Check your account email address ×

It amazes me....

ckf

How so many think we are over reacting and that it's no worse than a common flu. I'll admit that I thought the same at first.  All it takes is a little research to see how serious it is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

How so many think we are over reacting and that it's no worse than a common flu. I'll admit that I thought the same at first.  All it takes is a little research to see how serious it is. 

It is no different than the common flu other than it seems very contagious. 

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

You got the first poster below you congrats :bc: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, ckf said:

My dad is in that group. Called him to see if he needed anything. He said he was ging out. I asked what he needed. He said " oh I don't know, just take a look around"

6 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

It is no different than the common flu other than it seems very contagious. 

Lol. Really?  Do you honestly believe this flu isn't more serious than the common flu? 

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

Manitoba vigorously refutes your claim!

• Haha 3

A local business owner, I know, is all over social media calling all the deaths lies.   My wife was showing me his posts,   last night. …..  demanding to see dead people.    Apparently he has family in Italy, they were blasting him.  I am amazed of the number of people who still want to play stupid ass partisan games.   I believe some would rather die or have family die than drop the bullshit and demand differences be put aside and people work together.  With all that is going on it is hard to believe some still have the need to belittle and name call others to feel good about themselves. s 

• Like 3

Just now, ckf said:

Lol. Really?  Do you honestly believe this flu isn't more serious than the common flu? 

It is mainly for those with underlying illnesses.  What I don't get is peoples inability to follow what seems to be a fairly simple protocol to beat this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I thought so at first. After the last 2 weeks I’ve changed my mind. More serious about laying low now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I thought so at first. After the last 2 weeks I’ve changed my mind. More serious about laying low now.

Same. I haven't went anywhere in about 4 days and don't really plan on it anytime soon. With my wife being somewhat of a germaphobe, I know if I went anywhere, it would just add to her worries.

1 minute ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

No. It isn't 

Look at the #s

It's only because it's new we are seeing what we have 

The numbers are just getting started, lol

26 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Manitoba vigorously refutes your claim!

Honestly we have seen no evidence of any intelligence from that province on this site to date. :lol: 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, ckf said:

Our mortality rate is running about 1.2% as of this morning.   Likely its much lower as many probably have it with milder symptoms and are not being tested.  

Even lower than 1.2% is still serious when compared to the seasonal flu. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Our mortality rate is running about 1.2% as of this morning.   Likely its much lower as many probably have it with milder symptoms and are not being tested.  

Even lower than 1.2% is still serious when compared to the seasonal flu. 

What was the mortality rate when the common flu hit the first time?

2 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

This is why no child left behind is a terrible policy.  

• Haha 2

The nursing home near here had 3 that tested positive. A 96, 94 and a 61yr old and one of the 3 has passed away. There are another 20 residents and 8 staff that have to be tested. I wonder how many went in/out of the place that came in contact with others

5 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Yah well when they call on the core to build 5 hospitals in NY because theirs are full and the cases are not even close to the top of the infection curve it's not the common flue you fucking retard :flush:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

It was the same way with other flu's.

People aren't listening to the experts.

What do you expects going to happen?

That still doesn't make it anymore serious.

I guess the experts that your info is coming from aren't the same ones that federal and state officials are using? I'm pretty sure my governor doesn't want to tank our economy :dunno: