergency situation 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Nop i use my ramp way way more than the trailer . Trailing is a fucking pita imho .

Load sled in 1 strap to hold it in and hold ramp at same time slid in next to sled .

No fucking around at drive thrugh no crawling around sleds in a trailer to get gas . Extra weight in bed never hurts and you can make real time with out a trailer .if just dropping in the woods no real parking issues on side of road . Not to mention no worry if the road you are on that you think is going to where you want to go is a dead end . The ramps don't weigh shit 40 or 50 lbs max . 

Ramp with sled in bed #1

Sled on sled deck #2

Sled in trailer distant 3rd 

Open trailer only a option in a emergency situation