Check your account email address ×

3 More Elk Poached In Pigeon River

1 minute ago, motonoggin said:

Meh. Elk are more of a nuisance than anything else. The herd is way too big as it is and the rules around hunting them are stupid.

I swear to god it should just be open season on wolves and deer around here. The deer are a fucking nuisance and the wolf numbers are far too great

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

I swear to god it should just be open season on wolves and deer around here. The deer are a fucking nuisance and the wolf numbers are far too great

We are lousy with Whitetails around here...I walk the dog around town at night sometimes and they are all over the place.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

We are lousy with Whitetails around here...I walk the dog around town at night sometimes and they are all over the place.

They destroy so many vehicles it makes me sick

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Really man?? You guys got packs of wolves running near your homes

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Really man?? You guys got packs of wolves running near your homes

Not exactly ....the issue is how many there are that you dont see. The numbers prove that from the last season that was held

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Not exactly ....the issue is how many there are that you dont see. The numbers prove that from the last season that was held

We have coyote and coy dogs,..I'm sure there are wolves way north east.. But you sound like you're way out in the sticks man.. Probably very peaceful

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Big time,around my cabin.

No shit?? We have bears too, lots of Black bear around

Just now, Rigid1 said:

We have coyote and coy dogs,..I'm sure there are wolves way north east.. But you sound like you're way out in the sticks man.. Probably very peaceful

Bear, small cats,and a few big cats, 

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well I live in a.town of 3000 people or so and havent seen a wolf in town. You see them out in the woods though. If you get out in the woods at night you will here the packs howling and hunting every night 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Elk are pretty destructive when they start to hang around farms. They break down fences and animals get out. There's more permitted elk hunters hunting private land vs public state forest where they're supposed to stay. At least with deer farmers can get reams of doe tags and make a dent in the population. one guy I know got 40 permits and filled them all. Can't do that with elk.

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It's like that east of here. More deer than trees sometimes. There's at least a couple a day killed on m32.

Edited by motonoggin

50 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well I live in a.town of 3000 people or so and havent seen a wolf in town. You see them out in the woods though. If you get out in the woods at night you will here the packs howling and hunting every night 

No shit,..That's cool and freaky at the same time..haha

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

No shit,..That's cool and freaky at the same time..haha

I remember cross country skiing with my dad as a kid and when we'd go after dark we would always be trailed by wolf packs out in the swamps. They are pretty skittish around humans 

1 minute ago, hayward said:

I'm surprised you have a deer population problem with wolves present, or do you mean just around the towns there's a deer problem, where the wolves steer clear of?

Nope.....wolf and deer populations are both extremely high around here. It seems counterintuitive but they have been over managing the deer herd for a while now. Hunters were allowed only one deer this year and no doe tags at all. The wolves are feasting and the deer are multiplying

I’ve seen a couple of wolves right on my road just north of town.  Had one stop right under the street light and look at me getting my trash can.  Pretty cool animals. 

They had a deer kill two lots down one night.  Holy shit.  Covered the road with blood and picked the carcass pretty clean.  Pretty freaky.  A neighbor and I cleaned it up so it wouldn’t freak out his kids.

This little guy didn’t make it off the trail last year.

E4F368D6-00C6-40A3-9A88-B35B3F710DA2.jpeg