Check your account email address ×

Complete media blackout: Wauwatosa WI Riots

Matt

For a few nights in a row now there has been "peaceful protesting" in one of Milwaukee's most white collar, peaceful suburbs.  I lived in Wauwatosa for 15 years prior to moving out here.  Houses on my uncles street have had windows shattered by bricks, rocks.  Storefronts of businesses I have been to and know the owners have been destroyed.  The National Guard was deployed...  My uncle grabbed his grandkids (live two blocks apart) and took them up to the lake to ride this out.  His daughter and son in law joined them today.  They're not sure if there's been any vandalism to their homes.

The media knows that scaring suburban America will drive folks towards Trump in droves so this is getting the full blackout.  What little reporting there is on it is about police being mean and arresting people for being out past curfew or vandalism...  You'd think this would be front page news in Appleton, Green Bay, Madison...  Nada...  This is like CCP level media control.

You think you're safe from BLM and Antifa in your suburb?

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

For a few nights in a row now there has been "peaceful protesting" in one of Milwaukee's most white collar, peaceful suburbs.  I lived in Wauwatosa for 15 years prior to moving out here.  Houses on my uncles street have had windows shattered by bricks, rocks.  Storefronts of businesses I have been to and know the owners have been destroyed.  The National Guard was deployed...  My uncle grabbed his grandkids (live two blocks apart) and took them up to the lake to ride this out.  His daughter and son in law joined them today.  They're not sure if there's been any vandalism to their homes.

The media knows that scaring suburban America will drive folks towards Trump in droves so this is getting the full blackout.  What little reporting there is on it is about police being mean and arresting people for being out past curfew or vandalism...  You'd think this would be front page news in Appleton, Green Bay, Madison...  Nada...  This is like CCP level media control.

It should piss us all right fucking off.  Too many still don't get whats happening.

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

BLM said months ago.............that they were coming to the suburbs. 

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

BLM said months ago.............that they were coming to the suburbs. 

I wouldn't really call Wauwatosa a suburb, pretty much a Milwaukee extension, unlike say Grafton, Muskego, or Cedarburg.

It was on the local news channels, but not bigly like the Kenosha riots were. 

I think Tosa people were alot better prepared. Right after they announced the shit, everyone boarded up their windows and shit. Of course they didn't announce that no charges would be filed until they had the National Guard already in Tosa. I dont think they burned any shit down. 

BTW the mother and sisters of the "victim" were also arrested during this shit. 

Nothing on news this morning, so they must have given up. 

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Smart voters know Trump is the cause of the protests and rioting. More media coverage will lead to less Trump votes.

You are a fucking moron .

Trump is the cause of the riots .

It is not the the blacks feeling they are systematic targeted by the cops and court system . No not that at all because if that were the case we would have to look back to the point when we started to turn cops in to military style cunts after a major pile of shit bill Co authored by Joe your new God was put in to effect .

Just take off your fucking media driven blinders.  Do you say this shit in public ? Oh sorry I forgot you are still hiding in the basement from covid 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Smart voters know Trump is the cause of the protests and rioting. More media coverage will lead to less Trump votes.

People not learning to act like adults is the cause of it.  

Seriously, if you cannot remain friends or at least personable with someone who may at a differing political or moral view then yourself, you shouldn't classify yourself as an adult, regardless of age.  

2 of my best friends are liberal.  The 1 has me like 98% convinced to buy a Chevy Volt at my next car, to an extent.  We can engage in our differences and share a beer at a soccer game an hour later, and still remain friends.  PS, I fucking at soccer, but will go to hang out with him and have a beer together.  He comes and watches me race from time to time, so we figure all is fair

That is called being an adult.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Work on your bait dude :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

People not learning to act like adults is the cause of it.  

Seriously, if you cannot remain friends or at least personable with someone who may at a differing political or moral view then yourself, you shouldn't classify yourself as an adult, regardless of age.  

2 of my best friends are liberal.  The 1 has me like 98% convinced to buy a Chevy Volt at my next car, to an extent.  We can engage in our differences and share a beer at a soccer game an hour later, and still remain friends.  PS, I fucking at soccer, but will go to hang out with him and have a beer together.  He comes and watches me race from time to time, so we figure all is fair

That is called being an adult.

Most people can only handle being an adult with 10-20 people before the dumb fuckery just gets to be too much.

They are calling for the chief to be fired. 

BTW, here is a picture of the officer

image.thumb.png.149298462d16caa9091d7608c6cacaa2.png

Saturday's protest began at Milwaukee's Washington Park. Several dozen demonstrators marched west into Wauwatosa, and met up with several hundred other protestors at City Hall. The demonstrations have been nightly since Wednesday, when Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm cleared officer Joseph Mensah in the February death of Cole outside of Mayfair Mall.

Why don't they call for the DA John Chisholm to be fired......BTW, lets not forget, this was the DA that led the john doe investigations against Gov Walker and there were plenty of "no knock" warrants served for both john doe one and two.

Edited by racer254

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, racer254 said:

They are calling for the chief to be fired. 

BTW, here is a picture of the officer

image.thumb.png.149298462d16caa9091d7608c6cacaa2.png

Saturday's protest began at Milwaukee's Washington Park. Several dozen demonstrators marched west into Wauwatosa, and met up with several hundred other protestors at City Hall. The demonstrations have been nightly since Wednesday, when Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm cleared officer Joseph Mensah in the February death of Cole outside of Mayfair Mall.

