Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

So I saw this truck on CL earlier in the week and it was listed as being in Marquette so sure as shit driving back to the pad this evening there she was parked on the main drag...sweet rust free IH with a Chevy drivetrain....cherry.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

So I saw this truck on CL earlier in the week and it was listed as being in Marquette so sure as shit driving back to the pad this evening there she was parked on the main drag...sweet rust free IH with a Chevy drivetrain....cherry.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

That's a rare bird there. Those were a rusted mess here in the Midwest in short order. Probably not too many left.

8 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

rare..how much?

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

That's a rare bird there. Those were a rusted mess here in the Midwest in short order. Probably not too many left.

If I remember correctly it came from Cali.....14,200 and it is spotless. :bc:

https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/5740522719.html

Edited by Biggie Smails

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

that's a good buy if you're looking for something like that.

I would love to have it but I would end up driving it in the Winter and ruining it. :lol:

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

I would love to have it but I would end up driving it in the Winter and ruining it. :lol:

yeah..i was thinking the 4wd would be mostly useless in the summer lol..nice job they did with paint/colors..nice but not overdone/tacky.

350 in it?

4 speed ?

Edited by Capt.Storm

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

yeah..i was thinking the 4wd would be mostly useless in the summer lol..nice job they did with paint/colors..nice but not overdone/tacky.

350 in it?

4 speed ?

GM 350 with a 350 turbo tranny.

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

nice..i seen it said chevy drivetrain.

years ago i had a 70's scout 304 4 speed..uit was a ball till the body fell off and the motor was beat by that time anyhow.

My first rig when I was 15 was a 1972 Scout with a straight 6....paid 400 bucks for it and she was a rusty bitch. Had a soft spot for them ever since. :bc:

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

My first rig when I was 15 was a 1972 Scout with a straight 6....paid 400 bucks for it and she was a rusty bitch. Had a soft spot for them ever since. :bc:

cool..the drive lines/transfer case and axles were pretty damn tuff...and i loved the size of it.

Matter of fact I ended up buying a bronco II after that because i did like the size on that as well..84 i think that was..2.8 4 speed..maybe 5 speed..anyways it was fine except the motor was chit..never would run right half the time.

12 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I doubt you would still own it by the time the snow flies :news:

18 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

That's a sweet rig. Its worth that money for sure.

On 8/27/2016 at 7:28 PM, Blackstar said:

Rode in my son's truck on Wednesday. Told him it sounds like the brakes are going. He smiles and says they've been like for a couple months.

Fuckkkkk. He's lucky the rotor didn't come apart. $200 for chink rotors and pads.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mechanic buddy said some of the shit he sees is insane like rotors ground right down to the vents and no pads at all everything including backing plate gone, the caliper piston was the brake :guzzle:

6 hours ago, Momorider said:

Mechanic buddy said some of the shit he sees is insane like rotors ground right down to the vents and no pads at all everything including backing plate gone, the caliper piston was the brake :guzzle:

be careful what you buy. up here a network did a show on substandard and down right dangerous pads and rotors. no regs on parts and the overseas trolls are making parts out of things that would make ya shit. its fucking brakes. buy northamerican, euro, or jap. pay more last longer, and most importantly, not put yourself and others in peril. 

Stopped on campus on the way home to go to the NMU Bookstore....NMU Public Safety Officer Peterman not only unlocked the car for us but is a helluva nice guy as well. :bc:

image.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

be careful what you buy. up here a network did a show on substandard and down right dangerous pads and rotors. no regs on parts and the overseas trolls are making parts out of things that would make ya shit. its fucking brakes. buy northamerican, euro, or jap. pay more last longer, and most importantly, not put yourself and others in peril. 

Totally different subject but not surprising :flush: 

37 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

I bought the cheapest they had at Partsource. $190 for 2 rotors and a set of pads for a 2001 Dodge 1500.

The truck has a broken windshield, broken emergency cables, 2 broken leaf springs, plus some small stuff. The truck needs to be put down.

He's shopping for a car but he's slow as shit at making a decision.