Check your account email address ×

Texas is fucked

Just now, spin_dry said:

There’s no such thing as a 100% sure thing with any joint replacement from any surgeon. There’s always a risk. She most likely had a loosening of the stem or insert. 

My bud had two hips done twenty years ago. Now they need done again. He’s waiting as long as he can. What’s the life span on fake hips? :dunno: 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s no such thing as a 100% sure thing with any joint replacement from any surgeon. There’s always a risk. She most likely had a loosening of the stem or insert. 

Yup, she's not pleased that she has to go thru that again. 

Just now, Edmo said:

My bud had two hips done twenty years ago. Now they need done again. He’s waiting as long as he can. What’s the life span on fake hips? :dunno: 

Tough to answer. Those with sedentary lifestyles fare worse than active people. 20 years is about right for the materials and technology from then. Ceramic and polymer technology has come a long way in 20 years. So has surgical technique. 

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Sounds like a good time. I’m getting a titanium hip on Monday. That’ll mean 4 weeks of recovery. I couldn’t have picked a better summer to fuck up. Gonna be weird without my companion called pain. 

A little young for a new hip, no?

9 hours ago, Tinker said:

Can't tell us what to do.

Herd ammunity like Sweden

Live free or die

Masks don't work

Fuck old people anyway

Y'all could start a fight in an empty room 

Top QC doc says enjoy the summer cause second wave is coming.  Oh and the spike in the us is not a second wave, yet, it will get far worse. 

https://thepostmillennial.com/quebecs-top-doctor-tells-province-second-wave-is-coming-anyway-so-enjoy-the-summer

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm getting an MRI next week for a torn up shoulder.  Hip probably just a matter of time since I have what feels like a piriformis that won't calm down no matter how much I stretch it.

Unfortunately, it'll be a bit before I go in for any surgery though.  My wife's cancer is back and she needs surgery first.  I'll need to take care of her.  Round two with this shit...

Sorry to here about your wife's cancer, hope all goes well for her and you.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sushi is ok. I don’t go out of my way to eat it. 

So no shooting 2 weeks ago during the riots?? with you and your bud coming out of a restaurant, you guys ran for cover?? 

Refresh your memory on your first time out maybe?? You were involved in a shooting. It's almost unbelievable you would forget being involved in a shooting

spin_dry said:

Myself and a friend just came out of the Korean BBQ on Hennepin ave last night when a shit storm erupted. 1 dead and 11 others shot. My friend Dennis managed to hang onto our food as we ran. I didn’t know how bad it was until I saw CNN this morning. There was quite a few people on the sidewalk on both sides of the street. Dennis thought it was fireworks. I knew it was gunshots immediately but had no idea it was that bad. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

So no shooting 2 weeks ago during the riots?? with you and your bud coming out of a restaurant, you guys ran for cover?? 

Refresh your memory on your first time out maybe?? You were involved in a shooting. It's almost unbelievable you would forget being involved in a shooting

spin_dry said:

Myself and a friend just came out of the Korean BBQ on Hennepin ave last night when a shit storm erupted. 1 dead and 11 others shot. My friend Dennis managed to hang onto our food as we ran. I didn’t know how bad it was until I saw CNN this morning. There was quite a few people on the sidewalk on both sides of the street. Dennis thought it was fireworks. I knew it was gunshots immediately but had no idea it was that bad. 

There were no riots at the time and it’s a Korean bbq. It funny how you take what people here say at twist it. You’re selective though. Never with a trump supporter. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There were no riots at the time and it’s a Korean bbq. It funny how you take what people here say at twist it. You’re selective though. Never with a trump supporter. 

How did you manage to run so fast with a bad hip?

• Haha 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Lifestyle, you should try changing yours.:lol:

Hope it works for yah.

Thanks. It’s most likely from breaking my right leg when I was 16. The strain of recovery went through the kinetic chain on my left side and to the hip. Growth spurts and such at that time exasperated the issue. I think jujitsu had some negative impact. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Well you said Nats eggs was your first time out but a week earlier you said you went out for Korean BBQ and involved in a shooting?? As your statements contradict each other..Was just looking for some truth.. Really didn't need to spin or twist anything as they are your own statements I quoted..

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well you said Nats eggs was your first time out but a week earlier you said you went out for Korean BBQ and involved in a shooting?? As your statements contradict each other..Was just looking for some truth.. Really didn't need to spin or twist anything as they are your own statements I quoted..

Korean BBQ was take out. As such my bud was carrying the food. You’re a regular joe friday. 

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Korean BBQ was take out. As such my bud was carrying the food. You’re a regular joe friday. 

Oh gotcha.. lolllzzz

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

There’s people in there 20’s getting hip replacements. 

And people wonder why health insurance costs so much.