Why don't they call for the DA John Chisholm to be fired......BTW, lets not forget, this was the DA that led the john doe investigations against Gov Walker and there were plenty of "no knock" warrants served for both john doe one and two.

is this place that much of a shithole, or is this motherfucker trigger happy ?

15 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Thats my thoughts

https://www.fox6now.com/news/da-no-charges-against-officer-mensah-in-shooting-of-alvin-cole

http://www.bcdemocrat.com/2020/10/08/us-police-shooting-wisconsin-mall-3/

WAUWATOSA, Wis. - There will be no criminal charges filed against Wauwatosa Police Officer Joseph Mensah in the shooting death of Alvin Cole, 17, outside Mayfair Mall in February, Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm announced Wednesday, Oct. 7, writing: "In this case, there is sufficient evidence that Officer Mensah had an actual subjective belief that deadly force was necessary, and that belief was objectively reasonable. I do not believe that the State could disprove self-defense or defense of others in this case, and therefore, could not meet the burden required to charge Officer Mensah."

"We have a very strong policy of not charging anybody if we don't believe we can prove it," Chisholm told FOX6 News.

In making his decision, Chisholm outlined the factors that must be present for police officers in Wisconsin to use deadly force: a weapon, a means of delivering lethal force and displayed intent by the armed individual. According to Chisholm, this case presented all three.

"Mr. Cole went to Mayfair Mall armed with a 9mm," said Chisholm. "He had a confrontation with a patron. While he was running from them, he discharged the firearm, and from that point on, he was ordered to surrender the firearm and never did so."

According to Chisholm, police were called to Mayfair Mall Feb. 2 because of an incident involving a person who had a gun. That person, later identified as Cole, was seen leaving the mall and ran from police when they tried to arrest him. While running, an investigation by the Milwaukee Area Investigative Team led by Milwaukee police revealed Cole fired the gun and went to the ground. He was told by police officers to "disarm” and was eventually shot by Mensah.

Surveillance video shows Cole entering the mall, along with others, shortly before 6 p.m. on Feb. 2, seen carrying a sling bag that was later found to have a 9mm semi-automatic handgun and a loaded 30-round extended magazine, according to Chisholm's report.

A picture of Cole holding the gun was posted to Facebook the night before the shooting, according to the report. Cole was not allowed to carry a weapon because of his age and prior juvenile felony convictions. The gun that was recovered after the shooting was reported stolen in October 2019 from Milwaukee.

A short time after entering the mall, Chisholm said Cole and a man were involved in an argument -- a portion of which was posted on Facebook.

The man told police, "He kept pulling it out of the fanny pack. He never pointed it at me, like, as if he was (going to) fire. He just kept flashing it, but I know guns, you know what I’m saying? I had seen the slide and it had the green sightings, and then when he flashed it again, I had seen the extended clip. I’m like, 'Whoa! Like, what are you doing with this?’”

The report goes on to say Cole fired a round from the gun while running, just before a security guard reached him. That guard said a shot came from Cole’s position and the medical examiner identified a wound to Cole’s left arm that was likely self-inflicted.

After Cole likely shot himself, he went to the ground kneeling with the gun in his right hand, pointing it at two police officers. According to Chisholm's report, both say he pointed the gun at them.

Before Mensah shot Cole, surveillance video shows a dark object appearing from Cole’s position. Mensah said Cole pointed the gun at him under or over his left shoulder before Mensah fired. Mensah can be heard yelling, "The gun is out," prior to firing.

The Wisconsin Crime Lab analyzed the sling bag, the extended magazine and firearm at the scene.

Wauwatosa Police Chief Barry Weber said in a statement the department "concurs with the decision" made by District Attorney Chisholm, calling Cole's death "a tragedy."

"The Wauwatosa Police Department sympathizes with his family as they and others continue to grieve the loss of their loved one," he said.

Weber noted a "purposeful review of the facts" was done in this case, and the decision to use deadly force was "justified and reasonable according to the legal foundation of the laws of our state."

He said an internal administrative review of the Cole shooting is ongoing, "to examine the performance of all WPD personnel" as it relates to department procedures. Weber said findings and any action will be presented to him.

In the meantime, Officer Mensah remains on administrative suspension pending ongoing Wauwatosa Police and Fire Commission proceedings -- the timeline unknown.

Weber also announced department policies and procedures posted to the department's website for the public to view and said body camera testing has concluded, the purchase of the equipment has been approved and the goal is implementation by January 2021.

Weber added that "civil disorder is not protected by the First Amendment" and said officers would continue to work to uphold the Constitution.

Mayor Dennis McBride issued a written statement and the below YouTube video, noting that "this issue has divided Tosa and the Greater Milwaukee community."

The mayor said some will agree with District Attorney Chisholm's decision, while others will not, and the "debate will not end with today's decision, but the wheels of government and law will continue to turn."

"In a democracy, any change must come through the functioning of people elected by the people to serve the people," said Mayor McBride.

The mayor added that he supports the Wauwatosa Police Department's equity efforts, and he is working with all departments "to refocus our work and craft policies through an equity lens."

Mayor McBride asked for calm in the wake of the decision.

"Violence is not the answer," he said, adding that, "We must do everything we can to keep our community peaceful."

The mayor said he issued an emergency declaration ahead of Wednesday's decision to "help ensure everyone's wellbeing."

He said police "will protect the lives and property of all businesses and people while protecting the constitutional rights of all people to engage in peaceful protest."