Check your account email address ×

Is the hypersled dead forever?

f7ben

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

No, sorry, I don't.

Easy to make power, say up to 280-290.

But 400hp is big $$$.

Some people don't think before they open their traps.

I was being sarcastic .....it would be better than 10gs to get a wiff of 400. Frosty is a moron and clueless on all things sleds 

• Haha 1

Wonder how hard it would be to stuff a cat turbo in a newer Polaris XC sled or if it would even fit. That would be quite a combo if you could pull it off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Wonder how hard it would be to stuff a cat turbo in a newer Polaris XC sled or if it would even fit. That would be quite a combo if you could pull it off.

It would be major work .....the Suzuki would be easier but still too tall

Most of the young guns and weekend warriors around here are buying big mountain sleds and crossovers even if they don’t actually do much or any off trail riding. :lol: I think those are the kinds of people that used to buy big HP hyper sleds.

Personally, 200hp is overkill for anything I ride. And it’s sitting in a 9 year old sub par Cat chassis with poor build quality. No thanks.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Most of the young guns and weekend warriors around here are buying big mountain sleds and crossovers even if they don’t actually do much or any off trail riding. :lol: I think those are the kinds of people that used to buy big HP hyper sleds.

Personally, 200hp is overkill for anything I ride. And it’s sitting in a 9 year old sub par Cat chassis with poor build quality. No thanks.

The people that bought the sleds like Thundercats and XCR800's and the like are either dead, not capable of riding any more, can't afford (or justify) it, have lost interest, or have moved on to 600 or 800cc trail and crossover sleds.

The italicized two are the ones I think are the biggest factors.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Thats the new school.  Snowmobile in a form that requires skill and athleticism.  Drag racing is old school beer bellies.  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I can't believe Polaris doesn't have a turbo 4 stroke in the works. May not be a hyper sled but maybe sub hyper like the Doo turbo.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

The people that bought the sleds like Thundercats and XCR800's and the like are either dead, not capable of riding any more, can't afford (or justify) it, have lost interest, or have moved on to 600 or 800cc trail and crossover sleds.

The italicized two are the ones I think are the biggest factors.  

It is hard to justify the cost of a sled anymore with the lack of winters we get here anymore. There seems to be a whole different mindset now with the  younger riders coming up now, if they can't have the latest sleds they don't want to ride, if the trails aren't perfectly groomed they don't want to ride, most have never ridden a triple and think the center cylinder is always a problem.  Out of the 25 or 30 guys that I rode with 5 of us still ride all + or_ 60 years old now, the biggest factor is no snow, followed by the cost of not only the sled but the travel and the crowded conditions when you get where there is snow. Much better when you can put a few thousand miles on your sled right from home.

What the hell is wrong with 120-150 ponies?  1/2 you fucks can't, don't or won't use 200+ for much more than grades or lakes..... which both are boring.   If you need 200+ for trail riding ur cornering skills suck and you need that power to play catchup.  :bigfinger:

:coffee:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jammin said:

What the hell is wrong with 120-150 ponies?  1/2 you fucks can't, don't or won't use 200+ for much more than grades or lakes..... which both are boring.   If you need 200+ for trail riding ur cornering skills suck and you need that power to play catchup.  :bigfinger:

:coffee:

Yeah, fuck that half.

• Haha 1

Just now, Anler said:

I heard from an insider that cat is bailing on the 800. They have had what 3 variations of it in 5 years and it has been a flop. 

Hasn’t blown up so it’s better than any doo 800 twin I’ve owned 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I'm good to go from home and at my age (67) the couch is fine lol

20200224_093436.jpg

You want to travel long distances on groomed trails in comfort, thats your solution.  Great motor/chassis combo for sure.  I may get back on a turbo again at some point.

37 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

My Trail stock 800 etec finished second in the 1000 Trail stock class  :news:

32 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You think my trail sled is my fast sled?  :lol: