Check your account email address ×

Amsoil offering 2 year engine warranty!!

Holy shit!  Even for Polaris sleds?!?!  Amazing!!!

Starting april 1st amsoil will be offering a 2 year/5000 mile. engine warranty to anyone who uses amsoil interceptor. On a new oem 2 stroke snowmobile. It will cover all internal components of the engine that are lubricated. It does not have to be the oil that causes the malfunction or destruction for the warranty to cover the engine. 

https://w.amsoil.com/lander/snow-warranty/

03D37ACB-263E-4689-A20E-3881C9AB6982.jpeg

• Haha 1

Good luck with that. They will probably need your sled for a couple of seasons to decide IF you get warranty, or not.

Probably a disclaimer stating you can only collect from one warranty source as well, so if brand new, that would be Poolaris. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well considering Cat is the only one offering a 1 year warranty.   Doo and Poo are offering 4 years on spring orders.   Who would you go to first to get warranty reimbursement....your dealer or Amsoil?   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Ive been using this stuff for the last 2 seasons. $22 a gallon at farm and fleet. If you can get a good deal on amsoil I say go for it. 

JT-4 Synthetic 2 Cycle Snowmobile Oil

Almost anyone can be an Amsoil dealer.   Besides discounted prices they send you checks based on how much you buy/sell.  Got a $19.00 one sitting on my desk right now.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Almost anyone can be an Amsoil dealer.   Besides discounted prices they send you checks based on how much you buy/sell.  Got a $19.00 one sitting on my desk right now.

I have run just about every brand of 2s oil thru this polaris by now. Only thing I have noticed is the skidoo full syn burns my eyes. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have run just about every brand of 2s oil thru this polaris by now. Only thing I have noticed is the skidoo full syn burns my eyes. 

Run Polaris in the Polaris based off a DynoTech report.   All my other sleds run Amsoil. 

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Holy shit!  Even for Polaris sleds?!?!  Amazing!!!

Starting april 1st amsoil will be offering a 2 year/5000 mile. engine warranty to anyone who uses amsoil interceptor. On a new oem 2 stroke snowmobile. It will cover all internal components of the engine that are lubricated. It does not have to be the oil that causes the malfunction or destruction for the warranty to cover the engine. 

https://w.amsoil.com/lander/snow-warranty/

03D37ACB-263E-4689-A20E-3881C9AB6982.jpeg

The kinda play a word game, the motor would already be covered by MFG warranty.. I run Opti, what they do is double MFG warranty, so two year warranty on motor by the mfg, the next 2 years are covered by Opti..So the motor would be covered for 4 years.

Just now, Mainecat said:

I ran Klotz in all my 2 stroke sleds. Never had a fail.

Klotz is the only one I don’t like. Smells like bad perfume to me lolz.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Ive been using this stuff for the last 2 seasons. $22 a gallon at farm and fleet. If you can get a good deal on amsoil I say go for it. 

JT-4 Synthetic 2 Cycle Snowmobile Oil

$8 mail in rebate until end of 2020. Stock up like toilet paper!!!!

• Haha 1

Good move by Amsoil.  I think their sales have really taken a hit with the fear the manufacturers have put into consumers.  

Even though the manufacturer warranty would cover it for Polaris or Ski-Doo, consumers don't want to be in a finger pointing match between the OEM and the oil supplier on an expensive repair.  Especially when Amsoil isn't much cheaper, or even the same price, as the OEM oil.  Why take that risk just to say you run the Amzoilz?!?!?!?

For Cat buyers it is a good deal.  Basically a free year of extended warranty on the engine, up to 5000 miles.  My 6000 CTEC was run the first 1500 miles on Amsoil Interceptor.  I've run the CTEC2 oil since but now at 6100 miles and no issues.  With the CTEC 2 oil being $34 per gallon at Haydays, it just isn't worth running an aftermarket oil.

28 minutes ago, Legend said:

$8 mail in rebate until end of 2020. Stock up like toilet paper!!!!

They had it at Farm and Fleet for $19.99 at Christmas time. I bought all they had. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Why not? 

Mystik =$14

Amsoil = much more than $14

I don't get hung up and the whole "this oil is better than that oil" bullshit. Because that's all it is, bullshit. If your 2stroke engine fails because of oil, its because you didn't use enough. 

1 minute ago, Legend said:

Mystik =$14

Amsoil = much more than $14

I don't get hung up and the whole "this oil is better than that oil" bullshit. Because that's all it is, bullshit. If your 2stroke engine fails because of oil, its because you didn't use enough. 

Hey I am with you thats why I use Mystik and not $50 polaris VES

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Good move by Amsoil.  I think their sales have really taken a hit with the fear the manufacturers have put into consumers.  

Even though the manufacturer warranty would cover it for Polaris or Ski-Doo, consumers don't want to be in a finger pointing match between the OEM and the oil supplier on an expensive repair.  Especially when Amsoil isn't much cheaper, or even the same price, as the OEM oil.  Why take that risk just to say you run the Amzoilz?!?!?!?

For Cat buyers it is a good deal.  Basically a free year of extended warranty on the engine, up to 5000 miles.  My 6000 CTEC was run the first 1500 miles on Amsoil Interceptor.  I've run the CTEC2 oil since but now at 6100 miles and no issues.  With the CTEC 2 oil being $34 per gallon at Haydays, it just isn't worth running an aftermarket oil.

if anyone did this i'm sure the process of getting it approved under warranty will be a clusterfuck.  it would be full of loopholes like the BG service warranty on cars.  

Edited by Angry ginger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm sure the process of getting it approved under warranty will be a clusterfuck.  People better be able to account for every gallon that should have been run through the sled.  

Oh the horrors.  Honda wants a picture of my oil change receipt at 20 hours if I change it myself.  Such a PITA.  I'm thinking I might just sell it and cut my losses.