Check your account email address ×

Is the hypersled dead forever?

f7ben

With Arctic cat exiting snowmobiles and Polaris/skidoo seemingly uninterested in making anything faster than 800 class....is the hypersled a thing of the past?

I think it’s likely and it bums me out 

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

With Arctic cat exiting snowmobiles and Polaris/skidoo seemingly uninterested in making anything faster than 800 class....is the hypersled a thing of the past?

Why? You can just continue to ride heavy old sleds for cheap. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Why? You can just continue to ride heavy old sleds for cheap. 

I'm already going into my 4th  season with my Winder and I have zero inclination of getting rid of it.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I'm already going into my 4th  season with my Winder and I have zero inclination of getting rid of it.

I still have my assault and have no intention of getting rid of it either. I'll probably have these sleds for a long time. 

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

I still have my assault and have no intention of getting rid of it either. I'll probably have these sleds for a long time. 

I’ve been sliding the main sled into backup role when I get a new one for a while now. If you take care of your stuff they’re good for a while. It works for me, the kids/wife have a sled to ride occasionally and I have a backup.

43 minutes ago, ACE said:

Cats releasing a 900-950 right away. That’ll be the hot ticket 

It won’t be anything if it’s in a 12 year old chassis that should have been replaced after 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Cats releasing a 900-950 right away. That’ll be the hot ticket 

That is the rumor and sounds good but I was not buy a first year anything. This poo aye fiddy is on its 3rd year and the chassis is refined axys. Way ahead of the competition

45 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ve been sliding the main sled into backup role when I get a new one for a while now. If you take care of your stuff they’re good for a while. It works for me, the kids/wife have a sled to ride occasionally and I have a backup.

My kid is riding with me now so we are building our fleet! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Anler said:

That is the rumor and sounds good but I was not buy a first year anything. This poo aye fiddy is on its 3rd year and the chassis is refined axys. Way ahead of the competition

Not worried about first year cat moteurs tbh. Ski doo and Polaris I wouldn’t risk 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

What is the update on the 23 Eliminator?

Where are the motors?

Are they at Monty's?

Where the fuck is the boat and the engines!!!!!!!  

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

What is the update on the 23 Eliminator?

Where are the motors?

Are they at Monty's?

Where the fuck is the boat and the engines!!!!!!!  

Where’s my 25gs 

4 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Is that official....cat leaving sleds?!

About as official as all the other bullshit he has spewed in the last couple of years. LOL 200 HP with full factory warranty is plenty enough for most. If you want to spend a couple more grand, you can come close to doubling that. To 99 % of the folks out there, that would be considered a hyper sled.

16 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

About as official as all the other bullshit he has spewed in the last couple of years. LOL 200 HP with full factory warranty is plenty enough for most. If you want to spend a couple more grand, you can come close to doubling that. To 99 % of the folks out there, that would be considered a hyper sled.

No factory sled makes 200 and to double that would cost you 10gs or better. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Double the hp for a couple grand?

No.

Wicked fast monster? 

Yes