Check your account email address ×

Why the AR-15 is the mass shooter's go-to weapon

Anyways I posted those vids because this guy must really be a wimp.

NY Daily News Reporter .@GershKuntzman Lies About The AR-15

It feels like a bazooka — and sounds like a cannon.
I’ve shot pistols before, but never something like an AR-15. Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened. In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/06/14/ny-daily-news-reporter-.gershkuntzman-lies-ar-15/

Edited by Capt.Storm

10 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I’ve shot pistols before, but never something like an AR-15. Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened. In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/06/14/ny-daily-news-reporter-.gershkuntzman-lies-ar-15/

jeezus.... :nuts:  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 hours ago, sledder10 said:

Assault rifle might be the most misunderstood term in the history of mankind.  http://www.gunsandammo.com/gun-culture/9-misused-gun-terms/

Assault Rifles vs. Assault Weapons vs. Semi-Automatic Rifles
The term “assault rifle” is perhaps the most commonly misused gun term, and certainly it’s one of the most damaging to the public’s perception of firearms. Most often, the media, anti-gun groups and all-too-many gun owners incorrectly use it to describe an AR-15 rifle.

As noted by David Kopel in an article in the “Journal of Contemporary Law,” the U.S. Department of Defense defines assault rifles as “selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between sub-machine gun and rifle cartridges.” The AR-15 and other civilian carbines errantly called assault rifles do no such thing. They are semi-automatic, non-battlefield firearms.

To add further clarity, “AR” also does not stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle” — as is occasionally implied — but rather ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950’s.

However, anti-gun groups have been hugely successful applying the false label to convince Americans that AR-15’s and other semi-auto rifle platforms are a fully automatic, public threat. Much of the mainstream media now uses the “assault rifle” label broadly and without question.

To further capitalize, anti-gun groups completely invented the term “assault weapons” to broadly cover everything from home-defense shotguns to standard-capacity handguns — anything they wish to ban.

Read more: http://www.gunsandammo.com/gun-culture/9-misused-gun-terms/#ixzz4BZ4lshHz

I know the difference I'm posting what the media and statistics call them.   

43 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I know the difference I'm posting what the media and statistics call them.   

Understood, I just irritates me how the media and gun control freaks either willingly or ignorantly confuse this fact. 

I actually think most the lib leadership know the difference.  But like always, push the agenda that make it easiest to herd the sheep.  And those big scary "war guns" get it done for them.  They just sound like ignorant talking heads to those of us with a brain though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

The side spring really helps. I guess buffer spring better describes it.

That's the proper terminology 

2 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Exactly what I thought.  Lot of tit jiggling tho 

Yep :lol:

Seen on the news tonight Trump was going to address the NRA about possible laws to keep guns out of criminals hands and the NRA won't touch it. Be interesting to see where he goes from here 

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/can-donald-trump-move-the-nra-on-guns/487163/

Edited by Ebsell

On 6/14/2016 at 10:28 PM, Capt.Storm said:

"The recoil bruised my shoulder." :lmao:

Did shitrider write this article?

Edited by Highmark

They were banned by Clinton in 1994 and that ban expired in 2004. You can bet Hillary or Trump will ban them again in time. Whatever one of them wins they will try to ban them again. 

11 hours ago, Ebsell said:

They were banned by Clinton in 1994 and that ban expired in 2004. You can bet Hillary or Trump will ban them again in time. Whatever one of them wins they will try to ban them again. 

Trump would have to realize if he does anything big on control he would have no chance at a second term.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Trump would have to realize if he does anything big on control he would have no chance at a second term.  

Second? He will have to get a first and unless Hillary gets caught up in legal trouble before then he will never be elected. You guys are so fucked it's not even funny anymore