Check your account email address ×

3 More Elk Poached In Pigeon River

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

What freaks me out is the coyotes around here. I see them walking right down the street at night. And they’re not scrawny like the ones you see up north. They’re well fed and yuge. Interesting how they’ve adapted to live in the city.

I had one in my back yard in broad daylight and yeah he was a healthy looking fellow. I can hear them yipping at night, feeding off the neighbors pets. 

There are tons of yote's out by my place. Makes the wife real nervous when she takes the dogs out at night, especially when they are howling. I have also been told we have some wolves around but I have not seen one. 

I took these pictures in Edmonton a couple of years ago. Crazy to see one this bold. I was sitting in my car waiting at a light.

20180113_142231.jpg

20180113_142236.jpg

20180113_142244.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomas. said:

There are tons of yote's out by my place. Makes the wife real nervous when she takes the dogs out at night, especially when they are howling. I have also been told we have some wolves around but I have not seen one. 

I took these pictures in Edmonton a couple of years ago. Crazy to see one this bold. I was sitting in my car waiting at a light.

20180113_142231.jpg

20180113_142236.jpg

20180113_142244.jpg

Ive seen the same thing along the side of I90 just outside Boston at rush hour.  conditioned yotes, i guess they dont care.

Edited by old indy

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

When I was a kid my stepdad and his farming buddies would go out and hunt them with their snowmobiles. I think they mostly ran them over, but i believe they had pistols too. Pretty savage thinking about that these days. 

I chased one down on a sled in pittsburg nh one night. He stayed on the trail till a road crossing. I should have ran the fucker over.

• Haha 1