Check your account email address ×

What was the original point of the lockdown?

Rod

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s going to make its way through regardless what we do 

Absolutely, they just wanted to try to flatten the curve so the hospitals weren’t overrun. Seems to be working as far as that goes.

Just now, frenchy said:

only because of the dumbfuck contingent out there who feel like the rules don't apply to them. 

Your reading and comprehension is astoundingly bad :lol: 

Just now, Edmo said:

Absolutely, they just wanted to try to flatten the curve so the hospitals weren’t overrun. Seems to be working as far as that goes.

There’s no issue that’s correct and the data indicates there isn’t going to be one 

so what’s the point of the increasingly strict levels of fascism again?

• Platinum Contributing Member

At some point we have to look at opening up parts of the country.   We cannot survive economically having the entire country on complete lock down thru the end of May or June.   Yes 80% of the country is still working but the snowball effect will start happening if we don't and we will have 30-50% unemployment.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Rigid1 said:

Are some of you guys like locked down?? I mean Im in NY and can go wherever..

We can to anything that's open and there is still a lot open.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

At some point we have to look at opening up parts of the country.   We cannot survive economically having the entire country on complete lock down thru the end of May or June.   Yes 80% of the country is still working but the snowball effect will start happening if we don't and we will have 30-50% unemployment.  

Yes.  This “buying time and space” thing is fine short term but, we can’t afford to “buy” anymore.  

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

Spell it out 

I did. Its not complicated. We are social distancing and it has helped. However we need to do a better job at it so its even more effective. Further we shouldn't let up now or we risk a resurgence.

Just now, Kivalo said:

I did. Its not complicated. We are social distancing and it has helped. However we need to do a better job at it so its even more effective. Further we shouldn't let up now or we risk a resurgence.

You’re already back down the wrong track 

what was the point of social distancing?

With just the amount of flights right now between China, US and Canada alone, if this virus spreads like they say then being quarantined is like pissing in the wind.

Edited by mach4me
added to it

6 minutes ago, mach4me said:

With just the amount of flights right now between China, US and Canada alone, if this virus spreads like they say then being quarantined is like pissing in the wind.

Exactly.  Slowing the spread with half-assed measures isn’t curing or, eliminating the threat.  When you can still fly into and out of the main hotspots........well, I’m sure keeping those restaurants and bars closed will do it!

Dumb.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

But if we social distance we have a better chance of keeping hospitals from being over run.

95% of the hospitals in this country are slower than shit right now because everybody has been told to stay out of them because.... they're overloaded, which the exact opposite is true.

31 minutes ago, ACE said:

Why do you need to be better? What’s the problem?

Lockdown helps ignorant dickheads from being able to infect other people. What the problem still is is that the daily increase in infections is still increasing. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

95% of the hospitals in this country are slower than shit right now because everybody has been told to stay out of them because.... they're overloaded, which the exact opposite is true.

Hospitals are actually laying off people due to not as many patients. 

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Lockdown helps ignorant dickheads from being able to infect other people. What the problem still is is that the daily increase in infections is still increasing. 

And new cases showing up now are from being infected a week or two ago. 

what lockdown?  everything is exactly the same in my life except no friday pub with buds, no after work coffee shop, and the ole lady misses the weekly dinner out. still go to work, pop by friends and vice versa. stores still open, still riding, going to the bush etc. and seeing we have no old people to visit any more..... 

ma died a few weeks ago and if this was when she was above ground, we wouldn't visit. mind you, my brethren and i wouldn't visit her anyways if we had the FUCKING FLU. we would stay away. imagine that. common fucking sense

Edited by mtnloverxtreme2
spelling

1 minute ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

what lockdown?  everything is exactly the same in my life except no friday pub with buds, no after work coffee shop, and the ole lady misses the weekly dinner out. still go to work, pop by friends and vice versa. stores still open, still riding, going to the bush etc.

Same here, same as always with few exceptions..and the Polaris/Doo dealer is still open selling machines.

• Like 1