Check your account email address ×

How many here are sheltering in place?

How many are sheltering in place.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many are sheltering in place.

• Yes completely not going to work or even to the grocery store for 2 weeks.
    • Dramatically limiting leaving home but still do occasionally
    • Living mostly normal except where places are closed.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Highmark said:

Sorry but I don't think many as a percentage of infected or dying is healthy young people.  

One dosnt have to have it bad enough to die to spread the shit around. And that's the problem.

9 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Even Bon Jovi keyboards player says dont panic 

I swear I saw a pic of JBJ serving food at a soup kitchen very recently.

I guess if you're gonna get it....

Aside from walking in the neighborhood, I haven't left the house since March 13. Due to recent major surgery and my health issues, best to stay in the house! I was already laid up until well past May, so nothing has changed other than my family home a bit more! I need to start physical therapy, so recovery will be a bit longer, but better than the Wuhan! 

• Like 2

We’ve been laying low. Just going out to get food. When the stay at home order went into effect it was real quiet around here. Seems to be getting busier again. I can tell by all the walkers people are getting cabin fever.

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Moved vacation to the 18th got a better house with a pool for less money.

It was no easy feat!

Let the shaming and that will never happen talk begin! 

I don't care what you do but quit blaming the Governor for stupid behaviors. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't care what you do but quit blaming the Governor for stupid behaviors. 

She's a terrible governor. You can't blame the federal government for unprepared hospitals in her state.  That's on her.

I also find it quite humorous that you're defending her over and over again while all she did was lie through her campaign kind of like Trump did but you seem to have no problem with it

Pretty much been driving to work, locking myself and my admin in for 2 weeks.  No office visits, just webexes and phone calls.  First 2 weeks, people were a little nutty worrying about the markets, but have had a net gain of new assets as people are trying to buy on the low side of things.    This week very quiet, so been closing up early, forwarding the phone and working remotely from my lap top if I need to.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We’ve been laying low. Just going out to get food. When the stay at home order went into effect it was real quiet around here. Seems to be getting busier again. I can tell by all the walkers people are getting cabin fever.

Wife said Walmart was somewhat quieter in the Morning yesterday but was normal from 3 pm on..perhaps folks got enough TP and hand sanitizer, or or the fact they are limiting how much you can buy.

I’ve been greeting people at the entrance of a healthcare facility. Instructing them to fill out a personal information form for tracking and to detect high risk behaviors. Then I take their temperature with a infrared thermometer. I guess it anyone is going to get it, I will. So far, I’m golden. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

We need that crazy Canadian weatherman to put out a coronavirus public service announcement. 

What is that guys name?

This guy from NH?

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

One dosnt have to have it bad enough to die to spread the shit around. And that's the problem.

Yes, made that point a number of times.  

• Like 1

We are not taking any office visits nor are we allowing truck drivers to enter the factory.   Paperwork is handled outside using 6ft rule.   Steel deliveries they stay in their truck (our steel bay allows the whole truck to back into the factory) we unload the truck then they go back outside to strap their remaining loads back down.   Outside contact with our employee's is absolutely minimal.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

Aside from walking in the neighborhood, I haven't left the house since March 13. Due to recent major surgery and my health issues, best to stay in the house! I was already laid up until well past May, so nothing has changed other than my family home a bit more! I need to start physical therapy, so recovery will be a bit longer, but better than the Wuhan! 

Smart to self-isolate if you have underlying issues.  That is going to go on for awhile.  Do as much walking and rehab as you can at home, especially as it gets nice this spring.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Pretty much been driving to work, locking myself and my admin in for 2 weeks.  No office visits, just webexes and phone calls.  First 2 weeks, people were a little nutty worrying about the markets, but have had a net gain of new assets as people are trying to buy on the low side of things.    This week very quiet, so been closing up early, forwarding the phone and working remotely from my lap top if I need to.

Good to hear some are finding a buying opportunity.  Any time stocks are at a 3-5 year low I'm a buyer!  I just don't keep money on the sidelines as I'm always putting in as much as I can in our retirement accounts.  Could crank up the HSAs and buy some stock in there though.

17 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Smart to self-isolate if you have underlying issues.  That is going to go on for awhile.  Do as much walking and rehab as you can at home, especially as it gets nice this spring.

Good to hear some are finding a buying opportunity.  Any time stocks are at a 3-5 year low I'm a buyer!  I just don't keep money on the sidelines as I'm always putting in as much as I can in our retirement accounts.  Could crank up the HSAs and buy some stock in there though.

I’ve been doing some successful short term plays on stuff like Boeing, GE and Tesla.  Some of these equities have been moving up or down 10-20% a day.  It’s not what I normally do, but some great opportunities out there lately. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’ve been doing some successful short term plays on stuff like Boeing, GE and Tesla.  Some of these equities have been moving up or down 10-20% a day.  It’s not what I normally do, but some great opportunities out there lately. 

You’re so stupid.  @ArcticCrusher turned me on to some sweet group buys on GICs.  That’s where the safe money is for sure!

Also, I opened a couple of Christmas club accounts with my local banks.  Just gonna sit back and take it all in!!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

You’re so stupid.  @ArcticCrusher turned me on to some sweet group buys on GICs.  That’s where the safe money is for sure!

Also, I opened a couple of Christmas club accounts with my local banks.  Just gonna sit back and take it all in!!!!

Granted the cruise line stocks are going to be depressed for a while, but Norwegian Cruise lines and Carnival are trading for a fraction of what they were three months ago. Just bought some NCL too.

We just got back from running to the drug store and market. We decided to go to the small market here in town instead of the bigger ones in the town that the drug store is in. They had everything in stock, including TP, eggs and chicken.  It was weird passing all of the closed businesses and rental properties.