Check your account email address ×

poo 550 and the one's jerk off thread

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Have a small pinhole in the oil pan of my tractor. 3 cylinder diesel yanmar in a fohn deere. 

Looks like a cunt to get pan off. Should I try JB weld first ?

Would you?

Yes

just make sure it’s oil free. 

Edited by Pete

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Have a small pinhole in the oil pan of my tractor. 3 cylinder diesel yanmar in a fohn deere. 

Would you?

There was a steel epoxy we used to fix all the pitted 7.3 oil pans. Drain the oil now and let drain for a few days. It has to be perfectly oil free for the repair. I wish I could remember what we used but it always worked. Maybe check a Powerstroke forum. :bc: 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Do I have to sand/ grind to bare metal ?

I would 

cant grind aluminum. Maybe it’s steel lol.  Use some emery cloth to clean the surface very good and use acetone as a final cleaner 

Edited by Pete
  • Thanks 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Not necessarily to bare metal, just get the big stuff off. The pan is already thin. You may need to work some brake clean in the bottom of the pan to get all the oil residue to drain. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, bussman said:

There was a steel epoxy we used to fix all the pitted 7.3 oil pans. Drain the oil now and let drain for a few days. It has to be perfectly oil free for the repair. I wish I could remember what we used but it always worked. Maybe check a Powerstroke forum. :bc: 

I also have a tube full of windshield install silicone, thoughts?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, bussman said:

Not necessarily to bare metal, just get the big stuff off. The pan is already thin. You may need to work some brake clean in the bottom of the pan to get all the oil residue to drain. 

That was my plan

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Would you?

Yup!  Done it too.  I actually cleaned it well, sanded to bare metal, drilled out a tad and used some epoxy and a small screw. Worked for years until I sold it.

3 minutes ago, bussman said:

Metal magic?

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

All in the prep. Let oil drain out of plug for day. Jack it up to get leftover oil away from hole .  Clean first ,  grind , clean again.  You can blow compressed air in pin hole to make sure no oil drips out right before you apply. 

57 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Would you?

1050 "fohn deere"??

I like zamms screw idea. that alone would prob stop drip . the added in jb weld to screw before installing and a layer over would be good for decades .

he'll prob a screw with a,robber washer would hold by it self for yrs