Check your account email address ×

BOOM in gun sales

ckf

Sturm Ruger sales jump 19%

Gun sales in America are still soaring, pushing Sturm Ruger's sales and profits sharply higher this quarter.

The company said its sales were driven by several new products, including the American Pistol, the LC9s pistol, the Precision Rifle and the AR-556s modern sporting rifle.

Ruger's sales for the second quarter jumped 19%, to $168 million, while earnings-per-share climbed 34%.

The company also announced that its CEO Michael Fifer, who's headed the company for a decade, will retire on May 9, 2017. Replacing him is Christopher Killoy, who currently serves as Ruger's COO.

The country's other major gun maker, Smith & Wesson (SWHC), has also seen unprecedented sales volumes. Its stock hit a new all-time high yesterday.

The FBI reported last month was the busiest July on record for background checks, putting 2016 on pace to set an annual record.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Capt.Storm said:

Towards the cheap side..hell prolly will never get used but hey you never know..but I will need that fawker to work if needed!

870's are cheap and decent with plenty of avaliable parts /upgrades

4 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Well we do have that here..what shells should I get then?

Mine always had 00 and slug alternating. Extended tube 18" barrel and blacked out for that scarry look. It was a Wingmaster version of the 870 and was flawless for me. Previous owner used it for door breach. 

Just now, Skidooski said:

Mine always had 00 and slug alternating. Extended tube 18" barrel and blacked out for that scarry look. It was a Wingmaster version of the 870 and was flawless for me. Previous owner used it for door breach. 

Ok..I thought a scatter gun had a shorter barrel or something.

10 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Towards the cheap side..hell prolly will never get used but hey you never know..but I will need that fawker to work if needed!

Any decent name pump action will do.  Hard to go wrong with any of them.  I'd stick with 12 ga.  I also like tactical autos.  But those can get pricey quick.

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

Ok..I thought a scatter gun had a shorter barrel or something.

Depends on if you want to stay legal or not I guess. Make yourself a zip gun :lol: 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Any decent name pump action will do.  Hard to go wrong with any of them.  I'd stick with 12 ga.  I also like tactical autos.  But those can get pricey quick.

Remember on HCS you and Tom talked me into getting that Rem 870 for Jaydin...it's a 12.:bc:

Every time there is a mass shooting gun sales skyrocket because people get paranoid that the government is going to ban guns and people buy into the hype. Even the NRA kicks it into overdrive because they know it will spike gun sales. A lot of money to be made and fear makes money. 

5 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

Remember on HCS you and Tom talked me into getting that Rem 870 for Jaydin...it's a 12.:bc:

Yep.

So I need to get a 18" barrel?

I'm assuming the one that came with it is longer?

18" is legal rifle/shotgun length.

28 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Every time there is a mass shooting gun sales skyrocket because people get paranoid that the government is going to ban guns and people buy into the hype. Even the NRA kicks it into overdrive because they know it will spike gun sales. A lot of money to be made and fear makes money. 

Elections do it too.  Gun makers are gonna have a hard time keepin up from now until the libs ban guns.  

• Gold Member

I need a scatter gun..what to buy?

Smith and wesson governor.  410 000 buck federal handgun loads.  Got six of them shells to use before its all over.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Smith and wesson governor.  410 000 buck federal handgun loads.  Got six of them shells to use before its all over.

My uncle bought one of those.  FUCKIN CRAZY COOL!  But a messy "self defender".  Best to walk them out back over the grass first.   :lol:

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

My uncle bought one of those.  FUCKIN CRAZY COOL!  But a messy "self defender".  Best to walk them out back over the grass first.   :lol:

insurance will come do any repairs or cleanup at my house.  Make a wheel of of fun and randomly put 45 lc round or 2 mixed with some 410 of various loads to make shooting interesting.  They have some midevil rounds for that little bugger...  A Flying disks intermixed with birdshot....  One look at the paper after one round at the range has bystanders looking puzzled at what just happened after one shell fired.

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Going to be pretty scary if the bad guys move to the likes of a ruger precision and a very small amount of range time practicing instead of using plinking guns such as AR's.

They are fucking stupid so no worries. Its amazing yes with a small amount of knowledge you can do damage but do you want to be that kind of person... Obvious answer is no. if you cross that line well........

Edited by Wildcat

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

These are dope but i think id rather grab my rem 1100. Easy to shoot 12g loads and more capacity 11 rds with mag tube. Short range i use a sub compact 9. AR is a also a good option outside the house on the property.

Kinda thinking about a Smith and wesson R8 or a 454 Casull. Really want one of those next.

Edited by Wildcat

• Gold Member
51 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

These are dope but i think id rather grab my rem 1100. Easy to shoot 12g loads and more capacity 11 rds with mag tube. Short range i use a sub compact 9. AR is a also a good option outside the house on the property.

Kinda thinking about a Smith and wesson R8 or a 454 Casull. Really want one of those next.

My go to in the bedroom is the governor....  Not sure how i would react under stress and only 1 projectile flying out with each trigger pull.   The 410 000 buck load would improve my chances.  Beyond the bedroom if trump becomes president and violence from some violent liberals becomes a threat my benelli m4 will be within arms reach around home. The wife likes the AR but i dont think she could use it so its slways locked away.  Really the german shepard that roams around the house i think would handle a bunch of business while i got my shit together to respond to it.

ive been really think about going through the process of getting the appropriate paper work and pay the fees to just get a SBS.  Even at 18 inches i find my m4 bulky

Edited by BOHICA