Check your account email address ×

Who is still working due to essential services

4 hours ago, Dieselgeek said:

It's a slow uncertain process. Luckily I was basically quarantined in my house before Corona, so not much has changed for me. I'm bored and ready to work, but need to let my body heal. My future is very uncertain, and it's likely I need fusion further down my neck. My focus now is healing and a new career! 

D5197849-B17B-4C9A-A534-8B2BC6AA046C.jpeg

Hope you heal well. Perhaps dispatching in the future.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wife works at an accounting firm. She is still working as of now. We will be starting this week. Delivery coming today.Will stock trucks tomorrow . Probably start some construction later this week.

90% of what we do we can do with coming into contact with people.

• Like 1

Still working.  Shitty outside with nowhere to go or do.  I can only sit around for so long with out going crazy.   With the kids coming and going , I’m safer here with less contact.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

I'd like to get into management, seems dispatching is the first step unfortunately. Pays far less, but need to take care of my health. 

general manger or cfo is where the big money is next would be sales. if you could bring some new business your on your way to sales and lots of bullshit. i know some that are making 6 figures and the first number is not a 1

Factory is open and running.   Iowa hasn't gone on full shutdown just certain business'.

One of my guys mom is the head ER nurse at a local hospital.   You wouldn't like what she is saying and my county has very few cases to date.  

Personally I think they like everyone else really doesn't know where this is going and are preparing for the worst case scenario.  

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Factory is open and running.   Iowa hasn't gone on full shutdown just certain business'.

One of my guys mom is the head ER nurse at a local hospital.   You wouldn't like what she is saying and my county has very few cases to date.  

Personally I think they like everyone else really doesn't know where this is going and are preparing for the worst case scenario.  

You should be shutdown. 

Your attitude is the reason the virus is spreading.

Just now, Redheaded Stepchild said:

You should be shutdown. 

Your attitude is the reason the virus is spreading.

Maybe but we haven't been told to yet by gov Reynolds.   One positive test and we would.   Even a few calling in sick and we would.   About 1/2 office staff working from home.   The owners are not.   We are here.   Look pretty bad if we were at home while they were working.   No chance we pull that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowstorm said:

general manger or cfo is where the big money is next would be sales. if you could bring some new business your on your way to sales and lots of bullshit. i know some that are making 6 figures and the first number is not a 1

We only haul fuel to our own stations, so there is no outside business to attain. Other than customers to a station, but that is very city/market driven. I'm trying to get out of the truck and into the office, I have a bachelor's degree, and trying to utilize experience and education to do so, hard to get out of the truck once you get in it seems! 

26 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Just got my "get out of jail free" papers to keep in my vehicle in case I am stopped on the way to work.

Same, I have them to give out to contractors that are vital to our business.

Massachusetts is the next state to shut down starting tomorrow. It is coming her to Maine soon.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

Massachusetts is the next state to shut down starting tomorrow. It is coming her to Maine soon.

I was just in our office, they are trying to find out if we are critical manufacturing or not. If not we close.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

What's the ER saying?

28 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

We only haul fuel to our own stations, so there is no outside business to attain. Other than customers to a station, but that is very city/market driven. I'm trying to get out of the truck and into the office, I have a bachelor's degree, and trying to utilize experience and education to do so, hard to get out of the truck once you get in it seems! 

maybe try recruiting drivers as a side job for an otr carrier. no better recruiter than a driver. the co my wife works for had a open house family  day a while back at there new terminal. they had some new trucks there. so someone asks the recruiter how many petes do you have? he went arrr i dont know. i told him later on you need to know things like that

I’m back to work. What I’m doing now is considered essential services. Holy fuck. What a god damn mess. Everything is on contingency. There’s a rush for available office space and managers are having meltdowns. Wtf did I get myself into? During times like this, you really get to see what people are made of. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’m back to work. What I’m doing now is considered essential services. Holy fuck. What a god damn mess. Everything is on contingency. There’s a rush for available office space and managers are having meltdowns. Wtf did I get myself into? During times like this, you really get to see what people are made of. 

This is how we know you're not a bad dude.

Good job and be safe.

Edited by Redheaded Stepchild

45 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

What's the ER saying?

To put it mildly....its going to get much worse.

Another guys wife is floating nurse at the U of I Hospital and they called her last night and said don't come in we don't need you.   With all the non-essential services shut down I can see why.  

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

To put it mildly....its going to get much worse.

Another guys wife is floating nurse at the U of I Hospital and they called her last night and said don't come in we don't need you.   With all the non-essential services shut down I can see why.  

Not good...