Check your account email address ×

Texas is fucked

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

If I was in Texas, I'd still go out for the BBQ and depending on where I was, the seafood too.

Last weekend we went to fatnatseggs. That was the first time I’d eaten in a restaurant since this thing began. It was really nice to see people enjoying themselves. It really was delicious. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Last weekend we went to fatnatseggs. That was the first time I’d eaten in a restaurant since this thing began. It was really nice to see people enjoying themselves. It really was delicious. 

I think we are hitting the road Friday sometime and I'm not sure if we'll be home until the 16th or later.  

But we'll be in the Dakotas, so there is like 3 cases there outside Fargo and Souix Falls.  

Edited by racinfarmer

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I think we are hitting the road Friday sometime and I'm not sure if we'll be home until the 12th or later.  

But we'll be in the Dakotas, so there is like 3 cases there outside Fargo and Souix Falls.  

Sounds like a good time. I’m getting a titanium hip on Monday. That’ll mean 4 weeks of recovery. I couldn’t have picked a better summer to fuck up. Gonna be weird without my companion called pain. 

Can't tell us what to do.

Herd ammunity like Sweden

Live free or die

Masks don't work

Fuck old people anyway

Y'all could start a fight in an empty room 

Edited by Tinker
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That's good eating :bc:

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sounds like a good time. I’m getting a titanium hip on Monday. That’ll mean 4 weeks of recovery. I couldn’t have picked a better summer to fuck up. Gonna be weird without my companion called pain. 

If you are even remotely active and in decent shape, you are far better off then average.

When I had my kidney out, they told be to be prepared for up to 1 week in the hospital.  I was out in 3 days and was pissed they didn't let me out the next day.  

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If you are even remotely active and in decent shape, you are far better off then average.

When I had my kidney out, they told be to be prepared for up to 1 week in the hospital.  I was out in 3 days and was pissed they didn't let me out the next day.  

I expect to be back to my routine in 2-3 weeks. It’s an anterior procedure. Everything is done through a 3 inch slice. They don’t cut through muscle any longer so recovery is quicker. I’m getting it done now while there’s a window in the Covid19 shutdowns. About two months ago I lost all but 5 degrees of internal and external rotation. Femur ball is rattling around because it’s egg shaped. Grinds like mother fucker. :lol: Every one of my joints except the left hip functions perfectly. I should be good to go. 

Edited by spin_dry

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I expect to be back to my routine in 2-3 weeks. It’s an anterior procedure. Everything is done through a 3 inch slice. They don’t cut through muscle any longer so recovery is quicker. I’m getting it done now while there’s a window in the Covid19 shutdowns. About two months ago I lost all but 5 degrees of internal and external rotation. Femur ball is rattling around because it’s egg shaped. Grinds like mother fucker. :lol: Every one of my joints except the left hip functions perfectly. I should be good to go. 

I'm sure I'll be in the same boat some day.  Served a dozen years on the XC rodeo, so I probably have more then 1 coming.  Everything seems good right now and the biking does seem to help a bunch, so who knows.  

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm sure I'll be in the same boat some day.  Served a dozen years on the XC rodeo, so I probably have more then 1 coming.  Everything seems good right now and the biking does seem to help a bunch, so who knows.  

Not sure how old you are, but in the not too distant future you’ll see stem cell procedures lead the way for joint restoration. Stem cell rather than artificial parts. Although the artificial wear surfaces are pretty good, 20-25 years with heavy use. The new stuff might be pushing 30+ years. Joint replacement is a cash cow for orthopedic surgeons. I can’t help but wonder if that’s part of the bottleneck with development of stem cell restoration approaches. 

• Gold Member

Not a lot of people dying in Texas from Covid...  they are sitting at 82 deaths per million which is pretty damn low death rate especially when compared to like NY which basically killed of a bunch of there elderly on purpose.

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I'm getting an MRI next week for a torn up shoulder.  Hip probably just a matter of time since I have what feels like a piriformis that won't calm down no matter how much I stretch it.

Unfortunately, it'll be a bit before I go in for any surgery though.  My wife's cancer is back and she needs surgery first.  I'll need to take care of her.  Round two with this shit...

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I thought you were in a shoot out 2 weeks ago at a sushi place ?? You and Brian Williams apparently..

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm getting an MRI next week for a torn up shoulder.  Hip probably just a matter of time since I have what feels like a piriformis that won't calm down no matter how much I stretch it.

Unfortunately, it'll be a bit before I go in for any surgery though.  My wife's cancer is back and she needs surgery first.  I'll need to take care of her.  Round two with this shit...

Sorry to hear about your wife’s cancer, hopefully everything turns out just fine for you and your wife. Just under 2 years ago I had a tumor removed.......cancer can go fuck itself. :bc:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry to hear about your wife, Matt. I hate cancer. I tried to blame the pain on everything except OS. I have received a lot of relief from a percussion massage gun. Working the piriformis every morning with the gun helped. As did stretching the hip capsule with a green elastic band. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Former girlfriend had hers done about 4 years ago, it needs to be done again soon, she researched dozens of Surgeons, chose 1 that had done scores of hip replacements but still needs it done again.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Former girlfriend had hers done about 4 years ago, it needs to be done again soon, she researched dozens of Surgeons, chose 1 that had done scores of hip replacements but still needs it done again.

There’s no such thing as a 100% sure thing with any joint replacement from any surgeon. There’s always a risk. She most likely had a loosening of the stem or insert.