Check your account email address ×

Why the AR-15 is the mass shooter's go-to weapon

18 minutes ago, Elkhorn said:

Nobody said any of that, did you miss the sarcasm? It's still a .22 caliber bullet.

sure it has a little more power, and shooting fish in a barrel doesn't take much range

nothing ever changes here

Totally different round 

Ah no, it has a lot more power than a .22.      Shooting  a person with a .22 wouldn't cause anywhere near the same amount of trauma as a .223/5.56 round would   No matter how close you were 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

• Gold Member

Clintons words...  "Anybody under fbi investigation shouldnt be able to buy a gun."

So let me get this straight....  That its not ok to buy a gun while under investigation but its ok to run for president while under investigation!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

I think what some of you guys are forgetting when comparing cars to guns is the gun is intended to maime, wound, kill. The car is not and although both can purely be used as a weapon, the obvious choice of mass murders is the gun. 

I totally get the argument that people kill people ,guns don't . But are these weapons a tad bit too easy to aquire ? Not a great combo when dildo baggins goes off his meds and heads to the quicky mart for a ho ho,ding dong and an AR . 

And I know,where there's a will ,there's a way ,and even if some guns were harder to get or all together unavailable, he will just move onto another method . Point is ,this shit shouldn't be so easy to obtain 

Actually.  They really aren't as easy to get as some may want most to believe.  But after a criminal background check and waiting period, what more can be done if there is no suspicious reason to deny.  Although, clearly there was a reason here.  If the the Fucking FBI had to question you about terrorists ties, well.....WTF?

10 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Totally different round 

Ah no, it has a lot more power than a .22.      Shooting  a person with a .22 wouldn't cause anywhere near the same amount of trauma as a .223/5.56 round would   No matter how close you were 

TOTALLY!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Totally different round 

Jesus Christ dude, let it go , I never said they were the same or interchangeable , again, sarcasm, 

but it's still a .22 cal round period

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Reading what you're typing is about .22s compared to an AR is as bad as someone getting advice from the murse on eating pussy. 

Bet he has seen more than you or me, but catheterization doesn't count :lol: 

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/05/03/guest-post-22-lr-vs-223-rem/

So what exactly is the difference between the .22LR and .223 cartridges? Both can be fired out of rifles, and both can be fired out of pistols. Both have been used historically by civilian and military shooters. Both can be used for hunting (.22LR for animals such as rats, squirrels, rabbits, ground hogs; .223 for larger animals including coyotes, and in some states deer). Both are extremely popular rounds — .22LR is by far the most popular rimfire cartridge, and .223 is near the top (if not at the top) of the list of most popular centerfire cartridges.

58 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The AR 15 is a high rate of fire weapon (100 rounds a minute is reasonable) that is not only easy to use it's easy to obtain, there is a reason mass shooters don't use an M1 with an 8 round clip even though it can cycle through 40 rounds a minute in capable hands.

I get the whole guns don't kill people, people kill people line, but at the end of the day as long as we continue to allow military grade weapons with a high rate of fire to had by every swinging dick that wants one we our going to see more and more of these types of mass killings.

Well, the AR is the one at the center but let's just stick with the "military styled assault rifle" as the term.  And I'm gonna agree with you but it's just a very fine line.  And I know that. You think I like seeing all these retards running around like a buncha fatty commando wanna be's?  Nope.  Fact is, I'm gonna kill them first should the shit hit the fan so I can get their ammo that they've been bragging up for years whilst shooting their mouths off.  Just shut the fuck up already and quit drawing so much damned attention!  The truth is, sometimes I think the only ones allowed to own any military styled gun are the ones that actually served.  But again, fine line.  And going back to a post I made this morning, the 2nd amendment is to allow citizens a defense against the government, so...what better weapon?

I don't know, it's a mess for sure.  But let's not put all the blame on the NRA whack jobs (and they are whack jobs to me) and the right-wing nut cases.  Fact is, the lefty libs sure have a problem with discrimination of any type and they are preventing laws from being formed also.  In their minds, every one gets equal rights....regardless of sex, religion, race, or culture, or anything else for that matter.  And that just simply shouldn't be the case.  And "psychological issues/treatment/consideration" is a cop-out term on the Democrat side with no way to really evaluate who is fit for owning a fire arm even if that type of screening could be funded.  Just stupidness everywhere I look it seems.

