Check your account email address ×

Polaris 2021 Release

1 hour ago, Anler said:

What makes the 146 that much better than the 144? Unless you are going off trail. Even still that is pretty minimal

146" track has a different pitch and is lighter.  Better throttle response and probably a shade better on top end.

Just now, Highmark said:

Yeah you look it.  :lol:  

LOL!  Not gonna lie, if either of you would have failed to come up with that follow up line, you were going on "ignore".  You beat Ticky to the punch but, he would have made the effort to post the corresponding gif...if there was one.  :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  Not gonna lie, if either of you would have failed to come up with that follow up line, you were going on "ignore".  You beat Ticky to the punch but, he would have made the effort to post the corresponding gif...if there was one.  :lol: 

Only reason it took me so long was I was searching for a gif.   I'll put my movie/tv line memory up against the best of them.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

28 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Where are you finding walker evans “force” shocks? All I’m seeing is velocity or needle. :bc: 

9B968FE6-6512-4852-8FF0-34BE6B8FD31B.thumb.png.2377864702a5460f18d997698369274b.png
D2C7B270-B6D1-4312-8E7F-EA0CBDCEFBB4.thumb.png.ad18c51012e8c245a96cd0d11ba862d9.png

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

146" track has a different pitch and is lighter.  Better throttle response and probably a shade better on top end.

I would say worse top end ....the 2.52 tracks seem to run better top speed numbers for some reason 

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I would say worse top end ....the 2.52 tracks seem to run better top speed numbers for some reason 

weird.  Wonder if the lighter track is less prone to ballooning out.

5 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

A7F9AC74-F44D-4865-9210-F1670654E6BF.thumb.jpeg.1539567e05ae530a83f82d9b04c4188d.jpeg

F5888C1F-38BD-4C94-B16A-C747C99E5941.thumb.jpeg.67c463769b2b70d316c03b76991d4e3c.jpeg

PN: 0117788-02

Velocity shocks debuted on the Khaos last year and were well-received.  Great to see they're on more of the lineup.  XCR and VR1 get them, as does the Switchy Assault.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

600 miles and zero issues can’t say that for my doo’s oops 

3,600 trouble free miles on my '19 XRS, 4,000+ on my dad's '19 X. Changed our belts once.

Edited by Wildboer

44 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

The XCR kinda fell out of the lineup. Odd, thought they’d offer a 137” indy xcr this year. Guess the vr1 137” is it.  :dunno: 

Actually that XCR switchback in the pro xc is the one you want. Its fucking awesome. I think they put the 129 in the indy because they dont have a 129 pro s skid. 

so it looks like the scaffolding rear end is relegated to just two sleds in the Switchback lineup.  Never had a chance to try one but seemed like a good idea.  Just too much work for most to dial in or do folks just not like it because it's fugly?

1 minute ago, Matt said:

so it looks like the scaffolding rear end is relegated to just two sleds in the Switchback lineup.  Never had a chance to try one but seemed like a good idea.  Just too much work for most to dial in or do folks just not like it because it's fugly?

Its ugly but i have yet to ride a chassis that carves like it does. And you can pound the shit out of it, its tough. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Its ugly but i have yet to ride a chassis that carves like it does. And you can pound the shit out of it, its tough. 

Come into bumps and punch it. Front end lifts and rear suspension just eats the bumps.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Come into bumps and punch it. Front end lifts and rear suspension just eats the bumps.

That was the sled that set the polaris hook in me. Is a blast to ride. 

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Actually that XCR switchback in the pro xc is the one you want. Its fucking awesome. I think they put the 129 in the indy because they dont have a 129 pro s skid. 

Don’t want that funky ass end.