Check your account email address ×

New Vehicle Sales Continue Downward Slide in April, Edmunds Forecasts

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

6-7 year loans IMO these days are not an evil.  if you drive a normal amount of miles that is putting you around 100k and trucks and SUV's still have good value at 100k.    

1970 about 34% of family income was for a car 

2020 64% of family income is for a car 

one of the biggest ripoffs on the planet 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

Most families had one car in 1970

39 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

6-7 year loans IMO these days are not an evil.  if you drive a normal amount of miles that is putting you around 100k and trucks and SUV's still have good value at 100k.    

Evil or not, many feel it’s a necessity 

58 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

*If you take care of it and it doesn’t look like shit. Some people just trash their cars. Wife’s Acura is almost 7 years old and still looks and runs good.

52 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not sure if that is true but I wouldn't put it past the zero interest crowd.:lol:

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  Easy to rack up a $1000+ car payment now.  It's just gotten silly,....and the ones paying for this, really shouldn't be.  Nothing like the $80k truck sitting out by the curb of a $70K house.  :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, frenchy said:

still plenty of inexpensive vehicles on the market. Blaming others for consumers' lack of self control - priceless. 

Amen!  I've got a buddy looking at some really nice commercial trucks for sale at half the price.  Ok...no leather and no nav and less a few bells and whistle's but...half the fucking price for the same body and drivetrain?  I mean.....think smart!  Not saying he is but...he's being smart here!  :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  Easy to rack up a $1000+ car payment now.  It's just gotten silly,....and the ones paying for this, really shouldn't be.  Nothing like the $80k truck sitting out by the curb of a $70K house.  :lol: 

But they are using the banks money!  :lol:

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

But they are using the banks money!  :lol:

It's the funniest thing going.  It always has been but now..it's just crazy!

Joe Chickenneck buys bad ass new $70k truck because of an easy credit and excellent financing rate...for eight god damn years.  Proclaims "hell yeah....I'll put my money in the market and make money!"  Doesn't do that....buys other shit instead.  Sells his rig in three years for less than half his buying price after paying $6k in interest. 

This is called "using someone else's money".

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Haha, ours is about 3% for fuel repairs and insurance. Sledding and the bikes cost us more.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's the funniest thing going.  It always has been but now..it's just crazy!

Joe Chickenneck buys bad ass new $70k truck because of an easy credit and excellent financing rate...for eight god damn years.  Proclaims "hell yeah....I'll put my money in the market and make money!"  Doesn't do that....buys other shit instead.  Sells his rig in three years for less than half his buying price after paying $6k in interest. 

This is called "using someone else's money".

Using someone else's money/working for the man, same/same.

I got rust going on all 3 vehicles right now, but we are on a good path to break the $1M net worth mark.

• Like 1

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

I got rust going on all 3 vehicles right now, but we are on a good path to break the $1M net worth mark.

The latter makes the first non-important.  I used to say "there's no shame to my game" whenever I'd get "poor mouthed" by a buddy giving me shit about not upgrading or buying more than I actually wanted or needed.  A financial independence year was decided by my wife and I years ago...and whatever it took to get there was all that mattered.

25 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Fuck the rust. As long as they get you from point A to point B.

• Like 2

Just now, spin_dry said:

I gotta disagree here.  I like my shit looking good too!  I don't mind putting in the extra work/money to keep it that way.  It's still money in the bank!  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Amen!  I've got a buddy looking at some really nice commercial trucks for sale at half the price.  Ok...no leather and no nav and less a few bells and whistle's but...half the fucking price for the same body and drivetrain?  I mean.....think smart!  Not saying he is but...he's being smart here!  :lol: 

I don't get how guys think it is ok to roll up to a bid in a f350 platinum lifted with all the bullshit bolted on .  I know a lot if guys who have those trucks but most won't drive them to a home owners to show them just how hard they are sticking it to them 

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

This makes me want to go get a new truck!

I keep thinking about trading my 18 High Country for a new Denali because I really like that trick tailgate, my only concern is if the tailgate can handle a sled :dunno:

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I keep thinking about trading my 18 High Country for a new Denali because I really like that trick tailgate, my only concern is if the tailgate can handle a sled :dunno:

Well I put that piece of plywood in my bed with the ski guides on it. So if you did something like that Im sure it would be fine. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

to my last post I also dont think it is a good idea to roll up to a bid looking like Fred g Sanford and asking for 130 bucks a hr for every guy 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

to my last post I also dont think it is a good idea to roll up to a bid looking like Fred g Sanford and asking for 130 bucks a hr for every guy 

I agree, while some think it's best to look like Fred because people will think your cheap...........and my take is who wants to work for some cheap asshole.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Cars were lucky to make it to 80k back then and be totally rotted out if it lived in salt. Today’s vehicles will easily go 3 times that with far less maintenance costs. 

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I believe that we were talking about personal, non-commercial use vehicles. 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

It's an interesting way to judge the person behind the wheel in the contracting biz.  In my somewhat short experience, the contractors I used that are all "Sanford and Sons" with Menard's brand/Ryobi tools work cheap...and get the cheaper, less important jobs where clients want the most bang for their buck...damn the details. The ones rolling in decent rigs with proper tools are the ones I use on proper projects.  The ones rolling in $80k rigs are usaually in too deep financially and are a missed paychek away from cleaning out your site. And I don't want that shit sitting out front anyway.