Check your account email address ×

Game changer.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

After the Scout I got one these....72 Buick Electra 225...455 ci...friggin land yacht. :lmao:

IMG_5300.thumb.JPG.a874fa0433f2e66f51f2cf4d19e00d55.JPG

Had to ride with 4 buddies in that cruiser. Each guy was responsible for his corner when you parked it.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

After the Scout I got one these....72 Buick Electra 225...455 ci...friggin land yacht. :lmao:

72 was the year where the smog equipment was really starting to take the HP numbers down.

The car below is an exact match for my Dad's 76 Ods 98 Regency 455 4 bbl., it's the car I used for prom weekend, I also have a pic of me sitting on the hood of it for HS graduation.

1976 Oldsmobile 98 | GAA Classic Cars

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Rich Corinthian leather lol. The wife's dad had one 

It was my first car, bought it from a customer in 1989 and it only had 11,000 miles on it. It was an older couple and they only used it to go to church for 11 years. :lmao:

Mine was almost identical to the one pictured right down to the wheels and tires, mine was cream colored and it had the 360. I chuckle when I hear the name Ricardo Montalban, my buddies would joke and ask if Tattoo was in the trunk. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It took a long time for U.S. automakers to get their shit together. I started selling cars in 82 and I remember when the Cavalier and it's corporate brothers came out. GM puufed their chests out like these things were the best things ever. Fucking toilets along with the rest of the fwd'ers that followed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

It took a long time for U.S. automakers to get their shit together. I started selling cars in 82 and I remember when the Cavalier and it's corporate brothers came out. GM puufed their chests out like these things were the best things ever. Fucking toilets along with the rest of the fwd'ers that followed.

Wasn't the Chevette their answer to Jap small car invasion and the K-Car :flush:

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

It was my first car, bought it from a customer in 1989 and it only had 11,000 miles on it. It was an older couple and they only used it to go to church for 11 years. :lmao:

Mine was almost identical to the one pictured right down to the wheels and tires, mine was cream colored and it had the 360. I chuckle when I hear the name Ricardo Montalban, my buddies would joke and ask if Tattoo was in the trunk. :lmao:

I think was the original Montalban commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgZLdhWjTSI

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Wasn't the Chevette their answer to Jap small car invasion and the K-Car :flush:

chevette was in response to the japs,  k car came much later.  76 or 77 i think for the Chevette.  Father had one new,  wife had one for her first car.  

3 minutes ago, bladefever said:

The the Vega was first. Pull into the gas station..... Check the fuel and add 3 quarts of oil.

My sister bought a Vega GT with a manual trans. One day I was in the car with her and she revved it up,dumped the clutch, squealed the tires then got a squawk out of 2nd lol. I said where'd you learn that and she said from you guys lol. It wasn't as quick as my small block Vega lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Chhya...Dad had 68, 71 and 76 Electras.  Big ass V8 ftw!

14 hours ago, Edmo said:

I had a ‘77 Pontiac Grand Prix  that was nice. But yeah, most of them sucked.

FCC81965-50FD-492B-A53F-D1F03BE7AF30.png

I always liked the older Grand Prix's.  Once they went to a V6 in the late 70s not so much.  My uncle still has his 77 that he bought new.

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

:news:

1978 Chrysler Cordoba Coupe (3 of 5) | Photographed at the A… | Flickr

Fine Corinthian leather!

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no it wasn't,  the big v8 had about 180hp if i recall correctly.  mid 70's to the 90's was the worst time ever for american vehicles. 

I switched from American cars to British in 1978 to an MGB, then another MGB in 1980 and a real shitbox TR7 conv. In 1985 I bought a new Mustang GT.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

no it wasn't,  the big v8 had about 180hp if i recall correctly.  mid 70's to the 90's was the worst time ever for american vehicles. 

Not badass in terms of performance, just a really nice layout and good looking. We're not comparing it to a Rambler or something.

23 minutes ago, smokin george said:

My sister bought a Vega GT with a manual trans. One day I was in the car with her and she revved it up,dumped the clutch, squealed the tires then got a squawk out of 2nd lol. I said where'd you learn that and she said from you guys lol. It wasn't as quick as my small block Vega lol

A friend of a friend did a Pro Street conversion with a Vega. BB, tubbed, roll cage, Mickey Thompson's, you name it, it had it. Crazy fast but very squirrely!!! He wrote it off on his way home one night after doing numerous wheelies beforehand at a non sanctioned meet. Rumor had it, a control arm/tie rod broke and put him in the ditch on his roof after a few barrel rolls.

I seen him almost lose it at Simcoe and Rossland one night as he was just showing off but just barely kept it under control. It was fairly busy too so it would have been real ugly if he didn't save it. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I knew it was only a matter of time. 

6 minutes ago, irv said:

A friend of a friend did a Pro Street conversion with a Vega. BB, tubbed, roll cage, Mickey Thompson's, you name it, it had it. Crazy fast but very squirrely!!! He wrote it off on his way home one night after doing numerous wheelies beforehand at a non sanctioned meet. Rumor had it, a control arm/tie rod broke and put him in the ditch on his roof after a few barrel rolls.

I seen him almost lose it at Simcoe and Rossland one night as he was just showing off but just barely kept it under control. It was fairly busy too so it would have been real ugly if he didn't save it. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I knew it was only a matter of time. 

I knew a guy back in the day with a Vega panel that had a BB in it. Fkn crazy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I switched from American cars to British in 1978 to an MGB, then another MGB in 1980 and a real shitbox TR7 conv. In 1985 I bought a new Mustang GT.

My Mom had a TR7, Woolie and I beat the bag off that thing. Didn't stand up to our abuse. Was a chick magnet tho. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

Not badass in terms of performance, just a really nice layout and good looking. We're not comparing it to a Rambler or something.

It was more of a luxury car, not performance. Rolled really nice on the freeway.

1979 Camaro Berlinetta, bitches!  LOL!  Can’t believe my wife has some old car pics of mine.  This was a sleeper from hell me and my old man built. By the time I could afford decent wheels and tires, I just wrapped it around a telephone pole after a drunken day out on the lake.  

DF6B5DF7-5E0B-4E8F-AA8F-BFC9AE3515C3.jpeg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I recall some of those British cars with Lucas ignition. If it rained in North Bay your car wouldn't start in Toronto.