Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

He already has it stacked full of crap and sled parts.  No going back now.  

I'm thinking about buying one of these though.

https://www.harborfreight.com/30-in-5-drawer-green-mechanics-cart-64721.html

Ive been looking at the same cart. I need some more storage and being able to roll it out onto the driveway rater than the back and forth to get a tool..

8 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Ive been looking at the same cart. I need some more storage and being able to roll it out onto the driveway rater than the back and forth to get a tool..

They have the 4 drawer version on sale until tomorrow for $140.  I'm really tempted to get it given the price.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 4:07 PM, racinfarmer said:

They have the 4 drawer version on sale until tomorrow for $140.  I'm really tempted to get it given the price.  

Stopped by the usual scumbags and checked out the 4 drawer vs 5 drawer.  While the 4 drawer one is very nice and the price it right, I found a online coopin for $189.99 on the 5 drawer one and am 99% sure I'll be picking that one up.  It it larger and does come with a aerosol can holder (saves $12 on the magnetic one) built in that the 4 drawer doesn't have.  

I don't think you could go wrong with either one, but for me, I feel like the 5 drawer one will be the better fit.  

Edited by racinfarmer

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

For those of you who are border line alkys like me:

https://www.kctoolco.com/kc-tool-german-bottle-opener-set/

I gave these as customer xmas gifts a couple years ago.

image.thumb.png.7a4b71f252f3d8a96c57ce77197a50ae.png

And got one of these for my bday from my son a few years ago.

image.png.5a0a78debd49ffa9ce0ab7546a56bb87.png

Edited by Big Crappie
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Bought one of the 5 drawer carts from the Horrible Fraught.  

Pretty good cart for $185.

IMG_20200313_175419[1].jpg

Had my eye on those for awhile now. Got some space from when I moved my old box to the garage but think I'm goin to put my welding table together. Had the materials now for 6 years but too lazy to stick it together.

Got this bad boy for Christmas last year.  It's as nice as people say it is.  My old Northern Tool jack still works fine but I wanted another around to make it easier to lift vehicles. This new one goes higher too for my truck.

IMG_20200102_190647.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Had my eye on those for awhile now. Got some space from when I moved my old box to the garage but think I'm goin to put my welding table together. Had the materials now for 6 years but too lazy to stick it together.

I picked it up a while ago when they had a coopin for $185.  It'll take 2 to finish the assembly.  It is a heavy bastard. 

Worth it so far.  Have mainly sled related shit in it.  

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I picked it up a while ago when they had a coopin for $185.  It'll take 2 to finish the assembly.  It is a heavy bastard. 

Hey man!  Where you been?

I jumped into Horrible today for a set of new snap ring pliers and to check out their bench grinders.  Ended up with a handful of zip ties and other shit.  Guy who checked me out had a mask and gloves on...it made me smirk.

27 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Will you be naming it Tater Salad? :lmao:

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I jumped into Horrible today for a set of new snap ring pliers and to check out their bench grinders.  Ended up with a handful of zip ties and other shit.  Guy who checked me out had a mask and gloves on...it made me smirk.

Just time off.  Been a challenging couple months and this was one of the things that was easy to cut out of my life for a while.  

23 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Will you be naming it Tater Salad? :lmao:

Nope

Edited by racinfarmer

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Horrible Fraut?  Snap ring pliers?  I don't like the sound of that.

Let me know when you find a bench grinder that isn't a total piece of shit.  Mine is a Metabo but nothing like one of the old school USA made units.

22 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Let me know when you find a bench grinder that isn't a total piece of shit.  Mine is a Metabo but nothing like one of the old school USA made units.

Have to hit up Craigslist or FB Marketplace for that stuff.  Have a big Dewalt one that is pretty good though. 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Just time off.  Been a challenging couple months and this was one of the things that was easy to cut out of my life for a while.  

Nope

Shit...hope you are ok.  :bc:

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Meh...I was in the neighborhood and jerked up my pliers some time ago doing something with it that I shouldn’t have been doing.  Normal.

Yeah....on the grinders.  I use one rarely but mine finally shit the bed and it’s a boat anchor now.  I thought maybe just pick up a disposable but, they all looked that way on the shelf.  I passed.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Have to hit up Craigslist or FB Marketplace for that stuff.  Have a big Dewalt one that is pretty good though. 

Yep.  Gonna shop around.  Be nice to find a good industrial for a decent price.

20 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Shit...hope you are ok.  :bc:

Meh...I was in the neighborhood and jerked up my pliers some time ago doing something with it that I shouldn’t have been doing.  Normal.

Yeah....on the grinders.  I use one rarely but mine finally shit the bed and it’s a boat anchor now.  I thought maybe just pick up a disposable but, they all looked that way on the shelf.  I passed.

Yep.  Gonna shop around.  Be nice to find a good industrial for a decent price.

Lots of difficult days and anxiety.  Not always OK.

22 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I just aquired a 8 inch Dayton bench grinder old school. Thing has got to weigh over 100 pounds with the stand. The kind of thing when you shut it off the wheel is still coasting ten minutes later. Just a level of quality that does not exist anymore.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I just aquired a 8 inch Dayton bench grinder old school. Thing has got to weigh over 100 pounds with the stand. The kind of thing when you shut it off the wheel is still coasting ten minutes later. Just a level of quality that does not exist anymore.

Agree 100%

IMG_20200403_085731699.jpg