Check your account email address ×

Looks like the Chinese virus is a bust

Rod

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

People are stupid and cleaning the shelves of tp at every store across the country proves that.

The Indians up here blockaded our railways and stopped all the toilet paper getting to market Government just stood and watched it happen :guzzle:

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

For it to be that low the infection rate in the US has to be 15 times what it is right now.  The infection rate in Itally 100 times.  

You and Sludgey are stupid,

6 minutes ago, Momorider said:

You are sites biggest :lies:

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

For it to be that low the infection rate in the US has to be 15 times what it is right now.  The infection rate in Itally 100 times.  

You and Sludgey are stupid,

:news:

Screenshot_20200321-124818.png

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Momorider said:

The Indians up here blockaded our railways and stopped all the toilet paper getting to market Government just stood and watched it happen :guzzle:

What do you care, you just use your fingers and lick them off. 

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

:news:

Screenshot_20200321-124818.png

Then it went nuts from there.  Kind of scary isn't it?  I must have been dumb enough to believe Sludgey when he said death from the flue is .8 percent 

Edited by revkevsdi

The death rate from seasonal flu is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times

Though the death rate for COVID-19 is unclear, most research suggests it is higher than that of the seasonal flu.

In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. Another study of about 1,100 hospitalized patients in China, published Feb. 28 in the New England Journal of Medicine, found that the overall death rate was slightly lower, around 1.4%.

Still, the death rate for COVID-19 appears to vary by location and an individual's age, among other factors. For instance, in Hubei Province, the epicenter of the outbreak, the death rate reached 2.9%; in other provinces of China, that rate was just 0.4%, according to the China CDC Weekly study. In addition, older adults have been hit the hardest. The death rate soars to 14.8% in those 80 and older; among those ages 70 to 79, the COVID-19 death rate in China seems to be about 8%; it’s 3.6% for those ages 60 to 69; 1.3% for 50 to 59; 0.4% for the age group 40 to 49; and just 0.2% for people ages 10 to 39. No deaths in children under 9 have been reported. 

A report published March 13 in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases adjusted for the potential time delay between hospitalization and death among cases in China. The authors estimated that, as of Feb. 11, the death rate from COVID-19 was as high as 12% in Wuhan, 4% in Hubei Province and 0.9% in the rest of China.

In the CDC's MMWR study, 45% of hospitalizations, 53% of admissions to the intensive care unit (ICU), and 80% of deaths associated with COVID-19 were among adults aged 65 years and old

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Then it went nuts from there.  Kind of scary isn't it?

Ehhh, I just got back from shopping, glad I don't live in NYC or anywhere near it..things are fairly normal around here for the most part. Feeling bad for the people who are out of work. I have some friends that this really is putting a hurting on, that really bums me out..

1 hour ago, Anler said:

One of our employees SIL just tested positive. She works in a high school cafeteria. They've been shut down all week but it's right in the timeframe for symptoms. He's trying to get tested now but phone lines are slammed and who knows if there are enough tests. 

Not good.

@ckf Momo rider gave Anler's post the finger, you need to put this demented moron on flood control or just ban the jagoff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ehhh, I just got back from shopping, glad I don't live in NYC or anywhere near it..things are fairly normal around here for the most part. Feeling bad for the people who are out of work. I have some friends that this really is putting a hurting on, that really bums me out..

Just read they are limiting the amount of people in our local stores and some chains have and are installing plexiglas between customers and staff.

They also gave their employee a retroactive $2.00/hour pay bonus retroactive to Mar. 8th.  

Good on them.

Most people in the medical profession get paid well and knew they'd be dealing with infectious diseases at some point.  A grocery clerk not so much. Kudos for them for even showing up to work.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Just read they are limiting the amount of people in our local stores and some chains have and are installing plexiglas between customers and staff.

They also gave their employee a retroactive $2.00/hour pay bonus retroactive to Mar. 8th.  

Good on them.

Most people in the medical profession get paid well and knew they'd be dealing with infectious diseases at some point.  A grocery clerk not so much. Kudos for them for even showing up to work.  

Have you given your employees a raise? 

They are taking a risk because of your greed.

5 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Well people have their head in the sand and don’t think they are going to do it. The entire state of IL is going into a soft lock down at 5pm today. This info is already out there  and has been in the works for over a week.

My daughters suitemate from school lives in Long Grove, IL and she said something about police in the streets....not sure how legit the info is. 

We have 3 cases of it in a nursing home 20min from here which means anybody that has visited and the staff there could all be potential risks. They announced that people traveling up to cottage country to stay home as well to see how bad the outbreak is gonna be here

3 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We have 3 cases of it in a nursing home 20min from here which means anybody that has visited and the staff there could all be potential risks. They announced that people traveling up to cottage country to stay home as well to see how bad the outbreak is gonna be here

They don't like citidiots in the best of times.

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

That same staff , also stopped to get gas. Bought coffee's , hit the conviniance store. Went to the grocery store ect.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They don't like citidiots in the best of times.

That's for sure. We were idling down the river ( wake zone) and some old lady is yelling at us to slow down. My buddies wife told her to fuck off and go back to the city lol. 

I went to the local store today to get extra milk,cream and smokes. I sat out front and made sure nobody was in there lol. I grabbed the stuff, paid with my cc and when I got in the car took the latex gloves off and wiped everything down with towelettes. It might be overkill but you never know.

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I went to the local store today to get extra milk,cream and smokes. I sat out front and made sure nobody was in there lol. I grabbed the stuff, paid with my cc and when I got in the car took the latex gloves off and wiped everything down with towelettes. It might be overkill but you never know.

I stopped by the grocery store on the way home . Grabbed the shit to make a batch of marinara. Kinda got the willies in there.