Check your account email address ×

New Vehicle Sales Continue Downward Slide in April, Edmunds Forecasts

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Did anyone expect different?

We have Ford and GM/Ram/Jeep dealers in town...both have been closed indefinitely...no service either. Not sure what's going on.

6 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

not surprising at all. plus motorsports like ATV, motorcycles, boats are hurting big time. 

Imagine all the bozos who have loans for all that shit, their sphincters are turning inside out right about now. 

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Imagine all the bozos who have loans for all that shit, their sphincters are turning inside out right about now. 

Late model repos will drive the prices down even more. Some good deals coming, both new and used. 

6 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I wouldn,t mind buying a fairly new mustang with the coyote engine in it. Anyone know of any that are for sale in eastern Canada at a fantastic price ?

Hang for a bit. If this economic downturn is anything like others, collector car prices will collapse. When that happens, muscle car prices will tank fast. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

Just looked at a new ram...20 k off msrp...

I see they are also giving0% for 84mo . I may need to start shopping again . I think I see another white rape van in the cards 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I see they are also giving0% for 84mo . I may need to start shopping again . I think I see another white rape van in the cards 

Any 84mo with money off the top deals? 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Any 84mo with money off the top deals? 

have not gone in yet . just seeing all the tv adds .I see at least 3 corps giving 84 now . I have seen a few guys posting just stupid cheep lease deals they are getting .

also one if my customers attempted to return a Lexus SUV lease last week and they are now offering her some pretty sweet extention terms . like just over 1/2 what she was paying with a extra 1200mi a mo  for a 1yr extension

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

have not gone in yet . just seeing all the tv adds .I see at least 3 corps giving 84 now . I have seen a few guys posting just stupid cheep lease deals they are getting .

also one if my customers attempted to return a Lexus SUV lease last week and they are now offering her some pretty sweet extention terms . like just over 1/2 what she was paying with a extra 1200mi a mo  for a 1yr extension

i wish the wifes lease was up now not October and I'd see what i could get out of them as she loves the thing.  Prob will end up buying it out unless they are whoring new lease deals come fall.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Even Honda is discounting cars.   Don't see that too often.   Same with Duramax diesels.   

I was able to get the best deal by far on my new Honda Rancher atv buying before the shutdown.  Been watching them on promo from the local dealer for probably 3 years.  It's a 2019 model, made in early/mid 2018 so Honda was sitting on them for awhile.  Dealer bought 20 machines of this model and had 2 left.  Haven't seen any deals remotely close to this.  Most dealers now only have 2020s that they aren't willing to deal on yet.  Give it a couple more months and they will be looking to move machines.

The auto industry is going to be hurting for awhile.  People just won't want to sign up for a $40-50k loan when they are worried about losing their job or have already had their businesses almost bankrupted.  The manufacturers are luring in as many people as they can yet with 72-84 month no interest loans and no payments for 3-6 months.  They just want someone in it and responsible for the debt before the vehicle rots on the lot.

10 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

not surprising at all. plus motorsports like ATV, motorcycles, boats are hurting big time. 

a bud has been atv hunting and they are not dropping on new or used 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

6-7 year loans IMO these days are not an evil.  if you drive a normal amount of miles that is putting you around 100k and trucks and SUV's still have good value at 100k.    

Yes, yes they are are.