Check your account email address ×

New Vehicle Sales Continue Downward Slide in April, Edmunds Forecasts

Just now, spin_dry said:

I believe that we were talking about personal, non-commercial use vehicles. 

my personal truck i drive for work . and my personal trucks all get moved down the line to stright work trucks when i get a new one .I think most guys do the same who have a biz . unless they make a lot then they just get new shit every yr or 3 

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't get how guys think it is ok to roll up to a bid in a f350 platinum lifted with all the bullshit bolted on .  I know a lot if guys who have those trucks but most won't drive them to a home owners to show them just how hard they are sticking it to them 

I had some landscaping quoted last year that was that way.  Knew with as nice of truck that he was driving and he only had his crew actually doing the job he wasn't for me.  Ended up going with a family business just down the road.  Dad and son came to quote the job in a well used but typical 3/4 ton work truck.  Gave a good bid and personally did the job with one other hired helper.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

I had some landscaping quoted last year that was that way.  Knew with as nice of truck that he was driving and he only had his crew actually doing the job he wasn't for me.  Ended up going with a family business just down the road.  Dad and son came to quote the job in a well used but typical 3/4 ton work truck.  Gave a good bid and personally did the job with one other hired helper.

Some people are marketing retards.  I had a painter (owner of painting biz) come out to give me a quote years ago and he rolled up in a shiny Harley just after lunch on a Wednesday.  I'm not sure the impression he thought he was gonna make or, if it worked on some but...just for fun, I let him quote it anyway.  He came in second highest....and I laughed.  The highest one had to be a terrible typo, and I don't have time for retards.

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yes, yes they are are.

not really as long as its a vehicle one can truly afford.  I don;t really do car payments,  but right now it would be foolish to pay cash.  I have started leasing for my wife on cheap sub'd deals since i know in 3 years she'll want something new.  I am fine with driving something forever now

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Using someone else's money/working for the man, same/same.

I got rust going on all 3 vehicles right now, but we are on a good path to break the $1M net worth mark.

out of 5 vehicles i have rust on 1,  13 explorer with 130 something on it with some rust on bottom of doors and the tailgate.  I'll grind it down and treat it as I want to drive it another 3-4 years.  fucking thing wasn't good enough for the wife anymore but in 3 years it cost me 3k in work vs her $300/mo payment on the highlander she wanted to drive instead.    

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Some people are marketing retards.  I had a painter (owner of painting biz) come out to give me a quote years ago and he rolled up in a shiny Harley just after lunch on a Wednesday.  I'm not sure the impression he thought he was gonna make or, if it worked on some but...just for fun, I let him quote it anyway.  He came in second highest....and I laughed.  The highest one had to be a terrible typo, and I don't have time for retards.

you never really want to be driving something much better than your clientele.  when i was selling i would drive a tahoe or blazer, nice but not something that would make people blink.  We have some sales people that don't get that and it's got to turn off some clients when they see the 100k benz out front.  Guy across the hall from me just bought an E53 coupe and his toy cars are a Viper and Gallardo.  Nothing says i've made too much money than that.  Funny thing is he's a former car guy buys right and sells right but they aren't going to know that.  

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

not really as long as its a vehicle one can truly afford.  I don;t really do car payments,  but right now it would be foolish to pay cash.  I have started leasing for my wife on cheap sub'd deals since i know in 3 years she'll want something new.  I am fine with driving something forever now

out of 5 vehicles i have rust on 1,  13 explorer with 130 something on it with some rust on bottom of doors and the tailgate.  I'll grind it down and treat it as I want to drive it another 3-4 years.  fucking thing wasn't good enough for the wife anymore but in 3 years it cost me 3k in work vs her $300/mo payment on the highlander she wanted to drive instead.    

Guess I'll be foolish then.  0% is only on the new vehicles which you will take a beating on depreciation.  I'd rather buy a $20k used car in cash than finance $40k at 0%.  I will have paid half price and paid no payments forever.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Guess I'll be foolish then.  0% is only on the new vehicles which you will take a beating on depreciation.  I'd rather buy a $20k used car in cash than finance $40k at 0%.  I will have paid half price and paid no payments forever.  

oh i agree but lots don't buy used.  i am a big fan of used,  only my wife drive something new and of the 50 or so vehicles i have owned maybe 25% had no miles when i got them.  I used to buy product evaluation cars when i worked at GM,  1/3 off with 10k miles which was awesome.  I bought a pickup new in 07 and 14 because the used deals were not financially better decisions but that is rare.  I crashed the 07 in 09/10 and the value was still higher than what i had paid a fact i realized when i looked for  a replacment and said damn they may not total this out.  

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

my personal truck i drive for work . and my personal trucks all get moved down the line to stright work trucks when i get a new one .I think most guys do the same who have a biz . unless they make a lot then they just get new shit every yr or 3 

Most the same. I have bought some just for employees that I never drove.But the majority get pushed down the line.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

my  bud who sells houses just out side metro more often than not higher end homes he will often pull up for showings on the sled or sxs especially if the people are looking to move from metro . he says he can see the the light go on in the guys head along  with the big smile 

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I gotta disagree here.  I like my shit looking good too!  I don't mind putting in the extra work/money to keep it that way.  It's still money in the bank!  

I used to feel that but not any more, vehicles are nothing to me except getting from A to B.

26 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

my  bud who sells houses just out side metro more often than not higher end homes he will often pull up for showings on the sled or sxs especially if the people are looking to move from metro . he says he can see the the light go on in the guys head along  with the big smile 

I only like realtors who sell at 2% or less, anything above that is a rip off. I’ve often wondered what makes them thieves think they’re entitled to 5 - 6% of person’s hard earned equity. 

35 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I used to feel that but not any more, vehicles are nothing to me except getting from A to B.

I only like realtors who sell at 2% or less, anything above that is a rip off. I’ve often wondered what makes them thieves think they’re entitled to 5 - 6% of person’s hard earned equity. 

I've used an online realtor service to sell 2 homes. It's really not that hard at all if you are selling in a seller's market. 

23 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I've used an online realtor service to sell 2 homes. It's really not that hard at all if you are selling in a seller's market. 

It's interesting when you look into a smaller area and see the agents who work well and are successful.  It always points to the same handful 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's interesting when you look into a smaller area and see the agents who work well and are successful.  It always points to the same handful 

yep, plenty of starving realtors. Usually the same ones busting their ass every weekend doing open houses only to have to split their commission with the realtor who actually sells it. 

6 hours ago, frenchy said:

I sold my first home myself, everything was done at a title company, pretty painless.

I'm not seeing any incremental deals on new GMC half tons.  $5-$10k off MSRP, depending on the model.  Dealer inventory seems to be holding steady....which makes sense since GM production is shut down, as are most dealers.  

Used GMC's don't last long on Carvana, I guess more peeps are adapting to buying sight-unseen and delivered to your door, perhaps out of necessity since dealers are mostly closed.

Will be interesting to see what happens to inventory when dealers open and GM ramps up production again.  Cheap money and cheap gas should help sell, offset by unemployment, etc...

All that said, I'm not driving much at all, so no real reason to replace my vehicle other than my desire for change. 

20 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

you won't find a low mi relatively new truck or suv for close to 1/2  .

10k a yr max  off msrp but no one paid msrp not even the guy who ordered exactly what he wanted 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

you won't find a low mi relatively new truck or suv for close to 1/2  .

10k a yr max  off msrp but no one paid msrp not even the guy who ordered exactly what he wanted 

Ordered last two straight from the factory and paid the same as off the lot.  I bought my F150 new in 2010 when the 3 year old models I was looking at were only about 6 k less.  Fuck that.