Now on a side note, this guy picked the wrong weapons for that job anyway. And if he'd have picked the right ones, nobody would be mentioning the "guns" near as much. Close range, high impact...his choice should have been a couple of nice semi-auto shotguns with appropriate ammo.  A lot more catastrophic at short range and a lot less misses.  His rounds weren't traveling into more than one body very often and if they were, it was no longer that lethal after the initial impact.  A 12 ga. shotgun with #4 buck is gonna send two dozen metal balls down range larger than the 5.56 he was using.and scatter nicely and cause massive bleeding.  I can get nine in mine with a "ghost round" and send them out like a god damn street sweeper.  And if one really wanted to, you can get super fancy with rounds and even throw a damn drum on it and let fly.  Now, my point to this lunacy is, it is not 100% about the gun used..and if we are gonna blame anybody for the popularity of the assault styled guns, blame hollywood liberals

Man, I'd like to go back and proof this but I don't care where i ran off the tracks......I'm tired. :lmao:

18 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Bet he has seen more than you or me, but catheterization doesn't count :lol: 

Changing bed pans and catheters doesn't qualify :lol:

14 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

So what exactly is the difference between the .22LR and .223 cartridges? Both can be fired out of rifles, and both can be fired out of pistols. Both have been used historically by civilian and military shooters. Both can be used for hunting (.22LR for animals such as rats, squirrels, rabbits, ground hogs; .223 for larger animals including coyotes, and in some states deer). Both are extremely popular rounds — .22LR is by far the most popular rimfire cartridge, and .223 is near the top (if not at the top) of the list of most popular centerfire cartridges.

Just look at the case and compare them 

1 hour ago, Elkhorn said:

Nobody said any of that, did you miss the sarcasm? It's still a .22 caliber bullet.

sure it has a little more power, and shooting fish in a barrel doesn't take much range

nothing ever changes here

Are you sure about that?

22_penny_223-tfb.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Are you sure about that?

22_penny_223-tfb.jpg

4 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I'd say there's a smidgen more powder in that CF cartridge.... Lol

Just a little more power :lol:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

39 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Well, I'll try and keep this simple and "civilianized".  A .223 rem loaded with about 60 gr is gonna send out a 4 gram at around 3100 fps.  A .22LR rimmer is usually around 30 gr tops and will send a 2 gram head out at about 1600 FPS.  What's the real kicker is the cavitational damage once the projectile hits and penetrates target.  That 4-5 gram head of the .223 is devastating.  The .22LR loses almost all it's momentum during flesh breakage.  Now this is just the ammo you get from the local shit boxes.  Military grade 5.56 is the real deal that nobody continues on their desired path once they get "kissed"..

Point is, nobody in their right mind is gonna go into battle (or mass shooting) with a .22 unless they are mentally challenged.

Edited by Zambroski

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I'll try and keep this simple and "civilianized".  A .223 rem loaded with about 160 gr is gonna send out a 4 gram at around 3100 fps.  A .22LR rimmer is usually around 30 gr tops and will send a 2 gram head out at about 1600 FPS.  What's the real kicker is the cavitational damage once the projectile hits and penetrates target.  That 4-5 gram head of the .223 is devastating.  The .22LR loses almost all it's momentum during flesh breakage.  Now this is just the ammo you get from the local shit boxes.  Military grade 5.56 is the real deal that nobody continues on their desired path once they get "kissed"..

Point is, nobody in their right mind is gonna go into battle (or mass shooting) with a .22 unless they are mentally challenged.

10-4 but really a .22 can enter a head at close enough range and bang around in said head to be sure your dead!

I'll take the sawed off shotgun.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I'll try and keep this simple and "civilianized".  A .223 rem loaded with about 160 gr is gonna send out a 4 gram at around 3100 fps.  A .22LR rimmer is usually around 30 gr tops and will send a 2 gram head out at about 1600 FPS.  What's the real kicker is the cavitational damage once the projectile hits and penetrates target.  That 4-5 gram head of the .223 is devastating.  The .22LR loses almost all it's momentum during flesh breakage.  Now this is just the ammo you get from the local shit boxes.  Military grade 5.56 is the real deal that nobody continues on their desired path once they get "kissed"..

A 160 grain bullet in a .223??

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

10-4 but really a .22 can enter a head at close enough range and bang around in said head to be sure your dead!

I'll take the sawed off shotgun.

Agreed.  And the .22 is slow enough to only penetrate one side of the cranium but fast enough to bounce around in there making things "soupy".  It is also a relatively quiet round that can be silenced amazingly easy.  Not to mention can be carried and fired in a very small weapon.  That is why is has and is the professional round of choice for a lot of planned assassinations.   You know, the ones we do not hear about.