Check your account email address ×

Who is still working due to essential services

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How are you healing up? 

It's a slow uncertain process. Luckily I was basically quarantined in my house before Corona, so not much has changed for me. I'm bored and ready to work, but need to let my body heal. My future is very uncertain, and it's likely I need fusion further down my neck. My focus now is healing and a new career! 

D5197849-B17B-4C9A-A534-8B2BC6AA046C.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

It's a slow uncertain process. Luckily I was basically quarantined in my house before Corona, so not much has changed for me. I'm bored and ready to work, but need to let my body heal. My future is very uncertain, and it's likely I need fusion further down my neck. My focus now is healing and a new career! 

Wow....thats painfull just to look at.....best of luck on recovery dude..jeesh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

What happened 

There is no halt on non-essential services here in Ontario yet but the atmosphere is making it harder and harder for my company to operate. I build and service swimming pools. We've been off all winter and now is the season to get going. April, May, June is 50% of my billable working season. But it looks like building will stop since they closed all the local building departments last week, no permits being issued. I have 3 pool builds scheduled for April and no permits yet for any of them. I will likely have to forge ahead without permits and beg for forgiveness as I don't have the ability to postpone but then I will need the customer's permission to do so.

I just bought $100k in product.

And employees. I had 2 new employees scheduled to start tomorrow weather permitting. They both emailed last week asking if Monday was still ago amid the resent changes. I emailed back that, regardless of what happens, they were to report in Monday at 9 am for an employee meeting to discuss the situation. I would pay them for 8 hours regardless of the length of the meeting. One of the two email this morning that he had cold like symptoms and would not be in. I emailed him back and said I'm sorry to hear that but since I have work scheduled and now he would have to quarantine for 14 days I would no longer be able to hire him. Good luck. Likely just let's him off the hook as he is likely collecting EI already and and didn't want to screw with his payments.

I can still do service but pool opening season doesn't generally start until Late April. May have to encourage those customers to push up their opening dates.

Very frustrating trying to make plans when the future is so uncertain.

• Sad 2

My wife is a RN at a pretty large senior care facility so she'll be working. I'm in sales and most customers are contractors so i'll be available and working from home via phone and computer. As for our company we will be considered essential as we sell to and support many large utilities in electric and natural gas distribution.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Hang in there bud....hope the healing continues going well and new opportunities present themselves! :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

We dont do stations anymore.  Just mainly deal with refers and tractors. 

I don't foresee myself going back once I heal up. Time to use the brain and not the body!

22 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Wow....thats painfull just to look at.....best of luck on recovery dude..jeesh

Thanks. That scar started in 2018 with brain surgery, opened again February 12 for craniocervical fusion! Hopefully done for a few years. 

21 minutes ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

What happened 

Craniocervical fusion. Have craniocervical instability. Essentially my cervical spine can't support my head correctly. I'll probably need fusion further down as well. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hang in there bud....hope the healing continues going well and new opportunities present themselves! :thumbsup:

Appreciate it! Slow and steady! Patience isn't a great trait of mine. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dieselgeek said:

I don't foresee myself going back once I heal up. Time to use the brain and not the body!

Thanks. That scar started in 2018 with brain surgery, opened again February 12 for craniocervical fusion! Hopefully done for a few years. 

Craniocervical fusion. Have craniocervical instability. Essentially my cervical spine can't support my head correctly. I'll probably need fusion further down as well. 

Take care bud.  Stay away from this shit best you can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Oh damn. Well take care of yourself.  Hoping for a speedy recovery!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Sorry to hear. All the best with your recovery.

Working limited hours as a tech for a Jaguar Land Rover dealer in Toronto. Doing mostly internal stuff next week. Started out with about 20 appointments at the beginning of the week but dwindled down to 2 by Friday. Hard to keep 16 techs busy with those numbers.