Check your account email address ×

It amazes me....

ckf

1 hour ago, ckf said:

How so many think we are over reacting and that it's no worse than a common flu. I'll admit that I thought the same at first.  All it takes is a little research to see how serious it is. 

Years of telling people not to listen to science is at the root of it.  When you have to argue about the earth being round with a portion of the population, you know you have a problem.

This "flu' is bad because you are most contagious before you even know you have symptoms, it is very contagious and it's a kills people.  It's a bad combination.

It's not like the experts are asking us to burn our fields or go to war.  Stay home and watch netflix, don't make unnecessary trips, keep 6 feet away from people. How fucking hard is that?

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, ckf said:

OK, i get what your position is on this.  But, we don't have a vaccine for this flu and our medical facilities aren't equipped to handle what they are about to get.  That makes it worse than the common flu in my eyes. 

Agree to disagree  :bc:

Vaccines besides stopping people from getting ill often reduce severity of those who do.   They work. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

You don't think this virus would have been contained easier if people listened to the experts to stay away from one another?

problem was early on you had the complete idiot segment (a large percentage of this forum) calling everyone who was heeding the advice of experts snowflakes and pussies. Gullible morons who were buying in to a MSM created panic. 

Edited by frenchy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Years of telling people not to listen to science is at the root of it.  When you have to argue about the earth being round with a portion of the population, you know you have a problem.

This "flu' is bad because you are most contagious before you even know you have symptoms, it is very contagious and it's a kills people.  It's a bad combination.

It's not like the experts are asking us to burn our fields or go to war.  Stay home and watch netflix, don't make unnecessary trips, keep 6 feet away from people. How fucking hard is that?

You mean like being told the product you make for a living isn't toxic? And making your employees come to work?

That kind of being told?

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild

19 minutes ago, irv said:

My wife is working from home, thankfully, so that is occupying her time. We/I will have to go out within a couple days to grab some things but I am not too worried about it.

Just going to have to see/read first what is all required of me, if anything, to put on before going? I'm sure when I get home, if she doesn't go with me, I will be told repeatedly to wash my hands and maybe even take a full shower. I know my son is also getting a bit tired of hearing her so I am hoping we get some better, more positive news soon rather than later. 

Yup, gets a little tiresome. I finally went out in yard to work and get some peace & quiet.   She means well, it just her nature.  

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

Something we can agree on,   lol. :bc:

I had the flu in late January. It was the worst I have even had. Shortness of breath, couldn’t sleep flat for 2 weeks, weak, covered head cold, fever. It took almost 3 weeks. I have the thought now it could have been the Coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Doubt it. Sawyer county would have some reported cases by now if that were the case.

They aren't testing here. Neighbors wife works at the Hospital, no testing yet.

Edited by XCR1250

14 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

You mean like being told the product you make for a living isn't toxic? And making your employees come to work?

That kind of being told?

It's not like social distances changes things for you.  People have always avoided you. 

They worry that stupid is contagious. 

What was that post about avoiding Subways?   Does Manitoba even have a Subway?   :lol:  I can just imagine you yelling at people in bumfuck nowhere to keep away from the subways.  :lmao:  What a fucking loon. 

Edited by revkevsdi

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It’s a shame Redheaded Dumbfuck asked to be banned from HCS...he would fit right in over there now with the rest of the deniers.

Thanks for your usual contribution.

Nothing of any substance.

Hopefully you don't represent all painters.

They all can't be as dumb as you.

ksqOaoy.gif

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ckf said:

I guess the experts that your info is coming from aren't the same ones that federal and state officials are using? I'm pretty sure my governor doesn't want to tank our economy :dunno:

Charlie Baker said again yesterday that Mass will not shut down 

2 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Thanks for your usual contribution.

Nothing of any substance.

Hopefully you don't represent all painters.

They all can't be as dumb as you.

ksqOaoy.gif

LOL!  Pouty got reinstated at HCS then promptly got his ass thumped around in thread after thread trying to be so “woke” so now, he hates HCS.

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  Pouty got reinstated at HCS then promptly got his ass thumped around in thread after thread trying to be so “woke” so now, he hates HCS.

To be fair hcs is not what it was 10+ years ago and seems to be slowly dying from what I see.  Just imo of course 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

I go there all the time you moron...so now you have two compadres here...Sludge and Redheaded Wee Man...bravo!! 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I go there all the time you moron...so now you have two compadres here...Sludge and Redheaded Wee Man...bravo!! 

I see you think you are now some kind of “team master”.  Hmmm.....so who is on your team then?  I mean besides BarbieHands of course.  So woke!

:lmao:

31 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

A global virus with no vaccine is nothing to worry about......riiiiiiight.

my thoughts are this virus was here late last year and was diagnosed as the common flu.

Yup, I think so.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

That will change if the numbers don't get in control.

Very few cases here 

I could see Boston shutting down but not the whole state 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The media has just recently decided to make it much, much, much, much more.

Sensationalism for the emotionally challenged. There are a few here that will be in tears 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Very few cases here 

I could see Boston shutting down but not the whole state 

I think we will see everything except essential services shut down nationwide over the next week to ten days. The medical facilities won't be able to keep up. 

• Thanks 1