Check your account email address ×

It amazes me....

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

What was the mortality rate when the common flu hit the first time?

Why does that matter?   

This is about not overwhelming our HC system so other needs for hospitalization are not impacted.   We have to look beyond comparison to the seasonal flu. 

Italy is sending people home to die.  Doctors and nurses are choosing who to treat and not treat.   We are trying to avoid that here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Yah well when they call on the core to build 5 hospitals in NY because theirs are full and the cases are not even close to the top of the infection curve it's not the common flue you fucking retard :flush:

People were still riding subways.

What do you expect to happen.

Its contagious stay away from each other.

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Why does that matter?   

This is about not overwhelming our HC system so other needs for hospitalization are not impacted.   We have to look beyond comparison to the seasonal flu. 

Italy is sending people home to die.  Doctors and nurses are choosing who to treat and not treat.   We are trying to avoid that here.

If people listened and complied with social distancing it would have neen contained faster likely.

Again very simple.

But humans don't like to be told what to do.

5 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

You idiots want to argue whether this flu is the worse ever.

Listen to the experts and stop the thing from spreading.

Very simple but no one seems to grasp the concept.

Just keep saying it's the baddest and ignore what the experts say to do.

no one is comparing it to the flu except for the mouth breathers who are trying to claim people are over reacting to this. 

• Like 4

What to you expect to happen.

It's not the Pleistocene period where you can just go back to your cave and hunt rabbits in your dooryard in modern consumer society's  :guzzle:

What to you expect to happen.

OK, i get what your position is on this.  But, we don't have a vaccine for this flu and our medical facilities aren't equipped to handle what they are about to get.  That makes it worse than the common flu in my eyes. 

Agree to disagree  :bc:

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Same. I haven't went anywhere in about 4 days and don't really plan on it anytime soon. With my wife being somewhat of a germaphobe, I know if I went anywhere, it would just add to her worries.

My wife is a worrier. This is making her lose her mind.  Only thing makes her feel better is buying supplies.   We have food alcohol, stacked up everywhere.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

OK, i get what your position is on this.  But, we don't have a vaccine for this flu and our medical facilities aren't equipped to handle what they are about to get.  That makes it worse than the common flu in my eyes. 

Agree to disagree  :bc:

Its not a matter of disagreeing or not.

There was no cure for the common flu immediately either. Like I said this is new.

That doesn't make it worse though.

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild

2 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

There was no cure for the common flu immediately either. Like I said this is new.

ummm....there still isn't. 

Whatever dude. 

There is still no cure the vaccines are just immunity boosters :guzzle:

• Like 1

Exactly.

And how many people get it and are still dying every year?

9 minutes ago, frenchy said:

no one is comparing it to the flu except for the mouth breathers who are trying to claim people are over reacting to this. 

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

My wife is a worrier. This is making her lose her mind.  Only thing makes her feel better is buying supplies.   We have food alcohol, stacked up everywhere.  :lol:

My wife is working from home, thankfully, so that is occupying her time. We/I will have to go out within a couple days to grab some things but I am not too worried about it.

Just going to have to see/read first what is all required of me, if anything, to put on before going? I'm sure when I get home, if she doesn't go with me, I will be told repeatedly to wash my hands and maybe even take a full shower. I know my son is also getting a bit tired of hearing her so I am hoping we get some better, more positive news soon rather than later. 

Edited by irv