Check your account email address ×

What was the original point of the lockdown?

Rod

1 hour ago, mach4me said:

With just the amount of flights right now between China, US and Canada alone, if this virus spreads like they say then being quarantined is like pissing in the wind.

https://www.airportia.com/flights/mf805/xiamen/vancouver/

Tickets for tomorrow are still available

Edited by Tinker

I agree a lot is going to change after this. Some of the people working from home now won't be going back to an office. Granted there are some working from home now that will go back because they aren't as efficient as home.  Companies would have a lot less overhead with less office space.

• Thanks 1

I didn’t back read any of this post. I can relay A few things I’ve seen in the last few weeks that I’ve seen in the big city and where I live,out on the edge of the concrete jungle and where the corn fields start. Corporate world is taking this very serious. The shit they have implemented is above and beyond what the government has done. Out in the burbs,things are relaxed and the mall walkers are now hanging out in big box stores. You go into the financial district,board of trade ECT. The buildings are locked down. You need to be on a list to get into the building. Temperature check, paperwork filled out to say where you have been, full ppe, and if the work you are doing can wait, you gone. I could go on and on. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

I agree a lot is going to change after this. Some of the people working from home now won't be going back to an office. Granted there are some working from home now that will go back because they aren't as efficient as home.  Companies would have a lot less overhead with less office space.

We are dealing with this now. Ventilation changes,less people in the office, the big wigs want there own ventilation,and it goes on and on.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I didn’t back read any of this post. I can relay A few things I’ve seen in the last few weeks that I’ve seen in the big city and where I live,out on the edge of the concrete jungle and where the corn fields start. Corporate world is taking this very serious. The shit they have implemented is above and beyond what the government has done. Out in the burbs,things are relaxed and the mall walkers are now hanging out in big box stores. You go into the financial district,board of trade ECT. The buildings are locked down. You need to be on a list to get into the building. Temperature check, paperwork filled out to say where you have been, full ppe, and if the work you are doing can wait, you gone. I could go on and on. 

Right because they know and understand the ramifications of this and the damage a 2nd wave could do. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right because they know and understand the ramifications of this and the damage a 2nd wave could do. 

Not just the second wave. This has created millions of germafobes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You know that’s inevitable right 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

You know that’s inevitable right 

Maybe, maybe not....opening things up right now would guarantee it. Nothing I can do about it anyhow so I'll roll with the punches.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

21 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The company that is successful with their employees working from home,are going to come out of this smelling like a rose.

we had our best March ever with 90% working from home,  possibly the best month ever in April.  I can see us going to letting more work from home and shrinking our office space.   We could hotel many employees the few times they need to come in.   

42 minutes ago, ckf said:

Why can't the politicians in DC work from an office in their home state?  No more flights,  No more going to DC.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Maybe, maybe not....opening things up right now would guarantee it. Nothing I can do about it anyhow so I'll roll with the punches.

A second wave is going to happen no matter what.

Hell the second wave of influenza A is happening right now with everything in lock down

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

we had our best March ever with 90% working from home,  possibly the best month ever in April.  I can see us going to letting more work from home and shrinking our office space.   We could hotel many employees the few times they need to come in.   

My customer base is class A office buildings. The company I work for is very diversified and will be fine. I’m talking about my customer base. Talking about several high end 750k of rental office space properties that are going to go half empty,like a light switch. 

6 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

A second wave is going to happen no matter what.

Hell the second wave of influenza A is happening right now with everything in lock down

Ok...so in your opinion should we cut it loose now or let some of these hotspots cool off first? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ok...so in your opinion should we cut it loose now or let some of these hotspots cool off first? 

cant open piece by piece.  wont work. 

also remember the only reason this is spreading like it is compared to influenza is cause its new, body is saying wtf is this and there is no form of vaccine to slow it down.

I'm following the "science" portion of it more then the case number and media hype.  Following mutations etc...

Its not much different then influenza in the long run.  Affects those with other health conditions more so then the healthy. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

When I heard that some can carry the virus and not even know it or, have very little symptoms at all, well.....we’re into some problems here when it can seemingly survive in a host without much affect.  If it spreads fast from a type of “dormancy”, it just needs an opening again.  Without a vaccine, there’s little we can do to stop a pandemic repeat.  And even with the vaccine, state mandating?  Good luck with that.

Lock everyone inside for one month...virus gone, all the half ass social distance thing did was crash the economy. It had to be all or nothing.